Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #15
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSJIM View Post
And people wonder why motorcyclists carry rocks, ball bearings and guns with them.... we get screwed with quite often on the road.
Yep, a quarter falling out of your pocket or a washer falling off the motorcycle seems to back up a tail-gater, the other thing is if they try to run me off the road. You'd be surprised how many people think its funny to pass and not completely get in the other lane or tail-gate.
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)

Last edited by GSUNCSU; 06-10-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Typo
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #16
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
That always amazed me when I used to ride. So many car drivers give no respect to bikes... part of the reason I quit riding. Sure do miss it though.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #17
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Here is a jogging, two-tour veteran who was killed by a hit and run driver.
http://www.valleycentral.com/news/st...9#.T9UD98V2M-0
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #18
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
About a month ago near here a 60 yo jogger was shot and killed during his morning run. Shooter was from a passing car. No suspects and no reason.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/18...missouri-city/
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #19
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
i've been yelled at by people in passing cars. always the same :Teenage boys. No women, never over 20.
i wish i could say to them :"dude, you're hanging out of a car screaming at somebody, you look like a jack---, you just don't know it"
Old 06-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #20
Dr. Love

Drives: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSJIM View Post
And people wonder why motorcyclists carry rocks, ball bearings and guns with them.... we get screwed with quite often on the road.
I just got my motorcycle license. They did not teach me about rocks and ballbearings in the motorcycle safety class. Maybe that's for the advanced rider's class. However, I do have a carrying permit.

Dr. Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #21
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
They Threw Quaters!!! wow in my day we just threw pennys, must be inflation for ya... JK I never have thrown stuff at anyone.

Seriously, kids nowadays are not scared of getting into trouble. Parents can't whip them anymore without being accused of child abuse and the cops just don't seem to care.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 06-11-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #22
EWMAN

Drives: 2011 2SS RS L99 Blk/Blk
lots of years past in San Diego I was an auto mechanic, rode a mc to and from work on mostly I5 and I8. always kept a handfull of bearings from old ball bearing wheel bearings, in the pocket of my riding coat...
Very interesting what a ball bearing will do at 65 mph when it "falls" out of the pocket and hits the pavement.

Evil, Wick, Mean and Nasty

Aut Vinceri, Aut Mori
EWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #23
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWMAN View Post
lots of years past in San Diego I was an auto mechanic, rode a mc to and from work on mostly I5 and I8. always kept a handfull of bearings from old ball bearing wheel bearings, in the pocket of my riding coat...
Very interesting what a ball bearing will do at 65 mph when it "falls" out of the pocket and hits the pavement.
People that do things like that give all motorcyclists a bad rep. Actually there are some motorcycle riders that feel they own the road and they can ride any way they want, cutting between cars at stoplights to get in front of the line for one, another is wizzing through traffic at high speeds weaving between cars. Driving in residential areas doing wheelies. It only takes a few bad apples to ruin it for everyone. Both car drivers and motorcycle riders. The term is respect everyone that uses the roadways and everyone will be better off.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 06-10-2012 at 08:31 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #24
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Actually in most places it's the law to sound your horn when passing a bicycle. Just to make sure the bicyclist does know you are passing him. Many listen to iPods while riding and may not hear a car approaching.
While that is sound logic, at the same time, I question the intelligence of bike riders who listen to their iPods while riding on the street.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #25
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
While that is sound logic, at the same time, I question the intelligence of bike riders who listen to their iPods while riding on the street.
Just as I have seen car drivers with headphones, that is also illegal. But on my opinion no worse than driving with the windows up and stereo so loud you cannot hear a car horn or emergency sirene.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #26
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

This area has many bicycle riders and many hill and curves. Lots of times there may be a group of 20 or more bicycles riding together 3 and sometimes 4 wide. Cars will build up behind them and they refuse to get into single file and let the cars pass. This just infuriates the car drivers and makes it more dangerous for everyone.
Old 06-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #27
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I hope you picked up the change.

In retro-specht I wish I had, I was to much in the zone. Just wanted to finish the rest of my run.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #28
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
I'm just shocked they threw quarters. Don't those kids know you only need four of those for a cheeseburger at McD's?!

But seriously OP, you can't let those kind of people get to you. You're training for a marathon and they're driving around throwing quarters at people. Find comfort in the fact that those kids are probably going to end up at alternative high schools serving you your lunch while you're busting your ass for success.
Hahahaha I remember the days of 1$ cheeseburgers... Brings up a good point, how can a burger be 1$ and a salad be $5?

I appreciate the positivity, its just disheartening to see kids like this.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote