Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 09-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #295
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Arno is the man, no more exhaust popping or misfires. AFR is at 12 during boost. Now I just need to get my ported intake back and hit the track.

I need to do an AFR check on the Mustang, might find more power.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #296
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Arno is the man, no more exhaust popping or misfires. AFR is at 12 during boost. Now I just need to get my ported intake back and hit the track.

I need to do an AFR check on the Mustang, might find more power.
Since you go to the track quite a bit, have you thought about going once without the ported manifold and see how the car does there like that? It'll help get a comparison with and without the manifold as well as tell u everything is working well with thr car before the manifold.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #297
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Since you go to the track quite a bit, have you thought about going once without the ported manifold and see how the car does there like that? It'll help get a comparison with and without the manifold as well as tell u everything is working well with thr car before the manifold.
I don't think there be that much difference. but you better not waste time. winter is aroundthe corner.
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #298
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
I don't think so either but it also allows for him to see that the tune and the supercharger are working well before the manifold. That way you can rule out the supercharger and tune for any problems that may occur in the future.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #299
MagnumForceGB

I've thought about changing the manifold while at the track, but the fuel trim relearn will probably throw the results off. Can't go this Friday, car show Saturday morning and I'm hoping to get some revenge against a Mustang driver.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #300
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Sweet...now it sounds like your tune is pretty much dialed in and the car should definitely be making more power than before whether you can feel it or not.

I say track her with the current intake you are running a time or two, and then run with the ported one. Completely agree with what lscamaro is saying.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #301
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Keep us posted...
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #302
Dyk-NO
Trust me I'm a Scientist.

Drives: My wifey ;P
those painted valve covers looks nice! do you have a write up on it? coz thats all I can afford for now lol

Mods: RotoFab CAI, SW Headers, HiFlo Cats, Borla Atak Catback, Nightfury Cam, Ported Heads,Intake,TB, melling pump, Morosso Oil Separator.
Dyk-NO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #303
MagnumForceGB

Well, Camaro5 deleted my reply about how to paint them from the massive DB failure. Just remove the Intake Manifold, Ignition Coils, and the bolts on holding the valve cover on. Tape and paint, its simple but time consuming.

An update, car is running extremely good now, got Denso ITV22 spark plugs, I fixed a exhaust leak in the passenger side header that was small, but showed up on the gasket. The driver side I think has a minor leak also, will be taking it off soon to inspect it. I'm thinking its leaking because I don't feel any heat coming off the passenger side but I am feeling it from the drivers side.

Next fix is the tires, I floored it in 2nd gear and spun my tires all the way from 3k to 6k RPM's on a roll.

Also won 1st place yesterday in a car show hosted by the local Mustang club. Wife's Mustang won 1st place in her class also, so it was a good day. Made even better when the douche we used to live by got pissed off and left early because my wife had the popular vote.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #304
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
Haha once a douche always a douche. Keep it up
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #305
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
An update, car is running extremely good now, got Denso ITV22 spark plugs, I fixed a exhaust leak in the passenger side header that was small, but showed up on the gasket. The driver side I think has a minor leak also, will be taking it off soon to inspect it. I'm thinking its leaking because I don't feel any heat coming off the passenger side but I am feeling it from the drivers side.
So plugs are now equivalent to NGK Spark Plugs #739-LTR7IX-11, one step cooler than stock.

I had the Denso 22's in mine after the initial S/C install with 0.031 gap and understand the car ran well.

What gap did you go with? I'm curious cuz I was just about to put the NGK's in mine at 0.036 because of some of the issues you've been having with misfires.

The car's been running well with stock plugs/gap, but I'm gonna put the ported IM and Rx spacer on at the same time and expect to be pushing her a little harder. Thought the cooler plugs might be good insurance.

Opinions welcome... Thanks!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #306
MagnumForceGB

They came gapped at 0.031 and I didn't touch them, didn't want to damage the iridium tip. Still waiting on my ported intake, but I need to get this stalling issue fixed, think its a TCM problem.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #307
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
They came gapped at 0.031 and I didn't touch them, didn't want to damage the iridium tip. Still waiting on my ported intake, but I need to get this stalling issue fixed, think its a TCM problem.
Other IPF SC owners have had stalling issues before....for some reason it seems like a common deal, but in every case they have been able to correct it with tune updates. Hopefully yours won't be an exception.

So close to perfection!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #308
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
^ still on my stock plugs/gap and initial Sc tune and runs great. Cant wait for you to get your Ported manifold back