Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #43
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
manual is way more fun to drive. wont ever buy an auto until my left leg doesn't work anymore.
+2

I had to drive a rental this week for travel, and naturally it was a auto and I can't tell you how many times my left foot was looking for a clutch.

To me, to be more in tune with the road, more focused on driving, the auto just doesn't deliver in those areas like a manual does.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #44
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle8001 View Post
Well the bottom line is I would like some in put fro all you guys with either. I want a manual wife wants an auto(she can't drive a manual). Auto guys how do you like them, manual guys the same. This is a toy not a dd.
If it were me and I was about to buy a top of the line Camaro just for kicks nothing in the Universe would stop me from buying it with a manual. My wife could be Helen of Troy with her ass on fire and it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference.

In other words...you shouldn't listen to me on this one.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #45
Turtle8001

Drives: 2013 ZL1 6spd blk 5 spokes
Sorry I've been busy all day. Took the misses out in the 71. Lord. I won't no till Tuesday on the blk 6 SPd manual. I will say this, it will be a while before she runs the z. God bless gm for the good old 4 SPd.
Turtle8001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #46
KRIS10

Drives: 2010 2SS Black and Inferno Orange
I have auto and my husband has manual. When I drive his camaro I don't feel cool in it eventhough its aqua blue and gorgeous cuz I feel like I can't relax and enjoy my cruise. But I'm a terrible manual driver. He has admitted that sometimes he wished he had auto and both of our cars are weekend toys. Auto is much easier and faster on the track though.

Sent from my cammed Orange and Black using Tapatalk ♥
Old 09-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #47
OC ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 AGM
I LOVE the manual. IMO, the stick really provides the most of the driving sensation. The micro difference between the 0-60 of 1/4 mile couldn't be felt. Rowing the gears while going into corners can't be beat in this car. I was just out for an evening drive and I still have a big smile on my face.

Ultimately, you can't go wrong with either. You'll win with either choice!
Old 09-02-2013, 02:34 AM   #48
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Drives: 2011 VR M6
plus with manual you can skip shift if you're that lazy 1,2,3,5,6 or 1,2,4,6 you really dont need to shift EVERY gear to make the car move.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #49
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
For those that are limited either by traffic conditions, physical conditions or just cannot drive manual I'm sure they experience most of the thrills this car can produce! I have stated before that the 7:41:27 Nurburgring time was done in a MANUAL CAR! Real driving experience here!

ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #50
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Everyone's circumstance's is different so there is no perfect answer. This question gets asked a lot search will give you the information you need. I will say this though if you use your car a lot on a track,you have bad knees,your spouse drives it as well and hates manual or you deal with heavy city traffic auto makes perfect sense. The paddles are fun but for me i have to have manuals on my toys its 80% of the enjoyment. For people who never owned a manual all i can say is be open minded about it and give it a chance. Hope this helps and good luck.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #51
Hamilton's14_ZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1 Camaro
I bought the manual. I've honestly never driven an automatic with PS but I'd like to. Manual does get old in traffic at times. The hill assist might make it easier for someone that's new to a manual. I'm not that crazy about it but it's only because I'm not used to it.

Hamilton's14_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #52

Drives: Getaway Special
If you just love pushing a clutch in 95% of the time you are not racing, go for it. Now for the 5/% of time you are racing you think you'd like having a tranny that holds the torque curves until it is actually time to shift, and it knows just when to do it, and does it without a glitch, get the auto. And never have to buy a clutch. Plus, you will be able to handle that soda pop while you're focused on the HUD screen!
Old 09-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #53
Mvp_Me
I Use Three Pedals

Drives: 2011 VR M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
If you just love pushing a clutch in 95% of the time you are not racing, go for it. Now for the 5/% of time you are racing you think you'd like having a tranny that holds the torque curves until it is actually time to shift, and it knows just when to do it, and does it without a glitch, get the auto. And never have to buy a clutch. Plus, you will be able to handle that soda pop while you're focused on the HUD screen!
I still do it in the M6
Old 09-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #54
dixonk

Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvp_Me View Post
I still do it in the M6
I have no problem with a drink in my car. Use a 16 oz thermos every time I'm in the car.
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:43 PM   #55
onewaydave
Innocent Bystander

Drives: 2013 ZL1 BRM/2002 35th SS/2009 GMC
I like the Manual just so I can shift. I only drive the car for recreation and if it was my daily driver would have gotten the Auto. However the Launch Control is really cool!

Living on the RaGgEd EdGe!
onewaydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #56
ZL1DropTop

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
I got the auto and I love it although sometimes I do wish I could run through the gears with a shifter (not paddle shifters).

But like I said, I love it, this auto trans is really pretty awesome.

I chose the auto because my wife is disabled (arm is paralyzed from a car accident). I may have chosen the manual if that wasn't the case, but I'm really satisfied with my auto nonetheless.
ZL1DropTop is offline   Reply With Quote