Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-11-2014, 11:53 AM   #1
nreviya

Drives: 2014 2SS RS
Elbows support :(

I have a question for owners of new Camaros.
This is my 4th Camaro actually, but I have a very annoying problem.
I am petty sure people have the same issue, yet I cannot find any solution custom or otherwise.
I traded my Corvette lease for a Camaro 2SS with RS (manual shift).
And my new car has the same issue as the majority of cars out there.
Elbows.
Corvette was the most comfortable car I ever had in my life. And I had BMW M3, Infinity FX, etc...
My arms and elbows had perfectly placed support and driving in Corvette was a pure joy.
New Camaro is driving me nuts in this regard. I like everything about it except the fact that I have no place to rest my elbows!!!
This is so dumb! If I rest my elbows on center console and armrest on door I can't reach the stearing wheel!!!
Did anyone solve this issue? Please tell me there is something out there!
I am not a terribly big guy, but I am a bodybuilder (5'11'' 220lbs). So having my arms lying on my stomach or in the air is not an option. Besides, who drives that way?

Last edited by nreviya; 11-11-2014 at 12:31 PM.
nreviya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #2
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
I'm not sure if you know this or if it would help but the steering wheel is telescopic and maybe adjusting this will help. Welcome to the site.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:12 PM   #3
nreviya

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC View Post
I'm not sure if you know this or if it would help but the steering wheel is telescopic and maybe adjusting this will help. Welcome to the site.
Thanks
Yes, I tried to adjust it. Still no luck. support is just too far on sides :(
Old 11-11-2014, 12:30 PM   #4
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by nreviya View Post
Thanks
Yes, I tried to adjust it. Still no luck. support is just too far on sides :(
When you say "too far on sides", do yo mean too wide, as in you wish they were closer to your body?
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 12:33 PM   #5
nreviya

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
When you say "too far on sides", do yo mean too wide, as in you wish they were closer to your body?
Yes. I crave for some sort of armrest extension.
I understand Corvette has much tighter cockpit, but come on... comfort is comfort :(
Old 11-11-2014, 01:44 PM   #6
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Yes. I crave for some sort of armrest extension.
I understand Corvette has much tighter cockpit, but come on... comfort is comfort :(
Nreviya, your love of the Corvette is the exact reason that I do not have one, not that I do not want one. I do not fit! The car is very narrow compared to a Camaro, and worse now with the Stingray. Our Camaro fits me perfect. One man's prison is another man's another man's palace, and vice versa!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:49 PM   #7
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
I rest my left arm on top of door and drive with the left hand. Pretty comfortable for me
Old 11-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #8
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
I know your problem (for the right arm at least). If I were to just lean to the right my elbow would be in the cup holder. The arm rest needs to extend forward about 2-4 more inches.

My left is good though, I only drive with the windows down so it just sits up there.
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #9
nreviya

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Nreviya, your love of the Corvette is the exact reason that I do not have one, not that I do not want one. I do not fit! The car is very narrow compared to a Camaro, and worse now with the Stingray. Our Camaro fits me perfect. One man's prison is another man's another man's palace, and vice versa!
Oh, man I envy you
I have enormous back and at 220 lbs fit in Corvette perfectly.
M3 was tight though.
In Camaro I just can't find the right position, especially having manual transmission :(
Damn.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:21 PM   #10
nreviya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Time View Post
I know your problem (for the right arm at least). If I were to just lean to the right my elbow would be in the cup holder. The arm rest needs to extend forward about 2-4 more inches.

My left is good though, I only drive with the windows down so it just sits up there.
You probably have automatic one. That is probably easier since you don't need both hands usually. All 3 of my previous Camaros were automatic. But once I switched there is no going back :( Too much fun, and I do not fall asleep behind the wheel (which is a big plus).
Old 11-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #11
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
Quote:
You probably have automatic one. That is probably easier since you don't need both hands usually. All 3 of my previous Camaros were automatic. But once I switched there is no going back :( Too much fun, and I do not fall asleep behind the wheel (which is a big plus).
Don't ever accuse me of driving an automatic muscle car again... LOL.

NO, M6.
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #12
nreviya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Time View Post
Don't ever accuse me of driving an automatic muscle car again... LOL.

NO, M6.
Oops Sorry
Old 11-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #13
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC View Post
The driver's seat also adjusts forward. Personally, I have no problem. I guess I have long forearms (6'-3").
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #14
nreviya

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
The driver's seat also adjusts forward. Personally, I have no problem. I guess I have long forearms (6'-3").
I just realized, I probably decline my seat back too far since I cannot drive seated too upright. I basically working in the office lying down in my chair too :( But this realization does not help to solve the issue anyway...
I only have seen extension on sale that covers cupholders. This will not help at all.