Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #99
eightup

Drives: 2013 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
inb4Brandonfromcustomerservice
eightup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #100
RiCorvette

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 3LT
3rd,4th,5th and 6th occurrences; intermittent loss and restoration while driving. 1290 on the Odo.

This plug down by the Alternatior; culprit or not?
I can't reach it from above, will removal of the belly pan make it easier to reach?

Has anyone had the EPS unit replaced under warranty yet?
RiCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:15 PM   #101
RiCorvette

Complete failure - going in for service tomorrow.
Anybody ever figure out where the effen fuse is? (CTOF)
It's either disguised in the Engine bay fuse box or
'conveniently' placed in the trunk.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:32 AM   #102
ZL1Dave

Drives: 2012 ZL-1 #1442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricamaro View Post
Complete failure - going in for service tomorrow.
Anybody ever figure out where the effen fuse is? (CTOF)
It's either disguised in the Engine bay fuse box or
'conveniently' placed in the trunk.
Good luck please let us know what gets done to your car. The fuse for the EPS is apparently embedded inside the power cable for the unit and is not serviceable. They are to check voltage on both ends of the cable to verify the fuse is ok as part of chasing the ESP issues down.
ZL1Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #103
RiCorvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Dave View Post
Good luck please let us know what gets done to your car. The fuse for the EPS is apparently embedded inside the power cable for the unit and is not serviceable. They are to check voltage on both ends of the cable to verify the fuse is ok as part of chasing the ESP issues down.

So, a fusible link in the cable...?
Fortunately, I have only a few turns to make - mostly a straight run -
on the road to the dealer. Slow speed turning this beast with out PSA requires a lot of muscle.

My service guy tells me there is a recall to reprogram the radio for the voice recognition software, BTW
Old 04-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #104
ZL1Dave

Drives: 2012 ZL-1 #1442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricamaro View Post
So, a fusible link in the cable...?
Fortunately, I have only a few turns to make - mostly a straight run -
on the road to the dealer. Slow speed turning this beast with out PSA requires a lot of muscle.

My service guy tells me there is a recall to reprogram the radio for the voice recognition software, BTW
Yeah basically if there is a problem with the fuse it sounds like the whole cable gets replaced. Is you car modified at all or completely stock?
ZL1Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #105
mattammo

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible
So I have a 2013 ZL1 Vert Black 6M Black #4428 delivered to me on 1-29-13. On about March 20th it starts throwing the service PS warning along with intermittent stabilitrack and park assist warnings. Each time they would clear once it was brought up to temp and the car was left to sit for at least 10 minutes.

On 3-25, it threw the warnings, left the key on when I got to service shop, so it would not clear the codes. They pulled the codes (11 of them) and looked into it. They found a connector (X104) that showed moisture intrusion. Cleaned and put di-electric grease and resealed. Checked harness for any other wear, drove the car, and I picked it up the next day.

Two days later, same story. Each morning warnings come on, car gets hot, ECM clears the warnings after 10 to 15 minutes of being shut down. After four days, I take it back to the dealer.... but I turn it off when I get there. DUMMY!

No codes shown/No codes stored.... nothing. They keep the car for two days. Drive it in the rain, wet it down under the hood ..... nothing.

Pick the car up, head home, no problems. Get in it on Saturday morning to go the store. Codes come on again, drive it to the store, come out, and the codes are clear.

Being the weekend and with a family issue going on I decided to wait until this morning to call service. I go get in the car this morning..... Wait for it.......

THE FREAKING THING WON'T EVEN TURN OVER.

Nothing, Nada, Zippo.

Grab the battery charger to see if the battery is down... NOPE.

Check all of the connections in the trunk and at the post up front... ALL GOOD

It is showing all three warnings: Steering, Park, and Stabilitrak sequentially at each attempt to start it.

Called 1-800-CHEVUSA and they are coming to get it. I hate to say it, because I love this car, but I may be seeing some "lemon" in my future if they can't get it figured out.

Mattammo
mattammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #106
RiCorvette

Update from my Service Writer:

"There is no communication with the power steering module from the sensor. The sensor is part of the electronic power steering gear assembly. The part is on restriction as most parts for this new of a specialty vehicle is. Gm has authorized us to replace the part and is shipping us a new one. "

Technology is great! - when it works
Old 04-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #107
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
nowadays there's too much electronic gizmos,cars have 5 computers, or more.. and all are very sensible to temperature.. technology isn't so good when it's not working.. i really hope fo 2016 when gen6 goes out it will be a much simpler car will less computer back to basics.scrap all that electric steering is a pure fail from gm. just put back the hydraulic system that WORKS.

it really hurt to read all your complaints. i hate reading that,your are stuck with stupid check /warning lights in dash and you can't drive the damn thing ,that you paid so much for it.

if in a better world we had to choose computer car or not the choice would be simple.
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #108
mattammo

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible
So here is my update.

Tow truck driver, who told me was a pro about ten times, broke the suspension ride height sensors when he was pulling it onto the roll back. He almost dropped it on the splitter at the dealer, the service techs came running out and stopped him.

Car started when it got to the dealer! Right now the service manager is going to drive it for a few days to see if he can replicate the issue, once they fix the ride height sensors.

Getting very leery of the outcome on this one.
mattammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #109
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Have a little faith and don't be too negative in your thoughts regarding the whole issue. The tow truck driver has nothing to do with the dealer, and yes I would have been pissed also. You have to warn them about the sensors as they don't own the car or know much about them. We all know it will get sorted out eventually.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #110
RiCorvette

Update:

"The part just got here. Overnight priority arrived just a few minutes ago. We will get it installed today. I will contact you this afternoon."

Fortunately. I was close enough to drive because I didn't want to mess with towing it.
(glad I didn't after reading post # 108)
Old 04-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #111
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Almost sounds like a loose ground wire.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #112
RiCorvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Almost sounds like a loose ground wire.