Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #15
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
You better thank god you didnt get an old timer cop!
Old 06-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #16
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
"Do you know the speed limit is 55mph and you were doing 65?"

This is entrapment, and considered unlawful for them to ask. Self incrimination.
Making small talk from a generous officer is entrapment? He already has the evidence needed to issue a citation and convict in court assuming he shows.....

Only Cali would consider that question entrapment.....a response derived from entrapment is a response that was a result of force or intimidation. It also applies when a law enforcement agent induces a person to commit an offense which the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit....again, forced or induced with no alternative.

You never have to answer any question any cop ever asks you as long as you provided identification and documents.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:17 PM   #17
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motor1 View Post
Internet lawyers, it is not entrapment. I guess that we should just start picking and choosing which laws are really worth following on our own. 10 over is a starting point for many officers and not unreasonable in my opinion. The OP seems to think things turned out fine. To the other posters, I wish you luck and with the types of comments I assure you that you WILL just get the damm ticket. Traffic stops serve far more purpose, and believe it or not actually result in the apprehension of criminal violations. Not bashing just a little more open minded.
Don't even waste your time....

entrapment..give me a break. I find it incredible an OP comes on this forum, actually has something positive to say about police....and someone is still a whiny baby about it.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:53 PM   #18
HaZe_X

Drives: Trailblazer SS & Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Making small talk from a generous officer is entrapment? He already has the evidence needed to issue a citation and convict in court assuming he shows.....

Only Cali would consider that question entrapment.....a response derived from entrapment is a response that was a result of force or intimidation. It also applies when a law enforcement agent induces a person to commit an offense which the person would otherwise have been unlikely to commit....again, forced or induced with no alternative.

You never have to answer any question any cop ever asks you as long as you provided identification and documents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Don't even waste your time....

entrapment..give me a break. I find it incredible an OP comes on this forum, actually has something positive to say about police....and someone is still a whiny baby about it.
100% agreed.

A lot of you have the wrong idea on what entrapment is, back to criminal law 101.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:14 AM   #19
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Nice Michael, you got off easy.

Now go zip tie the plate to the grill, get the officer to sign it off, and then take it right back off.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:27 AM   #20
2011hereicome

Drives: 2002 GMC Sierra 1500
I certainly agree (not entrapment). Now it could be self incrimination IF the officer didn't lock in his radar or have some other proof of the speed. At least in ND if they stop you under those circumstances, I have gotten out of a few tickets myself..

I haven't arrived home to pick up my car yet, but I will also be waiting for the day for a front plate ticket. :-/
2011hereicome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:19 AM   #21
Ringo
Politically incorrect

Drives: 2SS/RS
Not all cops are jerks. Just 99% of the ones that have pulled me over. My last ticket was for 65 in a 60, at 3am with no other cars on the freeway no less. Basically, give a guy with a crappy marriage, and an inferiority complex a gun and shiny tin badge and this is what you get. Front plate? I'll take the ticket instead Barney Fife.

Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:25 AM   #22
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
Over here in Moscow you can do whatever you want. If you get caught, you just have to pay the officer and you are on your way - no courts, no tickets, no points, just a few rubles from the wallet. It's the Russian way!
Old 06-19-2010, 03:25 AM   #23
phily

Drives: 2010 camaro ss/rs
Get the plate that hides under the bumper and you slide it out when you need it to. Best investment ever.

Mods: Magnaflow axleback competition series exhaust | RotoFab CAI | Revolution Hood | Matte Black hash marks | Matte black cordon cr-1 rims. | Blacked out tail lights & bezels | Aac purple light package
phily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 03:26 AM   #24
phily

Drives: 2010 camaro ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInMoscow View Post
Over here in Moscow you can do whatever you want. If you get caught, you just have to pay the officer and you are on your way - no courts, no tickets, no points, just a few rubles from the wallet. It's the Russian way!
In Russia camaro drive you !

Mods: Magnaflow axleback competition series exhaust | RotoFab CAI | Revolution Hood | Matte Black hash marks | Matte black cordon cr-1 rims. | Blacked out tail lights & bezels | Aac purple light package
phily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:39 AM   #25
motor1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/M6.....no longer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
Not all cops are jerks. Just 99% of the ones that have pulled me over. My last ticket was for 65 in a 60, at 3am with no other cars on the freeway no less. Basically, give a guy with a crappy marriage, and an inferiority complex a gun and shiny tin badge and this is what you get. Front plate? I'll take the ticket instead Barney Fife.
I agree 5 over and in addition the combination of the circumstances was what I deem, unreasonable. It is a shame but your statements are correct. In addition you are taking responsibility for not having the plate on, which is quite different from what a lot of others seem to do. I absoutely hate having a front plate on but I just dont need the headache and if stopped I would understand that I was wrong and would just pay the fine if ticketed. The old saying is, "you gotta pay to play", and playing outside what legislatures have decided is just part of it all. As I have read on here before, if you guys think the law is so egregious then start the process to have it repealed in your state. I am just one of those guys who tries to bring a solution to a problem, and not just bitch about it over and over. What I understand is that if I buy a car that hardly anyone else sees and obviously enjoy that as being part of the fun, then consequently the cops are gonna see it and take an extra long look as well. If in that long look they see a violation then it is quite possible that they are gonna stop me. What ever happened to personal responsibility folks?
motor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:33 AM   #26
Lbness

Drives: 2010 ss M6 Aqua Blue
Send a message via AIM to Lbness
Motor1 !

I did the Motorized plate ... I also got pulled over in Stafford Texas no front tag, I had the receipt for the plate holder order with me and he let me go.

10 over and no response might draw attention .. and no front tag .. I know many Leo's that would take the time to check the s and w's on that car.
Make your girls happy too
http://www.lisafreede.com/http://www...s/thumbsup.gif
Lbness is offline   Reply With Quote