Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #15
rsv07

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS View Post
except that voids your warranty if I remember correctly..
None of the mods above void your warranty. The PTB is just an OEM TB that's been placed on a CNC machine to make it more efficient. A Catch Can shouldn't void your warranty either.

You really can't mess up the install of the Catch Can either. Cutting the tube is literally just two snips and then placing the hoses over the tube ends.
rsv07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #16
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsv07 View Post
None of the mods above void your warranty. The PTB is just an OEM TB that's been placed on a CNC machine to make it more efficient. A Catch Can shouldn't void your warranty either.

You really can't mess up the install of the Catch Can either. Cutting the tube is literally just two snips and then placing the hoses over the tube ends.
For the PTB, is there performance gains? HP gains? How much does that normally cost?
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #17
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsv07 View Post

What catch can do you recommend? I think I should get that as my car has less than 1000 miles on it, and I'm sure the earlier you put it on, the more oil it will catch over the life..
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #18
2fullgarage
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 SS Vert
Quote:
What catch can do you recommend? I think I should get that as my car has less than 1000 miles on it, and I'm sure the earlier you put it on, the more oil it will catch over the life..
I put the Elite one on at 1200 miles..dropped the lock washer 100 freakin times but quick and easy and you feel a lot better knowing its on

2fullgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #19
rsv07

Quote:
For the PTB, is there performance gains? HP gains? How much does that normally cost?
There are some performance gains. There's a thread on it somewhere here. The main purpose is to get rid of the dead spot at low rpms. I got mine for around $150.

Quote:
RX and Elite Engineering seem to be the most popular Cans here. From what I understand both are great products. I think it really comes down to looks and how you want to drain them. RX uses a drain tube and Elite allows you to unscrew the bottom. I, myself, use the RX dual check valve can. But that's cause I'm going FI.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #20
BigV

Drives: 2013 1LT AGM
Thanks for all the great suggestions. I'll have to head to the CA forum and look for some reputable shops near Huntington Beach. I completely agree on the Catch Can, TB, and CAI. They will be my first mods; with exhaust after. Once those are done, I'll move on to the outside and start messing with new wheels (once my stock tires are done), side markers and maybe a hood wrap.

I love the contrast with a black wrapped hood and black wrapped spoiler. My only hang-up on doing a wrapped hood is that the NS-1 stripes look so badass I'll really have to think about that. Either way, Matte black and AGM is a great combination.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #21
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
Mine's my DD, and I plan to do:

*CAI
*Axel back exhaust
*Ported TB
*Catch can/breather (done already)

Plus a bunch of cosmetic stuff...
Really good plan for the V6 crowd. Seems to be the way to go as well.

Let us know if you need any help, direction, or assistance in finding your needs!

There are literally hundreds of combinations you can have with the LFX cars!

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #22
rsv07

Quote:
Thanks for all the great suggestions. I'll have to head to the CA forum and look for some reputable shops near Huntington Beach. I completely agree on the Catch Can, TB, and CAI. They will be my first mods; with exhaust after. Once those are done, I'll move on to the outside and start messing with new wheels (once my stock tires are done), side markers and maybe a hood wrap.
You really don't need a shop to do those first few upgrades. If you can work a screwdriver and ratchet than you can install all of those yourself.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #23
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
My list:

RX Catch Can/breather cap
CAI intake
plasma led DRL lights and dome light
painted engine cover and fuse cover
Heritage grille
custom fender flag emblems
ported throttle body
gill inserts
trunk panel blackout
painted RS badges black w/IOM
blacked out taillight bezels
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #24
BigV

Drives: 2013 1LT AGM
Even better. I figured I could do everything but the exhaust but knowing that a good, respected shop, with mountains of more experience than myself has worked on it has to count for something. Even if the installs are relatively simple. I'll still probably do them myself though. Adding experience is never a bad thing.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #25
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Also, does this void your warranty? I get free oil changes at the dealership I bought my car from, so on my first oil change they will see the can, and hoping that owoukdn't void my warranty or oil changes..

Hello 2013BlackLS,

Modifications or tunes do not automatically void a warranty but in many cases if there is an issue or damage and it is found to be a result of a modification or tune, then your warranty will be void. Let me know if you have any other questions, here to help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #26
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
The mods listed in my signature below are the basic starting points for any V6...
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:53 AM   #27
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
The mods listed in my signature below are the basic starting points for any V6...
I happen to believe that mine are.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote