Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #1
DC-SS

Drives: Imperial Blue 2010 Camaro 2SS
I guess I am old school... Where can I get bullit style wheels for my SS?

I like the old style Cragar wheels and deep dish bullit style wheels but I haven't had any luck finding them "yet"... Anyone already found them and can point me in the right direction?
DC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
I'm with you on this, dude (see my sig).

It seems the only wheels available for this car are more fit for some decked out luxury car or something, huh?

Cragar SS'? Won't work. AR Torq-Thrusts? Outta' the question. Any Boyd Coddington wheels that resemble them? Don't fit. Foose Nitrous? Out of the question.

There's no dice on any of those wheels, and while I am sure that at some point down the road at least one of them might manufacture them in a size corresponding to the new Camaro, for now the only available wheels that are advertised to fit the 2010 are from Coys: http://www.coyswheel.com/coys-c5-newage.html

The problem is, according to Stefano of Nickey Chicago (they also plan to release Torq-Thrust style rims in the future), even though they are advertised, Coys doesn't have any in stock. Luckily, I recently e-mailed a rep from Coys and he says they do about 10 Camaros a day on average and have many sets in stock so maybe they recently got them in.

Give Coys a call, because their wheels actually look better than Torq-Thrusts if you ask me, especially in the gray color. Good luck on your search, and if you find something, NOTE ME PLEASE! I am on the search for some old-iron wheels too.

Edit. Here's more pictures of that particular Camaro wearing the Coys wheels: http://picasaweb.google.com/jc78c09/...fsetWheelPics#
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #3
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Old 11-01-2009, 07:19 PM   #4
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Beautiful, aren't they? They're also 6K a set. Those are ultra-premium three-piece wheels, I didn't even count those. Nickey Chicago plans to a sell a one piece that looks a lot like them, though.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #5
DC-SS

Drives: Imperial Blue 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Are those Coy wheels also?
DC-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #6
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-SS View Post
Are those Coy wheels also?
No. Those are Nickey Chicago's 3 piece wheels. You can search anywhere on the forum and find better pictures of them. They're super nice wheels but they're too pricey for me.

If you give Coys a call, note me on how it turns out since they are probably who I am going to turn to.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #7
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
Beautiful, aren't they? They're also 6K a set. Those are ultra-premium three-piece wheels, I didn't even count those. Nickey Chicago plans to a sell a one piece that looks a lot like them, though.
They are pretty bad ass. Makes the car look a whole lot better.
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:23 PM   #8
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-SS View Post
I like the old style Cragar wheels and deep dish bullit style wheels but I haven't had any luck finding them "yet"... Anyone already found them and can point me in the right direction?
I'm with you on this. A nice set of Cragars would be sweet. I would take them
in Midnight Silver.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote