Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-16-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
Hollywood2010

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
bonehead move by me and awesome service manager

Ok so I went to have the oil changed in my car. I usually (well the first two) change the oil myself but a friend of mine works at an oil change place so he said bring him the filter and mobile one and he would change it. Once we got it on the lift there was oil near the rear main seal. See pic

So freaking out, I get it into dealership, as the car only has 10,000 miles on it. A 2010 2 SS. Of course the car was delivered in 09 so the B2B warranty is out but powertrain still good. Also a little worried about warranty as I have a RX catch can, and a roto-fab CAI. I've never dealt with service before so I was afraid of getting a dbag who would void warranty over such simple mods.

So he calls me and tells me he thinks the oil was coming from the catch can as the valve was slightly open and there was fresh oil in drain tube. I had just drained it and must not have gotten it tight.

He tells me, just incase he is going to clean all the oil off the bottom and then dye the oil and check it again in a few days.

So we start talking and he tells me that he owns a 2 SS as well. He also visits C5 (no idea his name). I expressed my worries about the mods and warrant and he says not to worry over those.

I also told him I was getting a drone at about 1800 rpms from about 60 to 70 mph. He takes it for a ride and says its def the exhaust. He asks if I made any mods to it. Nope it is bone factory. He then says its louder than his 11 and he actually likes the sound of mine better.

Also says it might be related to the CAI or AFM. Which we both agree sucks. I then tell him that I need to get a new MAF as I have the "weak" one. He was not aware of the difference so I explain it to him and even print out pictures and a couple of posts from here which I later give to him. He then tells me he can replace the MAF if I think it is causing the drone as a good will gesture. Uh, duh.....of course it must be causing the drone then...lol.

On my way to pick my baby up and see the difference in MAF's.

Anyways, sorry about the long post but as much as people bash bad customer service, I wanted to pat my guy on the back for representing Chevy and GM well.
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Maybe the block is under positive pressure. blowing out throught the seal
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood2010 View Post
Ok so I went to have the oil changed in my car. I usually (well the first two) change the oil myself but a friend of mine works at an oil change place so he said bring him the filter and mobile one and he would change it. Once we got it on the lift there was oil near the rear main seal. See pic

So freaking out, I get it into dealership, as the car only has 10,000 miles on it. A 2010 2 SS. Of course the car was delivered in 09 so the B2B warranty is out but powertrain still good. Also a little worried about warranty as I have a RX catch can, and a roto-fab CAI. I've never dealt with service before so I was afraid of getting a dbag who would void warranty over such simple mods.

So he calls me and tells me he thinks the oil was coming from the catch can as the valve was slightly open and there was fresh oil in drain tube. I had just drained it and must not have gotten it tight.

He tells me, just incase he is going to clean all the oil off the bottom and then dye the oil and check it again in a few days.

So we start talking and he tells me that he owns a 2 SS as well. He also visits C5 (no idea his name). I expressed my worries about the mods and warrant and he says not to worry over those.

I also told him I was getting a drone at about 1800 rpms from about 60 to 70 mph. He takes it for a ride and says its def the exhaust. He asks if I made any mods to it. Nope it is bone factory. He then says its louder than his 11 and he actually likes the sound of mine better.

Also says it might be related to the CAI or AFM. Which we both agree sucks. I then tell him that I need to get a new MAF as I have the "weak" one. He was not aware of the difference so I explain it to him and even print out pictures and a couple of posts from here which I later give to him. He then tells me he can replace the MAF if I think it is causing the drone as a good will gesture. Uh, duh.....of course it must be causing the drone then...lol.

On my way to pick my baby up and see the difference in MAF's.

Anyways, sorry about the long post but as much as people bash bad customer service, I wanted to pat my guy on the back for representing Chevy and GM well.
Greetings Hollywood2010,

Sincere apologies about the vehicle concerns as I'm sure much displeasure was created by that situation. At the dealership, it's awesome how helpful and polite the service manager was. I'm sure that went a long way for you and I hope the concerns get resolved soon. Keep us posted.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
Rick3452

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Orange, 6 speed leather
which dealership?