Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-27-2015, 02:53 PM   #1
BlueRay2ss

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 2013 2LS 1998 Z28
Another tiresome Technostalgia thread

I purchased these taillights in May 2014, received them in July, installed them, got a couple months use before they started acting up, random flashing when using turn signals, etc. Called Todd, he was very helpful, had me send them in for a software refresh,sent them back, re-installed them. This was in November. Since the re-install, the lights sequential turn signal correctly, rapid fire correctly, but when the turn signal is on and the brake is pressed, the opposite side does 1 sequential sweep instead of the rapid fire blink. This is while the car is turned off.
With the car running, the light just randomly blink with the opposite turn signal on. I called Todd twice to explain this and he seems to think this is what they're supposed to do. Basically to live with it. I then went on to e-mail him twice and have had no response. I love my lights but they're basically useless. $400 is a lot of money to not stand behind a product. Not sure what I should do from here.
BlueRay2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 03:20 PM   #2
gr8daneh
460 RWHP 420 RWTQ

Drives: 2SS/RS - IBM LS3 M6
Mine are doing the same. I have tried everything recommended and finally after they started displaying a rapid flash with lights on, and turn signal activated, I gave up and removed them. I'm not sure what to do with them, because I don't want to push crap out to others...
Old 01-27-2015, 07:33 PM   #3
GVA 45TH 2SS
KNGTFALL

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th edition
On mine if turn signal is on and brake is pressed both sides will sweep on and then stay solid. The rapid fire wont work if there is a signal on.
IIRC
GVA 45TH 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:39 AM   #4
Niceun

Drives: 2012 45th edition RS 2LT
Having issues with mine also. Emailed Todd told him I was seeing random flashing while the car is parked and idleing. He said to send him my address and he would send me a UPS tag so I could send them back for repair or replace. That was over a week ago and he will not answer my email to send me the UPS tag. Not sure if I should turn him in yet or not but I will not be ripped off $400.
Niceun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:18 AM   #5
BlueRay2ss

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 2013 2LS 1998 Z28
Thanks for your replies and input! It does seem as if the lights kind of go crazy when the car is running vs. checking them when the car is off and key is turned. I am to the point of not recommending these to anyone like I used to. It seems some people get results while others are ignored. Definitely need to figure something out before spring.
BlueRay2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:56 PM   #6
Niceun

It would be cool if these guys were as customer friendly as Joe @ Night Owl. Hey maybe he could fix our tail light issues......
Old 01-28-2015, 05:57 PM   #7
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Do you have a video? Is this of the new style or old? I have the old style and 0 problems other than occasional condensation which is only during heavy rain and living in the desert doesn't really bug me

Why don't you all just call? He answered my phone calls about the condensation even though the lights were out of warranty and offered a free fix.
1-866-258-5670
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:29 PM   #8
11TexaSS

Drives: 2011RedJewel, FI
There's been way too many post about problems with them. What a shame because they do look cool.
11TexaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:48 PM   #9
Niceun

I believe that is what I will do tomcat since there is no response from email,BTW mine are the latest edition.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:25 PM   #10
camarostar2010

Drives: 2011 SS
I had these...gave up on them...I purchased 2 sets. Major fail. After 6 take off attempts to repair and locate the issue. and basically 1k out my pocket I gave up. Good luck on tech lights.
camarostar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:47 AM   #11
EWMAN

Drives: 2011 2SS RS L99 Blk/Blk
Well, for what it is worth, I bought a set of the rapid fire, sequential, afterburner taillights when I first bought my car brand new back in early 2011, (2011 2 SS RS) less than 2 months old when I installed them, I originally had a little bit of a problem in that one of the connections was not exactly tight, Called Todd, fixed the problem immediately. My hearing was still somewhat functional at that point.
Now, after 4 years, and several times of dead batteries, The outboard passengers side has decided to stop flashing in any way, no rapid fire, no sequential, Both of the drivers side do what they are supposed to do, sequence, rapid flash when brakes are applied, and the inboard light on the Passengers side does what it is supposed to do.
I absolutely love these lights, have had MANY MANY compliments, but at this point they really annoy me in that the one is completely NON functioning as they were intended. no flash, no sequence and no rapid fire, afterburner works. that one bad light sticks out like a sore dick.
I have sent many emails, no response, I am deaf so phone calls are not a way I can communicate. Fortunately I kept my original lights and suppose I will have to replace them. Hate that but no other alternative.

This car only has 33,000 miles.

Evil, Wick, Mean and Nasty

Aut Vinceri, Aut Mori
EWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote