Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Arrow Abigail Begins Her Makeover Updated 1/30/14 [COTW 9/14/15]

As of 2015

Exterior:
ACS T3 Bumper
Street Scene Lower Grill Ducts
Street Scene Lower Grill
ZL1 Rockers
Havoc Rear Diffuser
RkSport Ram Air Hood
Seibon ST Trunk
Painted white stripes and Painted Gill Stripes
ACS T4 splitter
ACS T4 undertray
ACS Wind deflectors

Interior:
IOM center console
IOM center gauges
IOM wheel trim
IOM speedo trim
IOM door kick plates
Fesler Leather IOM stitched shift boot
IOM Hurst paddle shifters
IOM OEM radio face
Frameless mirror
SRP pedal set
SRP heel plate
Fire Extinguisher Mount w/ White Extinguisher

Suspension/Brakes:
RideTech Coilovers
Detroit speed Subframe/cradle bushings
DSE rear trailing arms
DSE toe links
DSE adjustable rear lower control arms
JDP Upper Control Arm Bushings
JDP Outer trailing arm bushings
Prothane front radius arm inserts
Pedders ZL1 Sway Bars
Painted IOM SS Brembos
Powerslot Slotted Front and Rear Rotors
Hawk HPS Pads
Stainless Steel Lines

Engine:
Injen Long Tube CAI
Vmax Ported Throttle Body
IPF Tune
BBK Headers with High Flo Cats
MRT v2 exhaust
Elite Catch Can
Vitesse throttle controller

Wheels/Tires:
OEM 10 Spokes (1LE/ZL1) Powder coated white with IOM trim
275/315 Continental DWS

-------

The beginning

I've had my Camaro for almost two years. Her name is Abigail. I chose that name mainly because I can call her Abs for short and the abs in the body are one of the strongest arreas and only get stronger as you work with them so it seemed right with a car that will only get more and more mods.

This summer I have a lot of parts coming in and wanted to start my build thread. I've finally hav enough money to change a lot of things at once.

Here is how she looks currently

And this is the only mod that I have done so far which is an MRT V2 exhaust. I put this on a little over a year ago and I've loved it ever since. I love being stealthy when I have too and I love being loud when I floor it.

Today I was going to post this thread which would have just given that back story of my car and what I plan on doing but today had other plans for me instead.

I'll start with the other day as I installed my SRP racing pedals (grid black and anodized) which i love the new look and I can feel the grip difference too. The added piece on the gas pedal took a little getting used to while breaking but I got it down rather quickly.

So today is the last day I'll be with my Camaro for two weeks as I am going on vacation with my parents to visit my grandfather who has been in and out of the hospital a lot lately.

I decide to take my baby out for one last drive so I might miss her a little less while I'm away but I know this won't come to pass.

I was driving for about 30 minutes when I decide to go on my favorite road, which is a county road with a great view and lots of turns but very narrow. This one trip however would not be a good one.

I hit the speed limit (45 mph) and was starting to break to go into a bending curve which I've done many times before and my right front tire blew out. The entire car went to the right and I tried as hard as I could to keep her on the road. I smashed into the curb and grinded along that for about 50ft I did manage to not hit the sign posts or go deeper into the ditch.

My right front tire is shredded and my left front tire is almost shredded from biting down onto the road when the car was slidding towards and along the curb. Both wheels on the right side have a lot of curb rash on them. I did not mess up the exterior body work at all though.

However it does get worse... When the wheel hit the curb and road it my front right suspension was torn to shreds. When we put it on the tow truck while the front left tire was straight the right front was doing its own thing. It was hard getting it onto the truck as I had to fight the power steering to straighten her out.

The worst thought I have of this is that we leave for Ohio tomorrow and the dealership that we had to drop her off at was already closed and no one will look at her until Monday morning...

That wait worries me like no other and I already feel terrible but I did everything I could.

Here are some of the photos of what Abigail looks like now

-------

I hope that my insurance covers everything and she gets taken care of while I'm away but looking ahead these are the things I am going to add or change.

1. ACS T3 Bumper (from Gary)
2. GM GFX Front Splitter
3. Havoc Side Skirts (from Gary)
4. Havoc Rear Diffuser (from Gary)
5. Eibach Lowering Springs

Hopefully I get good news on Monday. I'll update when I know more.

Thanks for lookin,

Geoff

Last edited by Aequitas & Veritas; 08-30-2015 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Updated date
Aequitas & Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
That suck's. Hope it works out for you.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #3
Aequitas & Veritas

Insurance dragged there feet for a few weeks but I finally have my Camaro back. Everything looks good minus the right rear wheel that still has some curb rash as insurance didn't do that.

So sometime soon I will be installing my new items when they arrive! And I'll post plenty of photos.

Oh and does anyone want to buy a new front stock pirelli pzero? Insurance covered a new tire and I don't need it since I'll be using my 20's for the winter. It has 10 miles on it (dealer to car wash to my house). Let me know if anyone wants it.

*Parts on the way
ACS T3 Bumper (from Gary), GM GFX Front Splitter, Havoc Side Skirts (from Gary), Havoc Rear Diffuser (from Gary), Eibach Lowering Springs, Injen Long Tube CAI

Last edited by Aequitas & Veritas; 11-02-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Looking foward to seeing the mods done............

I too had a battle with with USAA on almost $22,000 in damages, they only paid $12,000
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
Aequitas & Veritas

So am I, cannot wait to start having boxes show up!

That sucks. USAA has lost a little respect from me after this incident, but what can ya do about it.

Everything else is on schedule

Old 07-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #6
73vette

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, 1973 Corvette
Can't wait to see the new mods getting added on. I wish mine was IOM!!!! I'd throw flat black stripes on with a Sinister hood.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #7
Aequitas & Veritas

Yeah, I'm excited too! I like the way the white pops, going to have my wheels powdercoated white to match the stripes. It's something different and many will probably not like it but I think I will.

My Injen came in on Friday but didn't post photos. So here is one

Should get my springs today too! Then just gotta wait for my stuff from Gary

Old 07-12-2011, 11:56 AM   #8
hardestysa
Creator/Bad Vibe & ZBLUES

Drives: 2013 ZL1
are you going to paint the gfx or keep them stock?
hardestysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #9
Aequitas & Veritas

Thanks for commenting I love your build!

But anyways lol, yeah I'm going to have it all painted IOM, I had Gary paint the skirts, and diffuser.

I called my dealer and they said it'd be cheaper to paint it and install everything at the same time. So I'm still playing the waiting game before I can do anything productive really.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #10
hardestysa
Creator/Bad Vibe & ZBLUES

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
Thanks for commenting I love your build!

But anyways lol, yeah I'm going to have it all painted IOM, I had Gary paint the skirts, and diffuser.

I called my dealer and they said it'd be cheaper to paint it and install everything at the same time. So I'm still playing the waiting game before I can do anything productive really.

Well I think your talking about me when you say... you love my build. so thank you.. if you meant someone else then all I can say is "AWKWARD".. but yes, waiting is such the hardest part.

I wish that god would grant me patience.. RIGHT NOW!!!!
hardestysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #11
Aequitas & Veritas

Haha yes I was talking to you hardestysa, so no awkwardness

My Eibach Springs just arrived!

Old 07-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #12
Aequitas & Veritas

Changed some things about my build list and put some things into my future mods

1. ACS T3 Bumper (from Gary) -- in the mail
2. --------
3. Havoc Side Skirts (from Gary) -- in the mail
4. Havoc Rear Diffuser (from Gary) -- in the mail
5. Eibach Lowering Springs -- waiting to install
6. Injen CAI -- waiting to install
7. General G-Max AS-03 all seasons going to go on my MS 20" -- should ship out soon
8. Street Scene Lower Grill Ducts -- should ship out soon (will be painting IOM)

As for future mods that I have my eye on

- Painted IOM Antenna
- Painted IOM Main Gauge Cluster
- Painted IOM Tail Light Bezels

Buying mods is a problem...but I cannot stop myself. I think I have a problem...

Last edited by Aequitas & Veritas; 11-02-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #13
Aequitas & Veritas

1. ACS T3 Bumper (from Gary) -- waiting to install
2. ------
3. Havoc Side Skirts (from Gary) -- waiting to install
4. Havoc Rear Diffuser (from Gary) -- waiting to install
5. Eibach Lowering Springs -- waiting to install
6. Injen CAI -- waiting to install
7. General G-Max AS-03 all seasons going to go on my MS 20" -- waiting to install
8. Street Scene Lower Grill Ducts -- should ship out soon (will be painting IOM)
9. Had to go with the normal SS Brembos instead of the CTS-V's -- should ship out monday
10. Powerslot/Stoptech Slotted Front and Rear Rotors -- should ship out today
11. Hawk HPS Pads -- shipping out Monday
12. Stainless Steel Lines -- shipping out Monday

Here are my photos of all my parts. Waiting on my brake set up and then I'll be on my way to having them installed. I wish I had the tools to do it myself, but it should be by late next week!

Stack of tires

Injen intake and Eibach springs

Lip and tires

I wonder what's in this box?

Three beautifully painted things from Gary (ACS Bumper, Heritage Grill, Havoc Diffuser)

*not pictured are my Havoc Side Skirts that Gary also painted. I would have taken photos of those but I opened those in the house and my cat wouldn't leave them alone...He knows good things when he sees them.

I cannot thank Gary enough for being awesome!

Last edited by Aequitas & Veritas; 11-02-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #14
Aequitas & Veritas

Here are my Slotted Rotors

Picture of my Brake Pads (I know very exciting!)

Here are the calipers before I painted them. I just don’t like that nasty color they are. No idea what color it is called either. Plus having the word Chevrolet and Brembo seems a little much so I did away with both.

Here is after I painted them with 900 degree caliper paint. Took forever to mask off and get the brake lines off but it was worth it and I think they turned out pretty good. (The rest look the same this was just the best photo of them off the car at the moment)

Just dropped her off at the shop

Some boxes that were left with her

And here is my sad goodbye, but when I see her again she’ll be so much better

¬

While she was at my shop I was passing my time by watching Top Gear (both the UK and US versions) and trying to sort out more upgrades.

Here is one that I wanted to do because I personally hate chrome on cars. I just don’t like the look on mine, some cars it looks good but not if I own it. This is what my license plate looked like before

And here it is after

Here are the pieces I used

-Automotive TouchUP Adhesion Promoter
-Automotive TouchUp IOM Basecoat
-Automotive TouchUp Clearcoat
-Automotive TouchUp White Paint Pen

I'll probably paint a few more things too. I’m thinking of painting the black cover pieces under the boot that are right above the taillight bezels. And I am going to paint my bezels, just wouldn’t be able to do all four with the paint I have left over.

Photos of her completed!! (sorry it’s been raining all day, will have way better photos when I get back to campus)

Her at the lot at my body shop

Installed after I took the photos lol

Well the summer has come to a close and so have my upgrades. I hope you enjoyed the journey from the top of the page to the bottom, if you’ve read all of the captions that is! But the mod bug has hit me too hard and I know I have a problem but I want to make my car mine so I’m almost there…Sort of, so stay tuned.

Like always comments are welcomed and some things might not agree with everyone but it’s the internet, hater’s are going to hate.

~Two Worlds Racing

Last edited by Aequitas & Veritas; 11-02-2013 at 09:13 PM.