Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #659
Doglife1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE, 2004 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
My baby is here!!! I am leaving in an hour to pick her up!!!
Sweet! Congratulations and post some pics when you get a chance!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #660
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
My baby is here!!! I am leaving in an hour to pick her up!!!
Awesome!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #661
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Go get your car!!
What he said
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #662
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
+11 (turning it up to 11!)

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #663
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Just got a call from the dealership. Says my car is near Baltimore, and that's only 100 miles from the shop. I just may get my car by the weekend! Btw, i bought a set of SS wheel and tire combo, complete with sensors, for cold weather, from another Camaro owner on this site. He gave me a sweet deal,so thanks Joe!
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #664
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
1LE Delivery Day First Impressions

Ok she now has just over 40 miles on her and I wanted to give an impression for you guys that are still waiting. I must say it feels weird writing this instead of reading it. For a background to explain where my impressions come from I have owned 2 4th Gens, and infiniti, and just traded in a newer GMC Sierra. So quite a range for comparison.

The first thing that I noticed is NPP exhaust. It sounds absolutely amazing!!! Had the loudest flowmaster they make on my truck so love LOUD exhausts. Wasnt sure if the factory performance exhaust would do the trick, but it is AMAZING!!!! Definately an amazing sound, and I will never replace that with aftermarket.

Second thing I noticed, and was extremely surprised by is the electronic power steering. It is real loose and easy at slow speeds, which makes it an absolute dream in city driving. As soon as the MPH's go up though it tightens up and just like Cornerspeed said, 'It feels like a go kart!'. It feels nimble, light, and small, and all the things it should not feel like.

As far as my impressions on the appearance in person go....ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!! The pics and vids do nothing for this car. When you see it in person you will literally lose your breath. Even the stance, which I myself have said it looks like it rides high, looks better in person. I havent posted pics because she is dirty and the weather is awful but I will as soon as I can I promise.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #665
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Oh! I almost forgot to mention that the one fear I had was if the ride comfort would be ok for a DD. My fears were immediately dashed on the test drive. It is direct and firm, but at the same time very smooth and confortable. I love this thing!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #666
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Oh! I almost forgot to mention that the one fear I had was if the ride comfort would be ok for a DD. My fears were immediately dashed on the test drive. It is direct and firm, but at the same time very smooth and confortable. I love this thing!!!
Just what we want to hear. Thanks for filling us in, and congrats!
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #667
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
That's a darn good write up. I'm more excited now than ever.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #668
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
me too...but i've still got some more waiting ahead of me...sucks because i've got my intake and retrofit at the house waiting with me...
OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #669
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Glad our group now has troops on the ground! I go to "closing" GM term on Monday. I have a feeling the car hits the dealership tomorrow.

Congratz guys and thanks for sharing.... keeps us going!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #670
PhiLE1

Drives: 2013 BLK 2SS 1LE
Doglife
Pick it up! This car makes you drive with confidence. Forget the back roads & slow. All this talk about the tires, just drive it!!!
PhiLE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:09 PM   #671
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
[QUOTE=CrystalRedTintcoat;5880721]Seriously? Is that part of Al Oppenheiser saying they aren't putting too much of the patch down in the rear?

"The reason (we stretched the same sized zl1 front tire on an 11" rear wheel) is that this is a track car. And for track you don't necessarily want to push that tire patch down by having downforce or too much grip in the back. It's contrary to trying to fix the understeer. We wanted to loosen up the slip and allow you to ring this thing out because in competitive mode this thing is a track car."

As a retired superbike racer i know only TOO well about heat in you're tires,i hit the ground a few times cause i was impatient,and it was time to go it's time to share so here is a cool pic,ok so back to the subject.These Goodyears are the bomb,so once the warmth(spring summer) comes back and im on the track i will have all the confidence in the them,just not on the street,but thats not what their made for. I mean that video of the sub 3 min. video at VIR you dont get that superb grip unless the tires rock!

PS, in that pic im at 130mph, just exiting turn# 8(Willow Springs) from 150 mph, knee firmly planted on the ground,thats where my final crash was, never made turn #9 some idiot decided to turn in on me, and take my front out. Anyway the point of this watch out my fellow 1LERS these tires are awesome when heat is in them,but we really cant get the heat in them that we need unless we are on the track and a couple laps under our belt,cant wait.
Attached Images

cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #672
PhiLE1

Drives: 2013 BLK 2SS 1LE
Just telling the guy in the rain or the cold if your'e just streetin this thing & not pushing it the 1LE tools around just fine. (DON'T TRY A 130 MPH CORNER)
PhiLE1 is offline   Reply With Quote