Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 07-27-2009, 01:45 AM   #281
FRKNlo

Drives: VStar 1100 Classic, 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarobaron View Post
Was it this one? If it is then HAHA!! must of been a false Sold sign
FRKNlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:03 AM   #282
Wolverine

Drives: RX-8
Holy s#%$! I will never buy from these people! Problem is, somebody with too much money will buy it.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:39 AM   #283
taz
Taz

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-LS3 View Post
ordered mine on 10-11-08 and still waiting for mine.. i did find out it is still in QC as of a couple of days ago and due out in aug sometime....

dont mind the wait at this point.... got a lot of other things on my plate....

its nice to start seeing them around the island....
Wow, something is wrong. If I am correct, you had the first pre-order at Leeward Servco and ordered from Mike Gomez. Am I correct? Yours should have been the first one on the island! Looks like the first pre-order from both Leeward and Windward are the last pre-orders to come in. Mines floating out there somewhere!

Mike
taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:46 AM   #284
taz
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBfan24 View Post
Here are some photos of my car.
Nice pics! Any pics on the interior yet?

Was wondering if there are alot of blindspots like it was reported earlier?

I might take up the option of adding the sensors (front back bumper sensors). I noticed both the black and the yellow camaro is missing alot of paint on the front of the car, probably hitting a curb or something.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:31 AM   #285
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
Nice pics! Any pics on the interior yet?

Was wondering if there are alot of blindspots like it was reported earlier?

I might take up the option of adding the sensors (front back bumper sensors). I noticed both the black and the yellow camaro is missing alot of paint on the front of the car, probably hitting a curb or something.
When I sat in my car it was like i was sitting kinda low, but i did'nt ajust the seat, i was playing with radio, that radio looks like it would take some time to learn all the features. I'm getting sick waiting for it to get here to Maui.
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:55 AM   #286
Camarobaron

Drives: 2SS/RS Black/Black
Did a quick breakdown of Hawaii Maros from Spastic as of today... For review and comments:
Dealer Listed R6P
Cutter 14 9
Jim Falk 5 1
JN 8 0
Kuhio 3 1
Servco 8 4
TOTAL: 38

Wonder if numbers will climb with all R6P first...
Camarobaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:26 PM   #287
taz
Taz

I think mine is taking longer because it wasnt tagged R6P when I preordered on opening day. It was a new process and I think they didnt realize that it needed to be tagged that way.

Anyways, about 10am driving down to Pearl Harbor, I saw a Silver Ice Metallic Camaro pass me with the packing stuff and sticker still attached. It was heading towards JN Chevy dealership. They must have gotten another bulk of camaros in. At this rate, they will need to drop the price or they will end up with alot of camaros sitting on thier lot taking up space.

Mike
Old 07-30-2009, 05:42 AM   #288
BBfan24

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS
I will get some interior pics as soon as I take them. I've just been so captured by the beauty of the exterior. Changing lanes to the right isn't bad at all. I end up looking out the rear window and using the side mirror to give me a good picture of what's to my right. Out the left is a bit harder due to the small rear window. But if you know how to drive then you should be fine judging your surroundings.

Nash
Old 07-30-2009, 04:10 PM   #289
BBfan24

I tried to get the pictures to line up as best as possible starting from the view straight out and going around clockwise. The view from within the car isn't all that bad. I already got use to the view out the windows. Looking across the hood isn't as bad as it looks in the picture. All you really have to do is move your head to view any cars coming up to an intersection. Sounds hard, but not too difficult for the pros.

The trunk is high so the view out the back is a little hard to see if someone is tailgating you. Just don't make any sudden stops. It might also be that I'm a kinda short, 5'7", so I have problems seeing over things.

The hips on this car are really nice and big. The only problem I'm having with this is parking against a curb. But I should have it down within a week or two. It's just a matter of knowing your surroundings and judging the passenger side.

The only complaint I have, which is very minor, is the dead pedal. I'm used to driving a '97 Accord which has a dead pedal that is raised to about the same level as the clutch. The dead pedal in the Camaro is kind of just a slightly raised bump. My foot gets a little tired because of the angle it sits at when I'm not shifting.

Just to let everybody know, the skip shift kicks in at 17 MPH on a slow acceleration. It is really not a problem at all. It only confused me a couple times. Usually when I'm in a turn following some jackass that doesn't know how to drive.

The car attracts a lot of attention from a lot of different people. I really don't mind talking to people about him. I had a guy that owns some kind of steak wagon or something. He offered to trade me some meat for my Camaro LOL. But one thing that's getting annoying are those stupid young kids in their little ricers. I keep getting rev'd at and it's just ridiculous because their car sound like a fan blowing into a rusted coffee can filled with broken keys.
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2009, 05:35 PM   #290
taz
Taz

Nice. Thanks for the pictures. I figured there would be alot of young kids wanting to show off and reving their engines. Probably going to happen quite often until there are alot of camaros on the road as well as people wanting to see what the new camaro looks like. You probably are coming out of a store shopping and finding alot of finger smudges on the windows from people trying to take a peek inside to see what it looks like.

I cant believe that yesterday was the first time I actually saw a new camaro on the roads. I thought maybe it was mine since it was the same color, but this one didnt have the rally striping.

Mike
Old 07-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #291
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
Nash, do you live on Winam in Kapahulu, My dad's house is on McCorriston st, and my brother lives right down the road from you. Small world.
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 05:09 AM   #292
BBfan24

Hmm... Small world. Actually my girlfriend lives in that area. I just realized I got Diamond Head in the background of one of the pictures. Great landmark. I used to live in the area, but moved a few years back. I usually hang out at my girlfriends.

Nash
Old 07-31-2009, 11:42 PM   #293
Camarobaron

Drives: 2SS/RS Black/Black
Hi All,

For those of have R6P their maros, from 3800, how long is the wait to get the car on island?
Camarobaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:23 AM   #294
taz
Taz

Good question. I think it varies. Some cars are moving faster than others. I was at 3800 on 25 June and my car just now made it on island.

Mike