Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-11-2010, 11:38 PM   #29
VcrusaderV

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
I know a lot of folks knock the GM MTX sub kit, but I have been very happy with it so far. That and its a GM option for someone that wants to keep a car "pure". I am that way.

2010 2SS Camaro (sold)
2010 ZL 427 Camaro (sold)
2012 ZL-1 Camaro (sold)
2018 ZL-1 Camaro
VcrusaderV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:16 AM   #30
Duper

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
haha thanks but the link does not work lol
JBL's site is down... try it again tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:04 AM   #31
Scotimus

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
what would you wire that up too and how i am a complete newbie on this but i want to the something like that in the trunk

I dont understand the question here, Sorry.
Scotimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #32
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I added a 10/12 JL sub in two boxes either side of trunk along with a JL 250 amp to run both. Works fine. I put bass blockers in all the highs so I could get a little more power out of the highs.

However, ultimately, I'd like to add a 5 channel new JL amp with 75x4 and 300x1 using my existing amp for the 10". I'd also like to change out all my speakers with any higher quality speaker...BA makes good speakers...but the stock ones just aren't the best. I'd take BA, JL, JBL, doesn't matter.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #33
Scotimus

So a guy I work with happens to have one of these available:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_2065C12...w&rvm=ShowAllt

He bought 2 for his mustang, and ended up only using 1. He's asking 60 for it. My only concern is that it would be over powering. Am I better off sticking with the 10" kicker and amp that they offer at ********?
Old 11-12-2010, 09:39 AM   #34
seddon

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotimus View Post
So a guy I work with happens to have one of these available:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_2065C12...w&rvm=ShowAllt

He bought 2 for his mustang, and ended up only using 1. He's asking 60 for it. My only concern is that it would be over powering. Am I better off sticking with the 10" kicker and amp that they offer at ********?
You can use that sub if you like then you will just have to find an amp. The ******** package just makes it easier for people that don't know too much and wanna just add some bass. He is basically selling a DIY kit.
seddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #35
Scotimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by seddon View Post
You can use that sub if you like then you will just have to find an amp. The ******** package just makes it easier for people that don't know too much and wanna just add some bass. He is basically selling a DIY kit.
Yeah i'm all for making things easier, I'm still thinking that is the best bet for what I want to do. Does it really matter which side I put the sub on? I figured it'll sound the same regardless, but is the drivers side or passenger side easier for one reason or another?
Old 11-14-2010, 07:19 PM   #36
Scotimus

Disconnected the center speaker tonight. That definitely helps. Now I definitely need to do the 1 10" sub and I think I'll have the sound I'm going for.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:24 AM   #37
Scotimus

Well I ordered my stuff last night. I got the drivers side 10" enclosure and the harness from ********. Ordered the Kicker amp and an infinity - reference sub from bestbuy. Figure everything should show up next week sometime. Never done this kind of install, guess I'll start checking online, it cant be too hard right?
Old 11-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #38
Chuuck
Airdale

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Well I ordered my stuff last night. I got the drivers side 10" enclosure and the harness from ********. Ordered the Kicker amp and an infinity - reference sub from bestbuy. Figure everything should show up next week sometime. Never done this kind of install, guess I'll start checking online, it cant be too hard right?
The only thing I can see being difficult is running the rca lines to the harness, not sure exactly where the harness goes to (amp or head unit) never read into it and running the remote wire for the amp. your battery is already in the trunk area so you can save money on amp wire by length, which you can buy by the length from any car audio shop. I know there is one behind lynnhaven mall that he carries good stuff and is fairly priced. Did have a business card on me but it seems to be in my other wallet. Depending on the power of the amp you have, may want to consider a capacitor to take some of the voltage drop off the car's electrical system and not dim the lights for any bass drops.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:24 PM   #39
Scotimus

Got everything installed today in between helpings of turkey and pie. And it sounds exactly how I hoped it would. That ******** harness is friggin awesome, talk about an easy install. I could've sworn that I read that people said the factory amp was in the trunk behind the passenger tail light, but mine was actually on the driver side. If I'd realized that I would've purchased the sub enclosure for the passenger side and the amp rack for the driver side from the ********. Oh well, everything works so I'm a happy camper.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:57 AM   #40
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
Quote:
Got everything installed today in between helpings of turkey and pie. And it sounds exactly how I hoped it would. That ******** harness is friggin awesome, talk about an easy install. I could've sworn that I read that people said the factory amp was in the trunk behind the passenger tail light, but mine was actually on the driver side. If I'd realized that I would've purchased the sub enclosure for the passenger side and the amp rack for the driver side from the ********. Oh well, everything works so I'm a happy camper.

congrats. yeah, driver's side.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:04 PM   #41
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duper View Post
If you want an amazing sound experience in your car, check out JBL's MS-8. It does exactly what they claim it does.
Agreed. Installed the JB MS-8 and it made a world of difference in my car.

My review: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116968
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:28 PM   #42
dcamarom
SoCal Family Member

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2LT/RS
I am also new in the audio area and would just like to get pointed in the right are. Also, some specs would be appreciated too. I would like to get new speakers in the front and back then two 10' subs in the trunk, and two amps(one for speakers one for subs). I know I want to try and stay with kickers, thanks!!
dcamarom is offline   Reply With Quote