Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #99
Sphinx002

Drives: .
GOD has spoken and actually told us something straight out! Thank you and thank you for making 10mph increments. It's one of the things about my Legacy GT that has always bothered me.

Thanks Scott...from the heart
Sphinx002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:35 PM   #100
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
all of that and more.
Thank you! I was worried I'd have to get a stronger prescription for my contacts if you stuck with the speedo we've seen in all the prototypes!
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:38 PM   #101
Camaro_crazy

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Camaro_crazy
It seems that the V6 shocker is that it was probably incredibly fast for a V6, but this doesn't mean it would keep up with the V8. I'm sure the V6 will dominate the entry level cars, and I'm sure the V8 will dominate the high end cars. Another thing you have to think about was that they were only allowed to drive auto V8's and a V6 manual. I think I would take a V6 manual over a V8 auto any day. I just can't wait to see what the manual V8 is like. It seems right now the attention is being drawn to the V6, but I wonder what it would have been like if they drove a manual V8. I'm sure they would want to draw attention to the V6 as well, because a lot of people want a fast, good-looking car for as little money as possible. And with gas prices and insurance, I'm sure it will draw a lot of customers. For me, I'm getting the V8, but if millions buy the V6, I will be as happy as can be. Keeping the car alive and striving is a very important thing for everyone.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:42 PM   #102
Camaro_crazy

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Camaro_crazy
And I'm extremely happy to hear that the speedometer and tachs will be changed a little bit still, along with the stereo. It's a bit bulky, and the buttons are too big. I personally would love a navigation screen, just because I have one now and love it. Plus you could also say I'm about flash along with the raw beauty and performance, even if it costs a few extra bucks. I would definitely be willing to get a nav screen if it were an option.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:27 PM   #103
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
all of that and more.
HOLY CRAP!!! That is the FIRST TIME I've ever heard a straight answer out of Scott, and I LOVE IT!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 03:41 PM   #104
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I don't think the V6 is going to be THAT much more fuel-efficient than a V8 to make it a "must have" for me. I see many people who look at a smidgen more MPG as if it's pure gold, when it's not.

If the V6 gets 26MPG and the V8 gets 24MPG then the difference is around 8% difference in mileage. If fuel were $10.00 a gallon and you drove 10,000 miles a year you'd spend $3486.15 on fuel to drive the V6 and $4166.67 to drive the V8 that year. You only save $680.50 to drive the V6. And this is if gas were $10.00 a gallon. If gas stabilizes at $5.00 a gallon, you'd only save $340.25 a year. I'm not made of money, but to have V8 "bragging rights" is worth an extra $25-$30 a month. If it came down to it, I'd skip a trip to the movies (2x $10.00 a ticket and $12.00 for popcorn and soda) each month to have the V8.

Good analogy. Not to mention that the V8 engine will last longer than the V6 as well if you plan on keeping the car for along time.. However you did forget in the cost above the price of insurance being higher as well, and there may be a gas guzzler tax....
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:15 PM   #105
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Good analogy. Not to mention that the V8 engine will last longer than the V6 as well if you plan on keeping the car for along time.. However you did forget in the cost above the price of insurance being higher as well, and there may be a gas guzzler tax....
"With all due respect..." - ???

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:34 PM   #106
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
all of that and more.

Yee-freakin'-haw!

I love it when a juggernaught listens to the customers!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:38 PM   #107
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
HOLY CRAP!!! That is the FIRST TIME I've ever heard a straight answer out of Scott, and I LOVE IT!!!
I'm fairly new here but I haven't heard FBodfathere ever give a bad answer. I think that didn't quite come out the way you meant!

At least I hope so!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:05 PM   #108
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
I'm fairly new here but I haven't heard FBodfathere ever give a bad answer. I think that didn't quite come out the way you meant!

At least I hope so!
Nope, he said exactly right....fbodfather has a way of being cryptic (which is the most we can ask from him considering what we're discussing around here!), so to actually get a "this is what we are doing" kind of answer is overwhelming.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:58 PM   #109
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
Quote:

Yee-freakin'-haw!

I love it when a juggernaught listens to the customers!
I'm kinda hopin' that GM is on the threshold of realizing what a valuable resource the corporation has at its fingertips - its enthusiast clientele! What a great symbiotic relationship!
GM's challenge is to make use of this resource in an efficient manner - to me, it looks like they might already be on the right track!

Best regardSS,

Elie
Old 05-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #110
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:

At least I hope so!
The Fbod's answer was quite shocking to be honest. Do a post search on him and read alot of his posts...... you'll see. Someone might ask him "what size tires will be on the V8" and his reply would be something along the lines of "well, I can tell you for a fact they will be round".
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:46 PM   #111
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
he would make a good point
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:45 PM   #112
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
I think my only real question is do we know if there will be hide-a-way headlights????

Cant wait for some new interior pics of something other then the mule.

Oh and I would place my bet that the other color was Hugger Orange.
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote