Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #71
Nukem287

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Not even for a second.

It was kind of an impulse buy. I just graduated college and landed a job and figured I wanted something fun when I was younger rather than when I am older with a family and such so I went with the camaro as opposed to a "more practical" car. Never owned a GM car before and honestly was a little hesitant. Luckily unlike some people here I was able to convince a dealer to gimme a test drive in one before I ordered one (even though I didn't end up ordering from them). Loved it when I test drove it and still love it. I cant help but smile everytime I come out and see it and remember that "Oh yeah, thats my car!" and this is 6 months after getting it. Still turning just as many heads as the day I drove it off the lot too!
Nukem287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #72
gregus73

Drives: 2010 Blue Challenger R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine_67 View Post
Sounds like you need to drive a Prius ----- as for me No Regrets !

Prius...LOL
w/ a save the manatees bumper sticker.
gregus73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #73
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
I don’t have mine yet and I am second guessing it. Here's my conflict. I am single, and I figure, I should have what I want. However my G/F has 2 kids, an 11 year old daughter and a 14 year old son. The 14 year old is already 5'11" and is only going to get taller. The 11 year old is probably going to stay shorter. When I owned my 99 TransAM, it was a chore to get the kids in the back as it was, now that they are getting older and taller, it is going to be more uncomfortable for them. My G/F said to get what I want. Currently, I drive a leased Equinox that ends in February. For the last few months, I have been thinking, I should get something that we all can fit comfortably in. I took a G8 for a test drive and everyone fit fine (4 doors). But then I look at the Camaro and think, I really want it. The 14 year old also wants me to get it, that’s the Camaro mind you. So, the dilemma is this. Wait out on my Camaro to be built and buy it, move my seats up so they can fit in the back or cancel my order and find a used G8 GT (none close to where I live, I have been looking). I LOVE the Camaro and I really like the G8 GT. I will have to make up my mind very soon. Lease is up in less than a month and my dealer said I should be moving to 2000 any day now.
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:17 PM   #74
jkelly
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: 2lt summit white dk gray int
absolutely no regrets. In fact I sold a 2006 Equinox when my camaro came in and my car payments went down.....$1.42 I love this car, and the attention it gets.
jkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:39 AM   #75
Rockies4

Drives: PT Cruiser 02
I have raised money for the following organizations and individuals in the last nine years:

Visiting Nurses
North County Rape Crisis Center
2 small children with cancer
1 6 month old child needing several surgeries
Lakeview Junior High

Wrote and taught my senior project at my university for two years, which helped thousands of students succeed and stay in school. They still use it today almost 14 years later.

And several other organizations. Also, I teach business classes at my community college and teach students how to write a resume that gets them jobs... sometimes without an interview! I've even gotten some of my students' parents a job, so they didn't have to leave town to support their family.

I have helped many people, students, and organizations for years and now it's time to reward myself.

It took 20 years of really hard work to earn my Camaro and I don't regret it. And for you to say I have no idea on what it is to help others, you are speaking in fallacies.

I know that I'm doing everything that I can do to make this a better world and now it's my turn. No regrets. Absolutely, positively no regrets.

And life really is short.

Best wishes.

Rockies4
Rockies4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:41 AM   #76
sen10l

Drives: In Transit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies4 View Post
And for you to say I have no idea on what it is to help others, you are speaking in fallacies.

Rockies4
I'm sorry but I don't recall referencing you anywhere. Perhaps you can show me where I did so. Thanks.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:33 AM   #77
infamous00827
Heartless-1

Drives: 2008 nissan altima coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazertoast View Post
Brother, I had the same reservations when I bought mine. I thought that I should be spending the money on my family. The thing is that you get so used to doing things for others and neglecting yourself that you forget you need taken care of too. That's what my wife told me three days before I pulled the trigger and got mine. I couldn't be happier with my decision.

i'm about to pull the trigger also, and was unsure of what i should do until i read this post ^

words of wisdom
Old 02-01-2010, 04:49 AM   #78
ChevyThunder

Drives: pinto
I had not bought a new American car for a long time . I bought the car for a couple of reasons.. I have a bunch of first gen Camaro's, and to be patriotic. Bought a North American product from a local dealer.
When I got the car I said to myself," what the hell did I do this for"? I really second guessed myself.
I had told the dealer to paint the ground effects body color and the back panel black and to , " don't worry take your time" After a month I said to myself , " I bought this damn car I want to drive it now" called the dealer and told them they had long enough lets wrap it up. I had never even test driven one !
So I finally get the car and it was a much better car than I expected, and I DID have some expectations. I mean I really enjoy the car.It is tight and solid. Runs and shifts well. The Bluetooth intergration and usb port with iPod intergration is way better than my MBZ. And just to put it into perspective for you my ever day driver is a 69 RS/Z that has full suspension, vintage air, full custom leather interior , TKO 600 5 speed and a custom built hyd roller 427 SB motor making 540HP. My other driver is a tuned 800HP CL65 AMG. It was as if neither one of my other cars existed.I didn't drive another car for two months straight and I am still enjoying this car and have no regrets at all.
I think you will enjoy the car for many reasons. First , it is a great car . Second , the social scene surrounding the car... the amount of people and excitement that goes with the car and a great forum like this one .
Also lots of great aftermarket pieces to individualize your Camaro should you chose to do so.
My son has a trick M3 and he loves the Camaro too.
ChevyThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:35 AM   #79
obrut

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylorc View Post
My only regret was not having another one to drive in the snow!!!
I feel the same way, I can't and wont drive my 1SS in the snow, but I will in a few years pick up a used base model V6 with a manual for a daily driver.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:04 AM   #80
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
As much as I love the new Camaro I'm contemplating myself if buying one would be worth it. My current Camaro is faster than a stock 5th gen, is in great shape, still turns heads, and I still love it as much as the day I bought it. Oh, and my current Camaro is paid for too.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:45 AM   #81
IndyDave

Drives: '10 Camaro 2LT RS
Not for a minute
IndyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:49 AM   #82
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Not me...
Old 02-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #83
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Hell no! I saved for years to get a sports car and I'm just glad the Camaro's were available at the right time. I love it!

I did ask my husband before I bought it if I was doing the right thing. He said "absolutely! you deserve it and it's good for your soul." He knows I am very careful with my money and it is was not like me to make a purchase like this. He said I should go for it and I am so glad I did. On the drive home from the dealer when I took delivery, I found myself feeling very smug and grinning a lot! I'm glad I bought it.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:04 AM   #84
RedJewelrsss32

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Red Jewel Camaro
I've never been loyal to any one brand, I am becoming a Chevy fan though I absolutely love this car. Plan on keeping her for a long time. Ask me again in two years.