Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 08-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #71
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
oh ok. the dealer said it doesnt have sensors if someone tried to break window or cut the top up
I misunderstood your question, just say I have owned at least 7 convertibles and have never had a top cut or vandalized. The only car I have had a window broken out and something stolen out of it was in 1974. I don't base my buying of cars on fear of what might happen, if you did you wouldn't ever buy any car. Just buy and enjoy and keep your insurance up to date.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #72
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
oh ok. wow, 1974. you got a good memory!! hell, i cant remember what i had for lunch today, let alone what i did in 74. i was a sophomore in high school i do remember that! lol.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #73
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
oh ok. wow, 1974. you got a good memory!! hell, i cant remember what i had for lunch today, let alone what i did in 74. i was a sophomore in high school i do remember that! lol.
Well I remember that better than what happened yesterday. Bad things do tend to burn into your memory. Heck I can still remember me and my best friend getting into trouble when we were four for setting the alley on fire.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #74
kevinw

lol. do you have a CAI on your car? i know nothing about them but hear about perf gains.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #75
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
lol. do you have a CAI on your car? i know nothing about them but hear about perf gains.
No, I haven't. I have had them on other cars and what performance gains they may have had were not really noticeable in the seat of the pants. I weigh the cost and I just haven't been able to justify it in my mind. But others may feel differently.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #76
kevinw

oh ok
Old 09-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #77
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Go with the vert, you will love it. I can't even imagine my car NOT being a vert.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #78
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post
Go with the vert, you will love it. I can't even imagine my car NOT being a vert.

I would not have bought a Camaro if they did not have a convertible. It would just be a car otherwise.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #79
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
If you want to wear a permagrin all the time go for the Vert !
I trade in my coupe once the vert came out. The coupe was great but the vert is the best.
Something more from something less !
Old 09-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #80
kevinw

well, just got back from 2 dealers today. each one sold a 13 2LT vert last week and the one i have been eyeing for a month and a half remains. took my 9 yr old son this afternoon to sit in car again. not a good idea lol. he loved it when the top went down. now he wants that car. but i had him sit in back seat with front seat forward to compare room to my current 98 firebird. more width but he managed. the drivers seat has a small tear in leather, very small. salesman said they would fix and discount car more, or replace entire back and not discout it. again, car has 65 miles on it, but was built sept 12, so a year ago. is all black with again, 19 inch wheels, NON RS. this is what i want for daily driver, not summer only. all i see at other dealers is RS or on cars.com, most RS, or just 1 LT with 18's on them. so, he to recheck rebates monday, they went back to 1500. the car would be fun, but all black vert would be some extra maintaince than a coupe. decisions, decisions. ...
Old 09-08-2013, 12:52 AM   #81
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
Be careful when it comes to financing and the tear in the leather. The dealer where I bought my car assured me a door ding would be fixed, and then absolutely refused while we negotiated during the financing stage. They told me I could walk, or accept the door ding. So just keep in mind, the salesman may say they'll fix it, but he's not the boss. Just a heads up
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #82
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaphappy View Post
Be careful when it comes to financing and the tear in the leather. The dealer where I bought my car assured me a door ding would be fixed, and then absolutely refused while we negotiated during the financing stage. They told me I could walk, or accept the door ding. So just keep in mind, the salesman may say they'll fix it, but he's not the boss. Just a heads up
I can't believe they would refuse to fix a door ding on a new car...maybe a used one but not a new one. I hope you walked or got them to fix it either way.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #83
kevinw

thanks for the heads up. i have everything typed up, for my negotitations. i have 1st proposal, 2nd if they balk , and 3rd if they balk. i will get everything in writing before i sign or accept anything. its just basic CYA. this salesman i been dealing with for couple months, i would have wore out my welocome long ago, but he knows i am picky, and very detailed and i have all the invoice numbers memorized. i have been back many times looking, and trying to think of everything i possibly can. thanks
Old 09-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #84
kevinw

Would a new 13 vert built a year ago and sitting outside shiuld it still have new car smell to it? seems like it diesnt but maybe verts outside are like this been looking at it since july