Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 05-05-2014, 08:59 PM   #43
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
BTW, no big deal but #154 was me not my wife. Should read: Allan Millot, Black, V8.

Either way, I had fun. I did pretty good considering it was my first time. Like nineball I had a couple of solid 25 times one with a +1 and another on a re-run. I also ran with 38 psi in my tires, which didn't help with the traction. I learned a lot and now I'm hooked. Have to go to more local events.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:24 PM   #44
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT Z51
To clarify the classes...based on the experience of the various builds within the Camaro inventory we had to create a Camaro classification system. This system tried to match capabilities of stock Camaros with modified etc. The system was also limited by two other factors...past participation and funding. We did not want to create a class of say just modified V6s as not that many show up and if we did, then we would need to purchase trophies for one or two participants. So with limited funds and limited turn outs for some types of Camaros, we classed as posted. Now lets see the results. 1LEs were neck in neck in the hunt with ZL1s, a 1LE beat my wife in her ZL1 and ended up posting better times than all but one ZL1. The modified V6s swept stock V8. Horsepower isn't the winning equation in an autoX event. By the results should we put ZL1s with stock V8s then? You see how this goes. The variations of Camaros grows every year. In the mean time, I see no changes to classification during C5 Fests.

The case of Casey and this missing car stuff seems to have been solved. We put people were they state they are based on what they tell us they have. We are not perfect, working 12 hour days in the sun with no lunch and no time to enjoy the Fest beyond the confines of the autoX course. After we go wash the scuzz off, eat a meal, our timing and registration volunteers work several more hours in the hotel. Error in registration may occur. We noted some but corrected them on the spot. In Casey's case, as I read it, wasn't ours. If someone feels slighted, let us know.

I promise you, the ALL VOLUNTEER STAFF, who took vacation and paid their own way to fly, drive and stay yo drag filthy trash barrels, set up run and organize this event did not, nor EVER plotted to do anything other than two things:

SAFETY
and
FUN

You want a serious competition, go to SCCA events. This is the Fest. Friendly rivalry welcome. Growing the sport is the foremost goal. But no one EVER is out to "shaft" anyone. If we were I would be mad if I didn't get an invite. I love me a good shafting.

So back to the point...What is the thing that makes you better in autoX? First and foremost it is driver skills. Then tires and sways and then added mods, mainly suspension. So for those new to this sport, seat time will get your times down faster than you can imagine. Stay stock in Pirelli's and suspension. If you do upgrade your Camaro after a year or so of AutoX you will leap forward in skills. My wife had her first autoX in Valdosta and this weekend she was close to the top drivers. Well on her fun runs when it didn't count.
So I hope you had fun, I hope you compete again and if you want to give up a lot to offer so much more, sign up to volunteer at Pete Basica's desk.

Signed
The Fat Guy Who Didn't Stop Talking Into The Mic
Old 05-05-2014, 09:26 PM   #45
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
BTW, no big deal but #154 was me not my wife. Should read: Allan Millot, Black, V8.

Either way, I had fun. I did pretty good considering it was my first time. Like nineball I had a couple of solid 25 times one with a +1 and another on a re-run. I also ran with 38 psi in my tires, which didn't help with the traction. I learned a lot and now I'm hooked. Have to go to more local events.
Hi my name is Mike, I have been addicted to AutoX for three years now...

I need tires man...can anyone spare me some tires? I am Jonesin' for 200 tread wear...
Old 05-05-2014, 10:14 PM   #46
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Except this modified V6 was in C4, but its all good, had a blast. I can see more mods to be able to carve the corners even better. Auto x is addicting, wait until you get on a road course....
Old 05-05-2014, 10:19 PM   #47
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

CamaroCross Results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
Except this modified V6 was in C4, but its all good, had a blast. I can see more mods to be able to carve the corners even better. Auto x is addicting, wait until you get on a road course....

What's your mods? Also did you let us know? We had all FI in C4. I will look up your times as well.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:28 PM   #48
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Yes I am Supercharged, about the same power as a 1LE... defiantly not on par with a ZL1.. Its all good, had a blast, there is really no class that I fit in well. I even raced in Manual Trans Street Tire class with all V8's. got smoked but it was hella fun...
Old 05-05-2014, 10:39 PM   #49
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

CamaroCross Results!

