Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-22-2012, 07:07 AM   #1
jsd

Drives: 2012 ZL 1 #370
ipod and iphone problem

hi

since i have the zl1(2012) i have just problems with the connect to my ipod classic or iphone. when i connect with the usb wire, he works. when i beginn to change, something in the menu, (search an other artist or song) the ipod and my iphone loose the connect. after this i cant reconnect. i must disconnect, shut the ipod or iphone of, and wait til he restart. then he works a while, and the same problem comes again.

somebody an solution for me.

in my ss/rs i never had this problem before. it sucks a little bit
jsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:11 AM   #2
s/c ss

Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Hmmmm, maybe I better check mine. Haven't had the time to play with that option yet.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:08 AM   #3
Rubble2240

Drives: 13 BRM ZL1
I have a 13 and mine loses the connection to the Bluetooth on my Android everytime. I know it's not the phone as it works fine with my daily driver. Any ideas.......
Rubble2240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
Canopieman

Drives: 2012 Z71 2012 ZL1 1997 Harley
Same problem with my I Pod and I Phone
Canopieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsd View Post
hi

since i have the zl1(2012) i have just problems with the connect to my ipod classic or iphone. when i connect with the usb wire, he works. when i beginn to change, something in the menu, (search an other artist or song) the ipod and my iphone loose the connect. after this i cant reconnect. i must disconnect, shut the ipod or iphone of, and wait til he restart. then he works a while, and the same problem comes again.

somebody an solution for me.

in my ss/rs i never had this problem before. it sucks a little bit
We apologize for the frustrations you may be experiencing. If you would like, I can set up a case with GM customer service and get you to the correct department that handles these types of inquiries. I just need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership name. I look forward to reply in a PM.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 11-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #6
s/c ss

Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
SUBSCRIBED and going to check mine as we speak.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #7
kidreno_21

Drives: Zr2 Blazer, 2013 ZL1 Black on black
I'm also experiencing this issue. My red OnStar light even lit up and spooked me. I called OnStar and the guy told me the issue was with the personal device, that I needed to take it to the dealership for service.

Please assist with this issue.
kidreno_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #8
sporto20

Drives: 1. 2010 2SS (sold) 2. 2013 ZL1 M6
I have (with the ZL1)and had (with my 2ss) this same issue. It is clearly a vehicle problem. It seems a recall may even be in order...?
sporto20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #9
Nemisis

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray Metallic-M6
I have a 13' zl1 and yes I wondered if other people have or had this issue with the blue tooth losing the connection and having trouble connecting again, kinda frustrating.
Nemisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:14 PM   #10
billjw

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
I have this issue (Bluetooth dropping phone) in my 2013 ZL1. My brother suggests that i drop it re-add it and do not sync phone numbers as that could cause these problems. i do not drive it a lot so i have not tried that yet.
billjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #11
ZL1speed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Victory Red
I have a 2013 ZL1 and have issues with connecting with iPhone sometimes. Also the dropping of Bluetooth enabling when you touch menu on mylink. There must be a update coming to the mylink system. To many bugs
ZL1speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #12
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
Ok I just brought my ZL1 home and my iPhone 4S when connected after the car is started, connects just fine.

I have paired the phone using Bluetooth with the car and completed calls, so far so good.

But my car was just built on 11/1/2012 so I may have all the latest Mylink software updates. When I get home I will see what the latest software update the car has and post so you all can check against yours.

Also make sure your iPods and iPhones have the latest software updates.

If your car needs a software update the dealership will perform it for free.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #13
DarinU

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I have the same problem with bluetooth disconnecting from time to time. I checked with the dealer about the date on the MyLink being always one day ahead and they said that GM has been working on a software update since 9-11-12. Hopefully the update will cover all the issues we are having.
DarinU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #14
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporto20 View Post
I have (with the ZL1)and had (with my 2ss) this same issue. It is clearly a vehicle problem. It seems a recall may even be in order...?
Good luck with that.. Recalls are for safety issues, a recall will never be issued for an ipod problem, a TSB might be, but not a recall.

I had ongoing problems with my ipod connected to my USB in my 2010 Avalanche for the near 3 years I owned it.. I had the GPS radio, VCIM, and several other parts replaced 4 times and the problem was apparent in all of them, and I was eventually told it was my device. Even though 8 different devices experienced the same problem in the vehicle, and dozens of people on Avalanche forums reported the same issues.

you have AM, FM, XM, and a 2.5mm headphone jack connection, good luck getting GM to do anything about the USB or Bluetooth issues.