Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-16-2008, 05:06 PM   #1
RB43TD
Me Likey My Camaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT/RS Camaro
Still going to Indy?

If the announcement on the 21st does show what the production car will actually look like and also give the options that will be available, will some of you with plans to go to Indy rethink your plans? I know many were going because that was when the "first" look was going to be, but it you get to see pictures next week, are you still going?
Old 07-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout

Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
yup I still wanna meet MR.Settlemire and the guys here and party. Plus i want to caress my future car
Bumble Bee '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:23 PM   #3
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I wish I could go but work and distance prevent me. Even though we'll be getting some info' next week, I'd like to meet 'Father and everyone else who's worked so hard and put up with so much crap on this car.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:27 PM   #4
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
you are alittle to young to party with Settlemire you have to be 21 to party with him & he does party
Just keep him away from Ice teas

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:04 PM   #5
BitchinCamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
I don't see how it would change anything. If you were happy with just seeing the production car in pictures on the net, why go to Indy? The pics and info would be posted from it. Going to Indy is about seeing the car in person, meeting other Camaro fans, talking with the GM people, and being part of the 'event.'
Plus as I learned from the concept, see it in pictures is NOTHING compared to seeing it in person.
BitchinCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:27 PM   #6
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
I will definately still be there! nothing like seeing it in person, and not to mention meeting some cool people while im there!!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:35 PM   #7
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
It won't change my mind about going to see it. I still haven't even seen the show cars yet. I'm definitely still going to Indy to see it in the flesh (or in the steel, whatever).
JaysonAych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:37 PM   #8
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
I wish we could afford to go, but we leave for REno in just under 3 weeks for HAN, then school is already started & My boss would kill be if I took time off so soon after going back to work

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:50 PM   #9
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
ABSOFREAKINGLUTLEY........is that a word?

Like the others, I want to see it in person and get my chance to personally thank the people that helped bring the Camaro back to us. Personally, I am wondering if that will be the "first" time the public gets to see the car though. 60 days is a long time now that there's gonna be a lot known after Monday and Tuesday.

Doesn't matter.....I'm still going. If it's a bust, everybody's (legal age) invited back to my room for drinks!!
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:05 PM   #10
Bumble Bee '77
AutoBot Scout

Drives: 2002 ZRS Camaro
WOOOHOOO!!
Bumble Bee '77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:14 PM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by aston70 View Post
I pretty much thought it was to be unveiled before sept anyway. It was discussed quite a bit in another thread somewhere and those of us that are going, still decided to go.

If I remember though, a few arms had to be twisted.
**cough** Tag **cough**
Who? Me? My arm? Nooooooo.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchinCamaro View Post
I don't see how it would change anything. If you were happy with just seeing the production car in pictures on the net, why go to Indy? The pics and info would be posted from it. Going to Indy is about seeing the car in person, meeting other Camaro fans, talking with the GM people, and being part of the 'event.'
Plus as I learned from the concept, see it in pictures is NOTHING compared to seeing it in person.
It was already said that there would be an early unveil....which I was pissed at....and got over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMY68SS View Post
ABSOFREAKINGLUTLEY........is that a word?

Like the others, I want to see it in person and get my chance to personally thank the people that helped bring the Camaro back to us. Personally, I am wondering if that will be the "first" time the public gets to see the car though. 60 days is a long time now that there's gonna be a lot known after Monday and Tuesday.

Doesn't matter.....I'm still going. If it's a bust, everybody's (legal age) invited back to my room for drinks!!
You bet it is!!! It's MY word! 60 days....IS....a long time and there's no telling what will happen between now and then. But, it won't be a bust. It'll still be a HUGE event and I think it's going to be a blast.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:43 PM   #12
Dunk31
Instigator

Drives: 93 Z28, 70 Chevelle SS 97 Expo
Location: Kandahar, Afghanistan/St. Louis will always be home though.
I'm friggin pumped. I just found out I may be taking leave in Sept. Which means I'll only be about 6 hrs from Indy. No matter what they reveal on Monday, if I get the chance I'll be there!
Dunk31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:03 PM   #13
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
I'm going, pix or no pix. I want to see the car and meet all these people that I only know about by whats written. To get the chance to meet FBod and people directly involved in the design, words can't describe.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:29 PM   #14
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
i think we all need to get those stickers that say "Hello My Name Is..." and then our screen name. so we know who each other is.