Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Bee Bee #230 Sick :(

Well they said they already did the HVAC fix but she is making horrible noise in around the glove box area. The radio does not go loud enough to cover it up.

She going to the doctor on Monday to have that and the new spoiler nuts put on. Also having rear end fluid changed out.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
Lineman

Drives: 04 Tahoe and 2010 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Well they said they already did the HVAC fix but she is making horrible noise in around the glove box area. The radio does not go loud enough to cover it up.

She going to the doctor on Monday to have that and the new spoiler nuts put on. Also having rear end fluid changed out.
Pardon the ignorance, but why the rear end fluid?
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:51 AM   #3
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:

That's some seriously noisy rear end fluid to be making noise in the dash.

Somehting in the glove box?
Old 12-11-2009, 01:05 AM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
That's some seriously noisy rear end fluid to be making noise in the dash.

Somehting in the glove box?

Scott, sorry to hear about your SS....it'll be better soon.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:13 AM   #5
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lineman View Post
Pardon the ignorance, but why the rear end fluid?
Well allot of guys have changed theirs on the SS's and said allot of metal shavings from break in are in there. Also manual says if racing changing it every 1500. Well not racing but have went thru a set of rear tires, I want the car to last so going to change it out. At 25k miles I am going to change tranny and rear end again and keep doing it at that interval.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:36 PM   #6
Lineman

Drives: 04 Tahoe and 2010 2SS M6
Quote:
Well allot of guys have changed theirs on the SS's and said allot of metal shavings from break in are in there. Also manual says if racing changing it every 1500. Well not racing but have went thru a set of rear tires, I want the car to last so going to change it out. At 25k miles I am going to change tranny and rear end again and keep doing it at that interval.
Oh Scott – you da Man! While reading your reply several thoughts raced through my pea-size little brain. Change the rear end fluid because of metal shavings – really good idea. I dumped the engine oil at 100 miles and again at 1500 miles but didn’t think about the rear end.
Now – here’s why U really R da Man! You gave me the idea to dump the tranny fluid also. I’ve had this gurgle noise that we see on some of the threads and the dealer has done the associated service bulletin twice – with no improvement. The service manager and I had a discussion a couple of days ago and neither one of us really know what to do next. I told him that it’s seems to be changing into a mechanical sound (it’s getting worse) rather than a fluid (gurgle) sound. The sound is definitely associated with the engine pulling. If it is the tranny – maybe changing the fluid could be a big first step in getting rid of this noise. It’s a bit of a shot in the dark but worth a try … and I can see that the fluid should be changed anyway! Thank you, thank you and thank you.
Lineman is offline   Reply With Quote