My wife has to face 911s in SCCA. My v6 has to face modified v8s. It is a weird sport. We have the FI's lumped together. And although not FI, the 1LEs have proven that in turns and cornering they can match a ZL1. Again, see results. Heck even in last years TCR the 1LEs dominated. Also the shoe is a huge factor. Two years ago at Fest III my wife and I were just trying to improve our times. Now we can challenge some of the better drivers. Seat time. I hope my new seat time is in a Recaro after the big announcement.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:41 PM   #50
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

I may try to Auto x my daughters 1994 Mazda Miata R- Edition, that would be a blast....
Old 05-05-2014, 10:43 PM   #51
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
I may try to Auto x my daughters 1994 Mazda Miata R- Edition, that would be a blast....

You should. They seem to have been made for AutoX.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:10 PM   #52
Zombie killer
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOM NEMESIS View Post
Thank you Chase. Can't say thanks enough on how great you guys are from the purchase to the customer service and helping walk me thru it all. Hopefully we can keep those wins coming.
Congratulations on a great run in the finals. I guess I am going to have to spend a little bit more money with Chase this year to give you a run in next years auto cross. That and a better set of tires it seems. LOL. Again, congrats on your win.
Old 05-06-2014, 12:08 AM   #53
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy SATX View Post
To clarify the classes...based on the experience of the various builds within the Camaro inventory we had to create a Camaro classification system. This system tried to match capabilities of stock Camaros with modified etc. The system was also limited by two other factors...past participation and funding. We did not want to create a class of say just modified V6s as not that many show up and if we did, then we would need to purchase trophies for one or two participants. So with limited funds and limited turn outs for some types of Camaros, we classed as posted. Now lets see the results. 1LEs were neck in neck in the hunt with ZL1s, a 1LE beat my wife in her ZL1 and ended up posting better times than all but one ZL1. The modified V6s swept stock V8. Horsepower isn't the winning equation in an autoX event. By the results should we put ZL1s with stock V8s then? You see how this goes. The variations of Camaros grows every year. In the mean time, I see no changes to classification during C5 Fests.

The case of Casey and this missing car stuff seems to have been solved. We put people were they state they are based on what they tell us they have. We are not perfect, working 12 hour days in the sun with no lunch and no time to enjoy the Fest beyond the confines of the autoX course. After we go wash the scuzz off, eat a meal, our timing and registration volunteers work several more hours in the hotel. Error in registration may occur. We noted some but corrected them on the spot. In Casey's case, as I read it, wasn't ours. If someone feels slighted, let us know.

I promise you, the ALL VOLUNTEER STAFF, who took vacation and paid their own way to fly, drive and stay yo drag filthy trash barrels, set up run and organize this event did not, nor EVER plotted to do anything other than two things:

SAFETY
and
FUN

You want a serious competition, go to SCCA events. This is the Fest. Friendly rivalry welcome. Growing the sport is the foremost goal. But no one EVER is out to "shaft" anyone. If we were I would be mad if I didn't get an invite. I love me a good shafting.

So back to the point...What is the thing that makes you better in autoX? First and foremost it is driver skills. Then tires and sways and then added mods, mainly suspension. So for those new to this sport, seat time will get your times down faster than you can imagine. Stay stock in Pirelli's and suspension. If you do upgrade your Camaro after a year or so of AutoX you will leap forward in skills. My wife had her first autoX in Valdosta and this weekend she was close to the top drivers. Well on her fun runs when it didn't count.
So I hope you had fun, I hope you compete again and if you want to give up a lot to offer so much more, sign up to volunteer at Pete Basica's desk.

Signed
The Fat Guy Who Didn't Stop Talking Into The Mic

Thank you for all your hard work at this event!

I'm still a little baffled at my classification being in c4 though....and nobody has answered me as to why yet....overview:

First AutoX event ever
All season front tires
Only suspension mod is lowering springs
Full boltons plus cam/heads

Thanks - Greg

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:37 AM   #54
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohdeo16 View Post
Thank you for all your hard work at this event!

I'm still a little baffled at my classification being in c4 though....and nobody has answered me as to why yet....overview:

First AutoX event ever

All season front tires

Only suspension mod is lowering springs

Full boltons plus cam/heads

Thanks - Greg

Hmmm I don't remember what we said about Cams. I will find answer.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:26 AM   #55
Tavo32

Drives: LFX LT/RS
I made it to the finals in autocross and had to make the tough decision of having to participate in either the autocross finals, or the drag eliminations (also qualified). I think I made the right decision in choosing the drag finals as I got first place in my class BUT that doesn't change the fact that I am HOOKED on auto cross!

Jordan you are a monster! It was a pleasure to meet you and see you run! Hopefully I wasn't too loud at that Denny's at 3-4 in the morning
Old 05-06-2014, 10:29 AM   #56
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote