Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-23-2009, 11:34 AM   #15
broncos24-7

Drives: surburban
Mothballs. If the cat is pooping in you flowers that is a goodway to get rid of them.Also works on snakes.
broncos24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:35 AM   #16
C4
ERNEST

Drives: 2012CAMARO 1LT RS CONVERTIBLE
SOME KAT FOOD WITH ANTIFREEZE ALWAYS WORKS........LOL
C4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:36 AM   #17
5thGenCamaroChick
Hey y'all :)

Drives: Rosalee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird View Post
Well you suggested it actually by staying. I'm an animal lover especially cats and I'd never even joke at something like that

Anyway I had a cat that scratched up my 94 on the sale panel and there is something that worked. It's called a scat mat. Have you ever heard of them? Also do you have a cover for your car? That would help too not only with the cats but with elements.
The only reason I put that in there is because I've already had other people suggest it. I'm with you on this one. No way I could hurt an animal, obviously, or I would have already done it. IMO animal abusers are as bad as child abusers.

Haven't seen the scat mat, gonna go check that now.

As for a car cover... I thought about that but I am worried about a couple of things. 1. If the cat jumps on the car and the cloth moves a bit the cat might think it's sliding off and try to dig in with its claws, possibly causing more damage than I already have. I've never used a car cover so I don't know if this would be a problem or not. 2. I wondered if there's road dust on the car will putting the cover on and removing it cause the dust to scratch the clearcoat? Actually, there's a number 3. here. I really don't want to have to cover/uncover my car everytime I drive it, but I guess I will if I have to.

Also hadn't heard of using cayenne pepper. I'll look into that as well. Thanks for the tips, folks.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:43 AM   #18
5thGenCamaroChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Maybe you could adopt...

Unless, of course, this ends up happening...

Or, a worst case scenario...

I would just get a car cover.
Haha, love these Fen! I actually have 2 dogs, but they're strictly indoor. When we bought this house a few years ago we paid $6000 to fence in the huge backyard thinking the dogs would love to be able to run and play freely. HA! They go out, do their business and someone had BETTER be waiting at the door to let them back in RIGHT NOW lol. Totally spoiled.

Speaking of the fence... it really irks me that we paid so much money to make sure our animals couldn't destroy our neighbors' property, but we can't get the same .
Old 11-23-2009, 11:49 AM   #19
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Oh that sux.... I would suggest getting a car cover .... I know you probably dont want to rake out the dollars but if you wanna protect ya baby from unwanted scars...it will be a good investment.

Also I know bleach turns cats away, I have used it before in the garbage bin when its full of trash and the lid cant close... and came out the next day and garbage was never touched....

I would also suggest the Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun with a compass stock... but you might shoot ya eye out "A Christmans Story" Great!!
Attached Images

Old 11-23-2009, 11:50 AM   #20
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenCamaroChick View Post
The neighborhood cats keep getting on my car and have now put a big nasty scratch on it! I've tried everything I can think of short of hauling them off or setting out a big saucer-full of antifreeze, but that's not me. I couldn't live with myself if I did either, so please don't suggest it. I've talked with my neighbors and they all agreed to keep their cats inside, which they do most of the time. Then either the cat(s) gets out and they can't catch it or they let it/them out at night thinking I won't know. My closest neighbor bought a motion-activated ultrasonic deterrent, but unless the cat walked RIGHT in front of it it didn't work. I've bought expensive deterrent granules and spread them all around the carport. I even put some in a piece of nylon hose and sat it on the windshield wiper but that didn't work either. Someone told me to try essence of orange, no luck. I've invested in a night vision security camera to try and figure out whose cat it is but somehow the stupid thing manages to get on the car after the tape runs out. If I can figure out whose cat it is I will talk to them once more and if that doesn't work I'll call the pound and have them set traps in hopes they'll get tired of having to pay the fees to get their cat back and keep it in. Luckily my neighbor owns a body shop and is going to buff out the scratch for free (he's really good, no worries), but how long before they do enough damage that I have to repaint my hood/replace the vinyl stripe? I'm hoping to save enough money to enclose the carport but in the meantime Anybody have any other suggestions? Sorry this is so long but I'm really frustrated!
I never understood why people let their cats out like that.

I have not yet had a cat jump on the camaro, but I have had a squirrel do that. It was so odd, I was in the driveway, I scared the squirrel, and he went right at the car.

The car was coated in Rejex recently so he just slid right off, and didn't make any marks.

I once took some Dave's insanity sauce and put that right around the steps that led to underneath my parents porch. I heard a nice loud screech that night, and the cats didn't come back. So the comment about the Cayenne pepper might work.

You could always catch the cat, and then duct tape its paws. See how it likes that
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #21
canadian ss
Psycho on day pass

Drives: 2010 yellow 1ss m6 -GM tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird View Post
Well you suggested it actually by staying. I'm an animal lover especially cats and I'd never even joke at something like that

Anyway I had a cat that scratched up my 94 on the sale panel and there is something that worked. It's called a scat mat. Have you ever heard of them? Also do you have a cover for your car? That would help too not only with the cats but with elements.
Some moist cat food and rat poison mixed together is cheaper than the hassel you are going thru to stop the problem. Once you find out who's cat it is, shoot them too!
I have two cats and am responsible enough to keep them indoors.
canadian ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:57 AM   #22
5thGenCamaroChick

C'mon guys, it's not the cats' fault. They're just looking for the warmest sheltered place they can find right now. The odd thing is they used to get on the hot tub to stay warm, which is only a few feet from the car and also under cover. Now, I would think the hot tub would be much warmer than the car. Also, they never got any of our other cars. I guess the cats just really like the 2010 Camaro lol. At least they have good taste.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:58 AM   #23
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
I had a post about this a few months back, essentially the car is in its cover every night so I won't have to worry about it. I am usually only driving it on weekends. I haven't seen the neighbor cat on the Camaro with the cover on it. She does however get on our other two cars--there are definitely more scratches on them now with little paw prints usually up and down the window. Our neighbor keeps the cat in more now, which was a ferrel (sp?) cat when they got her, so hard to keep one of those inside.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #24
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Some of the people on this site are ridiculous.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #25
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenCamaroChick View Post
C'mon guys, it's not the cats' fault. They're just looking for the warmest sheltered place they can find right now. The odd thing is they used to get on the hot tub to stay warm, which is only a few feet from the car and also under cover. Now, I would think the hot tub would be much warmer than the car. Also, they never got any of our other cars. I guess the cats just really like the 2010 Camaro lol. At least they have good taste.
Seriously though, putting hot pepper sauce around the car would work and not harm the cat. Even if you taped the cats paws, that still won't hurt them, and it is too funny to watch them try to walk after you taped their paws.

Maybe its just me, but I sure get a kick out of taping a cats paw.

Make sure the car has a good coat of wax, zaino, rejex on it, and that should help keep the surface slick and prevent the scratches.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #26
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
A super soaker and a few stake outs we'll eventually solve the problem. Just get them before they are on the car. also you could try putting tape upside down all around the car. They don't like feeling on their paws.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #27
Bill Dillow

Drives: 2005 2500HD DuraMax, 2010 SS/RS Bla
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian ss View Post
Some moist cat food and rat poison mixed together is cheaper than the hassel you are going thru to stop the problem. Once you find out who's cat it is, shoot them too!
I have two cats and am responsible enough to keep them indoors.

Bill Dillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #28
Sick Rick
Baphomet's Wheelman

Drives: Everyone crazy.....
Back when I had my Mad Max cars from Australia, I had to get a lot of props and parts from Japan due to the HUGE fan base there.....where I found this wonderful product!

Its called Black Cat Scat. And it works very, very well. After ordering it, I figured out how to make my own. You will see what I mean after you google it. A water bottle with legs and a cat face, with glittery eyes, that screws onto the bottle placed under the car and they really wont go near it. They think its another cat in the dark.....sounds stupid, but no stupider than cats, as their brains are the size of a walnut, so yeah, lol, it's a simple and effective solution to a problem that's been over thought. Cats wont go where another cat is at, they don't know. When they do their staredown, with glitter eyes they lose to the water bottle and move on....

There is also another Japanese item that works with chemicals. It comes in a pellet form that you spread around and keeps em away....supposed to smell horrific to cats. Both can be found easily enough online.

Yeah, nothing else works by the way, cept dogs. Which is another problem. Hope this helped you.
Sick Rick is offline   Reply With Quote