Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 05-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #141
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
1st show of the year is Sunday. Guess I'm taking the ugly chick, lol.
Attached Images

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #142
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Standing by!
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #143
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Exclamation

**UPDATE**

Alright boys and girls, gather around and I can share some results/feedback from the testing that was conducted over the weekend.

What were we testing?
Essentially we were testing and measuring airflow between the stock system, a leading competitor, and our own design. We were definitely pleased with the results. Airflow is obviously important as it equates to HP, which is why the majority of you are interested in our CAI.

The stock system flowed: 734.4 CFM
Cold Air Inductions Inc. CAI flowed: 1020.2 CFM

As for the competitor, I will not list their exact flow # but I can tell you that we definitely outflowed them, and there # was somewhere between stock and ours. (Please don't start asking why I will not list their #, there are reasons for it and it will not be listed, given the validity of the fact that we performed the test their # is non important, the important thing is that we out flowed them.)

Needless to say we were very happy with those results. We were even more happy with the fact that our CAI had an air mass that was within .3 vs. frequency when compared to the stock set-up! This will allow us to make more power, have a much higher flow rate, and you do not have to worry about a CEL!

What this means is that the actual design of the CAI is complete and finalized when it comes to flow, which is where the time was spent.

So where are things now?
Right now we are playing a little bit of a waiting game, much like you are. We are having custom molds made for the coupler/elbow, as well as the filter, and we are trying to expedite them so we can get them produced as soon as possible. We hope for 2-3 weeks by the time they are completed, running production and we have actual finished parts in our hand ready to run with. Once we have those finished parts in our hand we can do some dyno testing, we do not want to Dyno until we have complete parts that are identical to what we will be selling.

While we are waiting on those items to be completed, we are finalizing some of the things in house to get ready, as well as making some slight changes to the airbox fitment (it has changed a little), and some other minor things. We are also making some small changes with a part that I will showcase to you once the system is released, that will increase the airflow even more!

Looking forward
As soon as we get completed parts on hand and Dyno it we will post the results. At that time we will also post pictures, more details on the system, pricing, expected lead times, etc.

So stay tuned we are getting close! Thank you all for your patience and commitment to this product, we are doing our very best to ensure it is something you are 100% satisfied with!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #144
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #145
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Sweet, thanks for the update. This will be worth the wait. Hopefully we can order about this time next month!

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #146
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
I'm sure one of the big questions will be, will the Hot chick need a tune?

Some of us ended up choosing the fat chick in part because it didn't require a tune yet resulted in a pretty decent increase in performance.

If you can exceed the typical performance increase of the fat chick without needing a tune to do so, I'll just give the fat chick money for a taxi and kick her to the curb.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #147
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post

Some of us ended up choosing the fat chick in part because it didn't require a tune yet resulted in a pretty decent increase in performance.

If you can exceed the typical performance increase of the fat chick without needing a tune to do so, I'll just give the fat chick money for a taxi and kick her to the curb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post

Needless to say we were very happy with those results. We were even more happy with the fact that our CAI had an air mass that was within .3 vs. frequency when compared to the stock set-up! This will allow us to make more power, have a much higher flow rate, and you do not have to worry about a CEL!

If I'm reading this correct, there shouldn't be a tune requried if this is a direct bolt on.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #148
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:

Having to get a tune should not be an issue, that's what I was referring to when I said:

"We were even more happy with the fact that our CAI had an air mass that was within .3 vs. frequency when compared to the stock set-up! This will allow us to make more power, have a much higher flow rate, and you do not have to worry about a CEL!"

Originally Posted by armysig
If I'm reading this correct, there shouldn't be a tune requried if this is a direct bolt on.

Exactly!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #149
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
Will a tune be 'required' probably not, but what I was trying to get at is will CAI's without a tune, exceed the fat chicks no tune performance ?

I'm sure that with either product, you could probably get better performance if you had a tune to optimize things to take true advantage of the intakes capabilities.

how will the CAI intake stack up against the fat chick with her 7-11 drink, both systems with no tune?

I'm starting to save my penny's and dimes for that cab fare.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #150
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Will a tune be 'required' probably not, but what I was trying to get at is will CAI's without a tune, exceed the fat chicks no tune performance ?

I'm sure that with either product, you could probably get better performance if you had a tune to optimize things to take true advantage of the intakes capabilities.

how will the CAI intake stack up against the fat chick with her 7-11 drink, both systems with no tune?

I'm starting to save my penny's and dimes for that cab fare.
Cab fare for the fat chick, hilarious.

I don't want to say much before we Dyno it, but all current data points to the fact that we should make more power, regardless of tuning.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #151
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Quote:

LOL nice! I see what your saying, but by the data provided by CAI, they have indeed increased the amount of air flow to the engine by a good amount.

Now the question is, how close to the limit has CAI come BEFORE a tune would be required.

I'm sure a lot of us are thinking in the lines of what Ted Jannetty is doing with the No Tune package he sells. Now if that's the case, WATCH OUT!!! I'll be one of the first inline to snag that package with this intake.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #152
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
ANXIOUSLY awaiting the arrival of CAI's new baby!!!

Only thing holding me back from a ZL1 purchase now.
Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #153
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySportRand View Post
ANXIOUSLY awaiting the arrival of CAI's new baby!!!

Only thing holding me back from a ZL1 purchase now.
This CAI is worth buying a ZL1 over, just to say you have the CAI.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #154
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Standing by with a smile and a credit card.......please make it visually stimulating as well,,,,,,I can't get fat chicks out of my head,,,,
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote