Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-21-2014, 11:01 AM   #1
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Got my Havoc Diffuser... not sure what to think.

Whats up guys? I got my Havoc diffuser in today and it looks a bit rough.

I emailed IVS a number of times to ask about earlier problems that I read about. He assured me everything was taken care of and quality was going to be top notch.

I'm "new" to aftermarket parts and not OEM parts, so I'm not sure if this is normal or what?

The slots for the vents are uneven and jagged. Cuts all over the diffuser are sharp, jagged and sharp.

Is this typical of these diffusers? Not sure what to do here. I love the look of the diffuser but I don't want to sacrifice a nice, clean OEM fit & finished look.

What do you think?
Attached Images

2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE - 402 of 451
"BATMOB1LE"
- Xpel Stealth Wrap - ZL1 Rockers - 18% Tint - Custom Badges - Heritage Grille - BMR 1.4" Springs - Solo Performance Axel-Back Exhaust - Recaro Sport Seats
BATMOB1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:36 AM   #2
elarson5757
Obsessed and Loving It...

Drives: 2013 1LE-SS
I guess I would answer in two ways. First yes that is typical of those diffusers and the material and process used to make them BUT...

I can tell you that once installed you will never see that stuff. I did have my painter clean mine up quite a bit before painting because Im anal as hell but getting it on the car I realized it was a waste of money except for my own piece of mind. That stuff at least on mine was either on the back of it which isn't visible installed or on the tabs and edges not visible once installed.
elarson5757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:39 AM   #3
elarson5757
Obsessed and Loving It...

Drives: 2013 1LE-SS
I will also add that the guy that bought IVS and all of it's issues has worked his butt off to fix it and he did me right. The first one I got was horrible and I worked extensively with him personally so he had the info he needed to correct the primary issues. Once he had that done he made it right with me. I'd go back to them in a heart beat.

They like everyone are busy and email takes some time. If you want PM me and I'll get you some contact info to call Geoff lazar (the owner).
elarson5757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:40 AM   #4
1fastmf

Drives: SBM G8 Gt
A bit rough? That looks like piece of sh*t.. I would never consider putting some thing of that quailty on my car
1fastmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:45 AM   #5
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Dont think mine looked like that, I would not accept that personally.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #6
LBJ

Drives: 2012 camaro 1LS. M6
Ask for a new one. .that's one not good at all
Mods..mrt v2. Cai intake v max throttle body. 20% windo tint & RX catch can Gianna 20in rims nitto 555 & afterburner tail lights RS halo head lights & gm heat extractor 4 pack gauges & panted heritage Grille & zl1rear sproler t5 splitter custom head rest
LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:18 PM   #7
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Pictures of the whole diffuser from afar?
It shouldn't show, I've heard that the havoc diffuser is NOT a direct replacement and requires trimming and lots of patience to fit it correctly. Those jagged edges will probably be trimmed off in the process anyway and are just there for extra trimming space? Always better to be too big than too small

again I don't have one so I don't know for sure
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:56 PM   #8
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

I'll try to take more pics but I put it back in the box right away. It pissed me off to look at. $550 later and that is what I get after being PROMISED top quality. Even if it's under the car and hard to see... it'll still be poor quality and that could show in a year or two.

I'm not even sure I want another one. I'm thinking I should have just gone with the ZL1 diffuser. I didn't necessarily want quad tips but I do want a nice OEM fit and finish.

I hate leaving things up in the air...

"BATMOB1LE"
- Xpel Stealth Wrap - ZL1 Rockers - 18% Tint - Custom Badges - Heritage Grille - BMR 1.4" Springs - Solo Performance Axel-Back Exhaust - Recaro Sport Seats
Old 08-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #9
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Mine came like that to, I think it's how it comes out of the mold. Like stated above it will never show once on the car but I did smooth mine out a little. I have worked with the new owner as well and he is very good to deal with. Once I got it on I was very pleased with it and it looks great!!

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:34 PM   #10
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

I hear you. But the slots for the vents are crooked and not even. Even if I had to get on my hands and knees to see it, it would show.

For $550, I'm not pleased. After my paint guy makes it look right, paints it and installs it, I'd be well over $1000.

I decided to email them and ask for a full refund. I'm really picky about my car. I just can't have something on it with this lack of quality.

Although I LOVE the look of this diffuser, it's not worth the price... in my opinion.

"BATMOB1LE"
Old 08-21-2014, 08:45 PM   #11
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by BATMOB1LE View Post
I hear you. But the slots for the vents are crooked and not even. Even if I had to get on my hands and knees to see it, it would show.

For $550, I'm not pleased. After my paint guy makes it look right, paints it and installs it, I'd be well over $1000.

I decided to email them and ask for a full refund. I'm really picky about my car. I just can't have something on it with this lack of quality.

Although I LOVE the look of this diffuser, it's not worth the price... in my opinion.
I would never accept this. Looks sketchy. I was going to buy their spoiler a year or two ago but I found a ton of threads on here about how their quality is very iffy. Looks like the same is still going on...sad because their stuff does look really nice in pictures...
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:11 PM   #12
Goran
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BATMOB1LE View Post

They should come in much better shape for the money we pay I totally agree! I had similar experience, but I loved the look so much that we had to do some work on the diffuser before painting it and installing it. Tony from Rideskinz was nice enough to help me thru the whole process.

You will have to work it out with IVS bud, I'm sure they will either give you full refund or work it out on sending you another peace.
If you have patience to see this done, you will be very happy once installed on your car.

Good luck!
Old 08-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #13
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Did you ever talk to IVS?

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:27 PM   #14
Jn2

Drives: Solstice GXP
that first pic you can see where the mold left the section that needed to be cut clearly visible. Im thinking they made the part, went in and quickly cut out the holes, not following their own mold, look to have been done by hand based on the wavy cuts on the slits

Im thinking they expect your paint/body guy to spend time cleaning that stuff up
Jn2 is offline   Reply With Quote