Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 06-06-2023, 08:59 AM   #1
LS1Formulation

Drives: '13 Camaro SS '98 Firebird Formula
Lingenfelter 2-Step disengagement point question

For those of you who have installed an LNC-2000 in your M6 car for launch control, where in your clutch pedal travel do you have it set to engage/disengage? I'm about to install one today with a CTAP module in my SS, and I've never used one before. Basically, what I'm wondering is, do you have it disengage just as the clutch is starting to bite as you release the pedal? Or should it be fully disengaged prior to that? My concern there is that the engine would suddenly rev to the PCM rev limit if there wasn't a load on it. Of course, if the clutch bites too hard, it could bog or stall the engine. I'm just trying to get ahead of the curve here so I don't waste a whole day at the track trying to figure out where to initially set it.
LS1Formulation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 07:10 AM   #2
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
I have the CTAP set to turn the output off when the clutch just starts to engage. My clutch is stock. If I have time tonight, I'll look at the values. It may be a starting point for you. I need to do some adjusting after the cam install anyways. But the state just tarred and chipped my road. So another week before I take it out. I ended up splicing into the clutch pedal position wire. I could not get the adapter harness installed. And I don't give up easily.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 03:38 AM   #3
LS1Formulation

It was a pain in the ass, but I finally got the safety clip out with a small tool made out of a rivet to keep the tab pushed over and a pair of extended reach 90 degree bend needlenose pliers to pop it out of the connector. After that, the harness disconnected easily. I've got a Spec 3 clutch in mine, and it seems to be able to handle some abuse so I'll hopefully be able to do some experimenting when I go to the track tomorrow. Having it disengage somewhere in the sweet spot of the clutch seems like the ideal set up. If you do find where yours is set, let me know.
Old 06-26-2023, 08:12 AM   #4
stratman2SSRS

Drives: Lingenfelter Camaro
You want it to turn off right before the clutch engages otherwise the 2 step will stay on and bog the engine down. 5% adjustments make a huge difference.
Every clutch has a different sweet spot. You can’t go by what someone else is using.
You’re going to have to go to the track to test and make adjustments.
If it’s bogging move the setting closer to the floor in the travel.
Old 07-09-2023, 10:50 AM   #5
LS1Formulation

I basically got the initial setting by watching the engagement LED on the CTAP as I idled the car in gear, releasing the clutch pedal, and changing the setting to coincide with the moment the RPM began to pull down from the clutch engaging. Turns out it's basically the perfect way to set it up, because I haven't had to adjust it at all after going to the track. The most awesome part is I can now leave the line at full throttle, only having to modulate clutch release and no longer worrying if I'm applying the correct amount of throttle at launch to prevent tire spin. Now it's just a matter of adjusting RPM settings and possibly having it disengage slightly sooner to knock down my 60' times. Got a video of it in action here: https://youtu.be/1qnxrjiXu1E