Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 06-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
Jonathan Patten
Caffeinated Gearhead

Drives: 2011 SGM V6/RS
Send a message via AIM to Jonathan Patten Send a message via Skype™ to Jonathan Patten
A Review for Porter Chevrolet of Newark, DE

I see many other people giving reviews for their dealerships, so I thought that I'd post one of the dealership that I dealt with!

Dealership: Porter Chevrolet
My Rating: A+
Strengths: Friendly, non-pushy salesmen.
Weaknesses: Limited inventory of Camaros to choose from
My car search started when I graduated from high school-- my parents and I had put together money to buy me a car. It was delayed until my second semester, when I transfered colleges. My first college would not allow college freshman to have a car on campus, not to mention that I didn't want to park a brand new car on the streets of Philadelphia! I wasn't sure what I wanted-- I test drove the following cars: 2011 Ford Mustang, 2010 Subaru Impreza, and 2010 Dodge Challenger. All three dealerships had the same thing in common: they were VERY pushy and wanted me to walk out with the car on the first day they saw me!

The next thing that happened was that my Dad recommended that I try to test drive a Camaro, and we weren't sure were to go at first. Well, it turned out that I needed a car very quickly because I was going off to my new college within the next two weeks. (Last minute deal, another seperate story!) The people were NOT pushy at all at Porter Chevrolet, after the first day we visited (About two months earlier) they did NOT bug us, but instead kept in touch to see how my progress was coming along in looking for a car. They respected my decision at my first visit of informing them that I was looking to buy "in the near future." They did not try to shove an offer down my throat, and they did make me feel very comfortable and relaxed at the dealership.

So the week comes when I need a car: I call the guy, ask him if he'll be available, and he says yes, so we go on and take another test drive: the dealership was very trusting to me and my Dad; they let us take another test drive without a salesman in the car to talk our ear off-- instead they allowed us to enjoy the car and "come back in 15 minutes."

The buying process was fantastic, the people were classy, polite, and friendly. There was no pushy salesmen there like I witnessed at the Ford dealership! They were willing to knock down the price very much because of our limited budget, and all in all the experience was fantastic! I would definitely recommend that anyone in the area of Delaware who is looking for a Camaro or a Chevrolet should definitely check out Porter Chevrolet! They were willing to work with us to try to get the deal done quickly and effortlessly!
Jonathan Patten is offline   Reply With Quote