Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-06-2008, 01:02 AM   #71
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
not a bad idea at all...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:05 AM   #72
sdimess84

Drives: 1996 SS S10
Snazy looking!
sdimess84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:39 AM   #73
Kamaro223
Kamaro223

Drives: 2016 RS/LT Camaros
Id like to see a profile shot of the SS bumper. I think the lower lines are kinda rediculous in the pic on [I]Camaro Lives On[I] signature.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:47 AM   #74
K-soldier

Drives: mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Nissan
I think the problem with the bumper is that if you look at the lower bumper grill pattern its different than the upper grill the lower grill lines are much finer and the line patterns are different than the upper grill which it has lots of space in between the lines compare the one on the bumper. I believe the change that should be done is to make the line pattern match. it just doesn't match eachother.
K-soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:50 AM   #75
K-soldier

Drives: mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Nissan
I personally think the coupe looks better. the concept coupe looks sick but i'm not sure about this one, its just doesn't apeal to me much but hey I haven't seen this one in person and its a pre pro. just my opinion
K-soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:54 AM   #76
Camaro82

Drives: 370z
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-soldier View Post
I think the problem with the bumper is that if you look at the lower bumper grill pattern its different than the upper grill the lower grill lines are much finer and the line patterns are different than the upper grill which it has lots of space in between the lines compare the one on the bumper. I believe the change that should be done is to make the line pattern match. it just doesn't match eachother.
Camaro82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:17 AM   #77
WILHELM

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydude26 View Post
then whats the point of writing anything since like you say nobody cares...its a forum to discuss opinions...

and who said i was going to buy a mustang??

just because some people have a certain taste doesn't make them tools...

this thing still looks like an iver and we really haven't seen a completely done ss...that front bumper makes the ss look incomplete...i can gaurantee reviewers will question why they changed the front bumper and that its less attractive
+1
Old 08-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #78
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Is it possible that there is a Base V6 front fascia, an RS fascia, a Base SS fascia, and an RS/SS fascia?

Maybe this is just the Base SS fascia and the RS/SS hasn't been seen yet.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:40 AM   #79
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Well, GM hasn't started building the cars yet and there is still time for them to use the V6 bumper on all the models and ditch the SS bumper, or at least give people the option to choose or pre-order one bumper or the other for the V8/SS/RS model.. During extreme closeups it looks alright, but the fact that we are here trying to convince ourselves that it looks good is to me not a good sign. The problem we all face is that the V6 bumper looks so very close to the concept and all those pictures taken at the reveals look great.So it is very hard to accept these changes as looking equal or better for many of us. I do wish GM would come out with more pictures of the SS bumper all cleaned up and in SS/RS form in all different angles but they haven't yet. This makes me think they are still contemplating whether or not to use it at all.. There is still enough time to clean the slate and switch the bumper all around to the concepts closest lookalike which is the V6 bumper or like I said earlier, to allow for people to order whichever they wanted during pre-order for the V8 models.. I love looking at pictures of the concept all thru production so here are some good ones. To me the only differences I wish the V8 had, was simply adding the slot on the hood and use the V6 bumper in the pics below. That would make it look almost exactly like the concept and still differentiate the V8 model with the V6..

concept

V6/RS

pre-pro V8 convertible

Last edited by Supermans; 08-06-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:44 AM   #80
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
I will not buy one...forget it. Those huge LEFT HAND DRIVE stickers ruin the entire car for me! Guess I need to head over to the Ford Store and get a Mustang. How could they do that to what was a beautiful design?
toesuf94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:56 AM   #81
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
I will not buy one...forget it. Those huge LEFT HAND DRIVE stickers ruin the entire car for me! Guess I need to head over to the Ford Store and get a Mustang. How could they do that to what was a beautiful design?
What are you talking about?? The left and right lane turn signals?? To me those are perfect and you want people to know when you are turning left and right.. The V6.RS package and all the professional pictures taken of the car look great. I am very happy to see them and I know GM did an excellent job keeping as true to the concept as possible. All of the changes had to be made because of Government regulations. The car is much safer now than it ever could be keeping it a clone of the concept.. be glad there are some changes...I'm getting a V8 regardless of the bumper unless after I see both in person I end up staring at the V6 a whole lot more...However I really want 422HP or more at my command with monster torque and better handling.. I really want to like the SS bumper as much as the V6, but most of the time when I see a picture of it, I simply don't.. However some closeups of it make it look good, others don't in comparison.. I'll just have to wait and see it in person before making a final decision.. But don't knock off the car simply because of one thing toesuf94.. and you described the camaro in 1 word in the thread below as mesmerizing....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...4393#post94393

Last edited by Supermans; 08-06-2008 at 10:13 AM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #82
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
i can't wait to see a complete one we haven't seen a production ss yet...

i wouldn't mind seeing the vert with the top down as well

and even though a lot of us may prefer the v6 bumper from the pics we saw

the ss bumper will probably exist as half the board likes that one as well...just make it easily interchangeable if you don't like it when you see it in person or make it an option ( i don't know if that would be complicated for them)

In the end its way better than the mustang no matter what front fascia it has...
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:07 AM   #83
dadgordon

Drives: "95 grandcherokee/fordminivan
The only problem I see with it is Australia's gettin it first WHERE"S MINE DAMMIT!
dadgordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:08 AM   #84
johns07sierra

Drives: Black 07 GMC Sierra
Would it be possible to take the Sat antenna and put it in the little spoiler on the trunk? I'm just wondering.
johns07sierra is offline   Reply With Quote