Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
Russ2485

Drives: 10' White w/black stripes Camaro RS
Lowering Springs

I'm kind of new to the whole aftermarket suspension parts so I don't know that much about anything. I understand I can get new springs to lower my car; I was looking at the set from BMR for 1.2 inch lowering. Does anyone know if this is a good set? http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...productid=1050. Also thinking about getting a front lip spoiler you guys think that I'll have problems bottoming out with these?

Any help is much appreciated thank you guys
CAMARO5
Old 10-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Can't speak for the BMR springs but I have the Pfadt 1.25 lowering springs and love 'em. The car sits how it should have been from the factory in the first place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ2485 View Post
I'm kind of new to the whole aftermarket suspension parts so I don't know that much about anything. I understand I can get new springs to lower my car; I was looking at the set from BMR for 1.2 inch lowering. Does anyone know if this is a good set? http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...productid=1050. Also thinking about getting a front lip spoiler you guys think that I'll have problems bottoming out with these?

CAMARO5
Those are great springs for the V6. Those and the Pfadt springs would be my first choices.

Clearance will be decreased, but you just have to be a little more patient over inclines and take them at angles. We have some of the deepest dips and driveway approaches in the country here in SLC due to our yearly runoff and there are plenty of low cars that make it around without issues.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #4
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
Pfadt is our #1 choice for suspension upgrades, having said that BMR is a great company as well and we offer both products here. We have free shipping going on both and if you want we would to go over the difference between the two brands so you pick what works best for you!
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
Camarodriver2

Drives: FOR SALE! Bumblebee 1 of 1
Here's some pix of my 2SS with BMR 1" rear and 1.4" front. Before and after. You'll have no problems bottoming out unless you get air on launch day. Make sure you use a very low profile jack, follow the instructions, make the front strut location before removing.
Attached Images

Camarodriver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:09 PM   #6
98GTcoupe

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Veeerrrryyy niiiiiicccce^^^^^
2006 GTO, R.I.P.
1981 Z28(sold)
98GTcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:02 AM   #7
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
I have Eibach and I scrape occasionally on a couple of driveways. I couldn't imagine having a lip too. All of my damage is to the bottom of the bumper well out of sight, but I'd be scared of it coming off.

Go for the lowering, but be careful. Hitting driveways at an angle become the new norm
Old 10-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #8
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ2485 View Post

CAMARO5
I think you will be very happy with the BMR V6 lowering springs (SP052). These lowering springs offer a nice aggressive lowered stance without sacrificing too much ground clearance. Another bonus to these springs is that you will not have any issue getting alignment specs with the factory hardware. You won't have to worry about bottoming out at all but you will have to be a little more cautious with parking stops and curbs.

If there is any other questions we can help you out with just let us know.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #9
Russ2485

Drives: 10' White w/black stripes Camaro RS
thank you guys very much