Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-19-2008, 09:57 AM   #15
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
The more hp the easier it is. With a manual you can do a nice burnout without the break by holding the clutch and giving it some gas (about a 1000 rpm less than redline) with the clutch ALL THE WAY in . The thing to remember here is you HAVE to jump off the clutch pedal (Pop the clutch) and don't ride it out. (Otherwise rotten eggs and DIW). As soon as the clutch is all the way out, FLOOR the gas pedal. I would try to learn this way first. Then learn to power break to stay in place while you roast 'em. Too much break in a burn out can be disasterous without line locks. Once you learn how it never gets old... Never... Not even after 2... No... 3 tickets... There was a period of time when my insurance payment was considerably higher than my car payment...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #16
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
Before I got my Jeep, I had a 1985 Jaguar XJ6 that I couldn't help but peel out in. I just punched the gas and the thing would spin and then leave stripes on the asphalt. The thing was also built like a tank. I hit a tree once with it and killed the tree - didn't even dent the front bumper.
balonywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #17
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
The more hp the easier it is. With a manual you can do a nice burnout without the break by holding the clutch and giving it some gas (about a 1000 rpm less than redline) with the clutch ALL THE WAY in . The thing to remember here is you HAVE to jump off the clutch pedal (Pop the clutch) and don't ride it out. (Otherwise rotten eggs and DIW). As soon as the clutch is all the way out, FLOOR the gas pedal. I would try to learn this way first. Then learn to power break to stay in place while you roast 'em. Too much break in a burn out can be disasterous without line locks. Once you learn how it never gets old... Never... Not even after 2... No... 3 tickets... There was a period of time when my insurance payment was considerably higher than my car payment...

I think I've managed some wheel spin with the Saab with that method a few times. Will definetly try that method on the Camaro. It's not like I'll be doing it a lot of the time, but it would be nice to know how for like cruising nights and such.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:34 PM   #18
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I also had that question. I get it now but the only thing is without line locks, how do u not warp your rear rotors but still keep the car in the same place?

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:09 PM   #19
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoya View Post
I also had that question. I get it now but the only thing is without line locks, how do u not warp your rear rotors but still keep the car in the same place?
Nobody said having fun was cheap.

z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:56 PM   #20
t.dawgs

Drives: gsxr 600
Send a message via Yahoo to t.dawgs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
"a little abrasive on the tranny"?!?!

Wow...you gotta let us know how much longer he has that car for...that's transmission suicide!
We are still rollin in the mazda beater truck. I got to say those little japanese trucks can take some beating. A couple of my friends have raised toyotas to go 4 wheeling in the woods with. They actuaaly keep up with the jeeps and K-5 Blazers.
t.dawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:20 PM   #21
09'Z28
The "Mad Hamster"

Drives: '71 Camaro, '90 mx5, '71 2002
one of the laziest ways to smoke the tires (not really a burnout) is get some sort padding for the front end and just accelerate until the wheels break loose that way you can go as long as you wants and not go anywhere
like i said it wasn't really a burnout and it kinda cheating but if you can't manage a burnout in your car but wanna make smoke heres your solution if your lazy or burnout impaired
Old 01-30-2008, 12:10 PM   #22
Sick

Drives: Audi TT
Self taught so I might be wrong and I might be absolutely raping my car, but this is how I go about it.

The car - either completely stopped or crawling - I put the clutch in and rev to about 3-4k rpm - pop the clutch and stomp the throttle.

I first did this unintentionally when learning to drive stick, but I pretty much practice it every time someone cuts me off or needs to be reminded the road is for sharing.

Plus the screeches sound so much cooler than the little beep for a horn my TT has.
Sick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:56 PM   #23
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
I'm self-taught as well Sick and that's how I do it too. It won't be a terribly long burn out, but it also won't demolish your tires completely either.

Similarly, just how bad for your tires are burnouts?
Old 01-30-2008, 05:25 PM   #24
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
A "pop the clutch" burn out with no power braking isn't too bad. But power breaking and long burnout. They won't last long at all.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote