Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-13-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
At this point will the R6P code matter

Just wondering at this point will the R6P code matter. I mean if you got a r6p code but your car is a 30k VIN against somebody that doesnt have one that has a 20k VIN is the code going to matter?

To me its not going to mean anything anyways, just a way to make early orders feel special, but at this point I would just want the damn car and care less about that code.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:30 AM   #2
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Well as far as advancing your order ahead of others, it will matter little now. This is because some dealerships went ahead and took many orders even though they knew they had not earned the allocation required to have those orders built.

Bottom line is that these dealers still need to earn allocation to be able to get an R6P car built. That is really what drives the date your car will be scheduled within the production schedule.

One other thing - GM is not legally able to let consumers know how many allocation specific dealers are rewarded. This would have been nice if we all knew which dealerships earned what because then you could have ensured your R6P order had a corresponding allocation.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #3
Redwolf20

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Well as far as advancing your order ahead of others, it will matter little now. This is because some dealerships went ahead and took many orders even though they knew they had not earned the allocation required to have those orders built.

Bottom line is that these dealers still need to earn allocation to be able to get an R6P car built. That is really what drives the date your car will be scheduled within the production schedule.

One other thing - GM is not legally able to let consumers know how many allocation specific dealers are rewarded. This would have been nice if we all knew which dealerships earned what because then you could have ensured your R6P order had a corresponding allocation.

I am trying to remember when the R6P code meant anything at all except as a GM gimmick.

With allocation, the dealer ultimately chooses what orders they want built by prioritizing and there is nothing that tells them to have R6P cars built before stock or non-R6P orders.

However, R6P does still provide price protection so there is something I guess.
Redwolf20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwolf20 View Post
I am trying to remember when the R6P code meant anything at all except as a GM gimmick.

With allocation, the dealer ultimately chooses what orders they want built by prioritizing and there is nothing that tells them to have R6P cars built before stock or non-R6P orders.

However, R6P does still provide price protection so there is something I guess.
All true. It does provide price protection and as people start to learn the code over the years, it will be know to mean the car that was custom ordered by an enthusiasts.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
chrisinlittlerock

Drives: 2010 Camaro/08 Tundra
The only thing that the R6P did for you was to give SOME members protection from price gouging. MSRP on paper.
chrisinlittlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:28 PM   #6
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
Just wondering at this point will the R6P code matter. I mean if you got a r6p code but your car is a 30k VIN against somebody that doesnt have one that has a 20k VIN is the code going to matter?

I'm thinking, the earlier VIN will have the most value

To me its not going to mean anything anyways, just a way to make early orders feel special, but at this point I would just want the damn car and care less about that code.
yes, I feel the same way, it would have been nice to have decieded in March 17th to order a camaro, and get delivered the next month, r6p WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
All true. It does provide price protection and as people start to learn the code over the years, it will be know to mean the car that was custom ordered by an enthusiasts.
A custom order by an enthusiasts, doesn't mean jack when 25,000 have already been built and yours is not one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinlittlerock View Post
The only thing that the R6P did for you was to give SOME members protection from price gouging. MSRP on paper.
Wow, if and when mine gets built, how much did I save by pre-ordering in 2008??? a couple dollars

Sorry for being negative but its the truth.
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:32 PM   #7
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
harsh but true im afraid. r6p was a code to get in pockets.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:15 PM   #8
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
R6P and preordering was BS there should of been some failsafe in place to insure once dealers filled their original allottments no more R6P orders could be placed or a failsafe that not one single car other than R6P was delivered prior to an R6P car. Since neither of these happened or were apparently possible the whole process sucks and was total BS, sorry that is all the whining i will do for the day.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #9
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
R6P is prestigious!

Is it worth anything, we won't know for about thirty years!
Old 07-13-2009, 06:39 PM   #10
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
OMG, I forgot about the Sang Yup Lee print, us R6P folks were rewarded
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:58 PM   #11
vuduman67

Drives: Victory Red 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
OMG, I forgot about the Sang Yup Lee print, us R6P folks were rewarded

yea,except I never recieved print and still havent recieved car! So basically
R6P to me means I got screwed by GM. Winter is coming and apparently Manual trans is now delayed, which means a even longer wait. Im pretty much thinking why bother.And to think I ordered back in Nov. Guess theres always next year. thanks GM!
vuduman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:26 AM   #12
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Tshirt "Got RP6?

"where's the car?" (instead of where's the beef) on the back.

Then a picture of the wendy's where's the beef lady and a Camaro next to her.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:35 AM   #13
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
I'm R6P, no VIN, and in actuality no TPW, and no Sang Yup Lee Print either! WTF?

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:52 AM   #14
Scottish_Rider
Bonnie MacWilson

Drives: 85z28 Iroc, 2ss SIM 2010Camaro
think we got screwed?

ya, we've been wondering about all this too. Sure seems like GM would want to take care of folks who put money down. And like you said the vin #s are so far past what should have been pre-orders. proves to me they are only thinking the most dollars the quickest instead on long term integrity and reputation.
the face of greed in America at its best? :flag2:

COME ON GM, WE GOT THE MONEY DOWN, GOT THE DOWN PAYMENT SAVED, GOT THE GOOD CREDIT TO BUY THE DARN THING, LETS GET THESE CARS MADE AND TO THE PEOPLE WHO PRE-ORDERED

ordererd Jan 16
2ss sim auto 20" polished wheels sunroof
TPW July 13 ? where is my car
Scottish_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote