Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
Joseph92

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Exclamation 2011 CAMARO RATTLE PLEASE HELP (EXHAUST)

I drive a 2011 Camaro 2SS automatic.

I have this rattle that is coming from the the floor board area of the passenger seat. It sounds like it is coming from the exhaust. I have been dealing with this for over a year now and the dealerships that I have been too either cant hear the problem or they say it is a heatsheild and they say they fixed it but I always come back with the same problem.

This only happens when the car is in drive and there are times when you can hear it really well and other times when you cant really hear it at all. I know it is not the AFM because that makes a different sound than what I am hearing. The rattle sounds like a metal water pipe in your home wall that start making noises when air gets in the pipe, but of course it has a different tone. I was just trying to compair it to something that makes the same ryhthm, but the it sounds like metal on metal.

It also depends on how I am driving. I notice it really only happens when i am driving normally then when I press the gas suddenly the rattle will happen for only a seconds or let off the gas witchever comes first.

They have checked everything thing and everything is tight and I have checked myself. I am sure it is from the exhaust somewhere.

I also know that there is a TSB on this but it is for the 2010 Camaro. I can not find it for the 2011 Camaro. I am also looking for the TSB on the heater core grugle but I only see one for the 2010 Camaro.

Please help.
Joseph92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Joseph92,

Sorry to hear about the noise that you are hearing in your 2011 Camaro. I would give diagnostics at your dealership another try. Perhaps you can ride with someone in the service department to show them the noise you are hearing. Let us know if you need any further assistance with this!

Ashley
Chevrolet Customer Assistance
Old 12-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
Joseph92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Joseph92,

Sorry to hear about the noise that you are hearing in your 2011 Camaro. I would give diagnostics at your dealership another try. Perhaps you can ride with someone in the service department to show them the noise you are hearing. Let us know if you need any further assistance with this!

Ashley
I have already done that many times. They either claim they cant hear it or after they hear it they cant figure out were it is.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Joseph92,

I am sorry to hear this. I'd be happy to set up a case for you. Are you willing to visit the dealership once more?

Ashley
Old 12-05-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
Joseph92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Joseph92,

I am sorry to hear this. I'd be happy to set up a case for you. Are you willing to visit the dealership once more?

Ashley

I am going to PM you.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #6
cammy7

Drives: 2LT/ RS
Smile

Joseph92, my camaro has the same problem, the dealer found that the heat shield was rubbing against the exhaust system. They were able to fix the problem within a day.
cammy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
Joseph92

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy7 View Post
Joseph92, my camaro has the same problem, the dealer found that the heat shield was rubbing against the exhaust system. They were able to fix the problem within a day.
Really well that is good.

I had my heat shields checked aswell and they adjusted all of them but I still have the issue but maybe they did not do it enough. I will have it all checked out again. But I just need this fixed now because I have been dealing with this for a year and a half now.

But do you know what they did to fix it?
Old 12-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #8
Joseph92

Exclamation 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Rattle

Does anyone have drive a 2011 Camaro V8 that has or had a rattle sound that is coming from the passenger side floor board. It is a metal on metal sound. Sounds like it is from the exhaust. I am just wondering if anyone else out there with a 2011 has or had this problem and what they did to fix it.

Thank you
Old 12-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #9
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Need details. Is the car stock? When does the rattle occur? Is it more like a pinging sound or a buzzing sound?
Old 12-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #10
Joseph92

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Need details. Is the car stock? When does the rattle occur? Is it more like a pinging sound or a buzzing sound?

The car is stock. Except for the cold air intake. Occurs only when driving. For example, I will be going 40 then when I want to go faster you will hear the AFM switch to 8 and make a grunt sound (normal) then it will rattle for a few seconds on the passenger side only. And it is more of a buzzing sound.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #11
TMAJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
I'm having the same exact problem in my 2SS manual an its been going on for about a year but mine is not stock
TMAJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 camaro, 2011 camaro issues, exhaust, passenger floor board, rattle, tsb