Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-18-2009, 03:20 PM   #1
Ant

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT/RS (V6)
Citibank employee discounts?

I have 2 family members who work for Citibank, and they get discounts on a lot of stuff, including American-brand cars. My cousin got a Pontiac G6 this past summer, and with the discount, his payments dropped $30 a month!

Will this type of discount be able to used for a Camaro?
Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:25 PM   #2
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
There are suppler discounts that will be authorized by GM. The bigger question is when will dealers start accepting them.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
There are suppler discounts that will be authorized by GM. The bigger question is when will dealers start accepting them.
An even bigger question is if Citibank is considered an authorized GM supplier.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant View Post
I have 2 family members who work for Citibank, and they get discounts on a lot of stuff, including American-brand cars. My cousin got a Pontiac G6 this past summer, and with the discount, his payments dropped $30 a month!

IF they are a GM supplier, you family member could potentially get the GSU discount. However, they can not pass this on to others, unless GM is having a limited time promotion.
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:45 PM   #5
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:

My bank has something similar but they do it for everyone who has an account with them not just employees.

You order your car though them and they then order the car for you though one of their dealers that they have contracts with. Them and the dealers have agreements that the dealerships can use them to do financing with in exchange that the bank can order cars and trucks for $1- $2k below employee pricing depending on the vehicle. The bank then sells you the car at invoice and lower APR then their normal rates. You save the difference between MSRP and invoice plus the money saved for lowing the APR and the bank makes more money.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #6
Ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
My bank has something similar but they do it for everyone who has an account with them not just employees.

You order your car though them and they then order the car for you though one of their dealers that they have contracts with. Them and the dealers have agreements that the dealerships can use them to do financing with in exchange that the bank can order cars and trucks for $1- $2k below employee pricing depending on the vehicle. The bank then sells you the car at invoice and lower APR then their normal rates. You save the difference between MSRP and invoice plus the money saved for lowing the APR and the bank makes more money.
Do you know which banks do this? I have Chase...
Old 01-18-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
From my understanding this may be just a dealer thing (setting discount stipulations), as they're the one setting prices for you in which you purchase the car over (or at MSRP).

Denooyer in kalamazoo has said that they were willing to honor the discounts available to all customers on a case by case basis. This includes GSU, Employee Pricing, Color Tag Discounts, what have you. I have been impressed and will definately be working with them when the time comes to get my Camaro ready for the streets.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #8
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Do you know which banks do this? I have Chase...
I have no clue if any other banks do something like this. You'll just have to call and ask.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:03 PM   #9
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
The discount he is talking about probably is an APR discount not a vehicle price discount.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:41 PM   #10
Camaroinmo

Drives: Ford F150 SVT Raptor
Yes, Citibank does qualify for GM Supplier pricing.
Camaroinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:27 AM   #11
Ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroinmo View Post
Yes, Citibank does qualify for GM Supplier pricing.
Ok, cool. So I guess we just don't know when they will accept these discounts yet.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #12
Camaroinmo

Quote:
Ok, cool. So I guess we just don't know when they will accept these discounts yet.
It's already been made clear by GM that supplier pricing will be offered from day one. The only question is will your dealer offer it. If they don't, simply find a dealer who will.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:10 PM   #13
mrpre10der

MY GUESS IS THAT CITIBANK AND GM BOTH WILL JUMP SHIP TOGETHER AND LEAVE US HIGH AND DRY .WE WILL NOT SEE ANY DISCOUNT ON THIS CAR . YOU ARE LUCKY WITH MSRP . . IM VERY GOOD FRIENDS WITH A MAJOR DEALER IN NEWYORK WHICH I BOUGHT 8 NEW CARS ALLREADY AND HE WILL NOT SELL TO ME BECAUSE HE DONT WANT TO ROB ME. HE TOLD ME TO WAIT , SO I WENT TO A SMALLER DEALER WHO WILL TRY TO HELP ME GET THIS CAR . MY OPINION ONLY.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:20 PM   #14
Camaroinmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpre10der View Post
MY GUESS IS THAT CITIBANK AND GM BOTH WILL JUMP SHIP TOGETHER AND LEAVE US HIGH AND DRY .WE WILL NOT SEE ANY DISCOUNT ON THIS CAR . YOU ARE LUCKY WITH MSRP . . IM VERY GOOD FRIENDS WITH A MAJOR DEALER IN NEWYORK WHICH I BOUGHT 8 NEW CARS ALLREADY AND HE WILL NOT SELL TO ME BECAUSE HE DONT WANT TO ROB ME. HE TOLD ME TO WAIT , SO I WENT TO A SMALLER DEALER WHO WILL TRY TO HELP ME GET THIS CAR . MY OPINION ONLY.
Geee, I think I'll believe GM before I believe you. GM has said the camaro will be eligible for all discounts from day one. If I had the link, I'd post it but sadly I don't. If you are "very good friends" with this "major dealer," tell your very good friend to give you a deal.