Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 04-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #1
gac458

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
Camaros on the ground in Houston

I just spoke to my brother, he works across the road from this dealer ship, and he told me Lone Star Chevrolet in Jeresy Village has 15 new Camaros on their lot as of Tuesday 4/21/09. Not sure what models but I am guessing they are V'6 versions based on the vin report on that is on this website. Suppose to be the cars for the May 6 unviel and caravan event in Houston.

:hea dbang:
gac458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
Dinky Toy

Drives: 2LT/RS A6 CGM/IO Zaino
Yes!
I had to go out there and see for myself as my office is in that corner just of the 610 loop.
Only 13.5 miles and about 1 hour drive........ in rush hour.

Didn't count them but there were plenty and even more inside being detailed and also out on "test drives" with 1 of the mechanics.

Sadly, only the standard silver, yellow, red and black colors although the sales guy tried to make me believe there was 1 other color somewhere inside but wouldn't divulge.
All V6's and lots of RS's, black cloth and leather only and didn't see or look for a manual...

The last photo is of a black one which just returned from a test drive and sounded dead calm at idle pulling into the parking spot and also when started remotely.......................................... but made a nice sound under acceleration according the mechanic.

Apparently Lone Star Chevrolet is the staging area for the greater Houston area and there will be some 50 cars by the first week of May before the great happening...

Part of the staged fleet is GM owned and not for sale but display only and the rest are dealer cars (unclear whether customer ordered or not).

If you want to look you can go on the lot but they are in the "employees only" section on the NE side of the lot.
You can however see them directly behind the fence from NW Station Dr. which is quiet enough to park on.

Lone Star Chevrolet
18900 Northwest Fwy
Jersey Village, TX 77065
(281) 653-8345

Sun Closed
Mon-Sat 9:00 AM-9:00 PM
Attached Images

Dinky Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:11 PM   #3
Dinky Toy

Drives: 2LT/RS A6 CGM/IO Zaino
Can someone please tell me AND everyone else how to get the photo's below each other (next to each other is just damn right annoying ).

And please don't hate on my english in this or the above post, I am a foreigner.
Dinky Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:53 PM   #4
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Woohoo! Guess where I'm going during lunch tomorrow. Maybe I'll be able to avoid the hour long drive that way.

Thanks for the pictures!
rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:10 PM   #5
Toons
Speed Racer

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Woohoo! Guess where I'm going during lunch tomorrow. Maybe I'll be able to avoid the hour long drive that way.

Thanks for the pictures!
Hey take pictures of the brake calipers while you are there and look for the weights....hopefully the dealer goons won't think you are a Ford spy or something!
Toons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:16 PM   #6
TStko
TKO

Drives: you crazy...
good work, man!

cars are like women, some are old, some are new, some get turned on easily some need a lot more help, some you just wanna drive into the river, some you can't wait to get inside of, some are expensive to maintain, some are low maintenance, however if you treat them right, you'll have her for the rest of your life.....
TStko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:20 PM   #7
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toons View Post
Hey take pictures of the brake calipers while you are there and look for the weights....hopefully the dealer goons won't think you are a Ford spy or something!
DinkyToy said they were all v6 cars so none of them will have the SS Brembo brakes and the weights.

I'm more interested in seeing Victory Red in person to make sure I'm happy with the color before I place an order.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:44 PM   #8
MrDew

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #165
What are the odds of test driving one? (before, at or after the unveiling?)
MrDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:46 PM   #9
LS/V6

Drives: 2SS\RS 1LE
I wish one of those were mine!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 12:52 AM   #10
manchimp

Drives: 2010 CGM 2ss
I went and saw two 2ss's at Champion Chevrolet on HWY 6 today. Even able to sit in one! Awesome to finally have some here in person! Hey LS/V6...you are the 4th or 5th fellow Richmond person I have sen on here. It looks like we will have plenty of them around our neck of the woods!
manchimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:21 AM   #11
DETROIT2010Camaro

Drives: ALL Chevys
wow....
DETROIT2010Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:12 AM   #12
boatingbent

Drives: 69 Pontiac Firebird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinky Toy View Post
Can someone please tell me AND everyone else how to get the photo's below each other (next to each other is just damn right annoying ).

And please don't hate on my english in this or the above post, I am a foreigner.

Hey NL ...I am from DK
boatingbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:05 AM   #13
rolnslo
Rolling along...

So, I stopped by Lone Star Chevrolet this morning (instead of going to work first). They have 25 Camaros on the lot (1 in the showroom, 1 in the PDI area, 1 in the service department and 22 parked out back awaiting PDI). All of them are either red, yellow, silver or black. All are v6 automatics. All are either 1LT or 2LT, some with the RS package. Mixture of black and gray interiors in both cloth and leather.

No, I didn't take any more pictures...I think the ones already in this thread do a good enough job of showing the cars. You really should just go see them in person as soon as you can - pictures do not do the Camaro justice. It's awesome in person!

I spoke with Mike Thomason for about an hour this morning. Here's what he had to say about the cars:

1. None of them, except for the Rally Yellow one in the showroom belong to Lone Star. GM is sending a total of 50 of them to Lone Star Chevy as a holding area for the May 7th unveil and caravan across Houston.

2. None of them are available for test drives yet - most will be available somewhere in Houston after the May 7th get together for test drives.

3. He doesn't have all the details about the May 7th get together yet but will email me once he does. He is not sure if they will be allowing test drives at the event or not.

It was so worth coming in late to work this morning just to go see the cars. Mike took me out to the back lot so I could take a look at the cars close up.

I have to say that Victory Red looks awesome on this car. It is the proper red for a sports car like the Camaro and is definitely what I'll be ordering now. The red 1LT/RS in the PDI area had a black cloth interior and looks good...suits the car much better than the gray cloth interior of the silver LS I saw at the Houston Auto Show.

Black looks great on the car but I just don't want the upkeep it takes to keep it looking like that.

Silver definitely suits the lines on the car and highlights all the right creases - those that picked it will definitely like it.

Yellow, well, it's certainly bright and attention getting. Kind of hides some of the lines but it looks good nonetheless.

Mike showed me a IOM Avalanche and said the color looks a lot better (and more fitting) on the Camaro he saw at the recent Houston dealer training session. I like IOM but it is a strange paint. From a distance it looks like non-metallic orange but, man, get up close and the metallic just pops. Orange is not for me though.

If you live in Houston and can get out to Lone Star Chevrolet, do it! If for no other reason than to see that many Camaros in one place at one time.

PS: Mike said that Lone Star still has about 10 allocations (28 initial plus GM gave them an additional 12) available but they are currently asking for $2k over MSRP with a $2k deposit to place the order. I told him that I'd just pit them against Classic Chevrolet to get mine at or below MSRP. He said they don't mind competing against Classic since both of them are one of the few honest and trustworthy dealers in Houston.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:07 AM   #14
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Oh, one last thing...according to Mike, these are all production cars - no CTF. The one VIN I did look at was in the 2800 range.