Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #43
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
I'll take a sedan in white with the carbon fiber package please!!

Oh and I notice the 5th gen mail slot made it onto this. Wonder if it'll be functional...
Old 11-19-2014, 07:41 PM   #44
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Luxury & value don't really go all that well together. And I hardly see how its better to be the 'value' (low MSRP) luxury brand over being the 'discounted' (incentivized) luxury brand. If anything, its better to pile on the incentives because even if the price ends up the same, buyers can claim they got a good deal.
That's great if you're peddling a Chev, or a Ford, or a Dodge. That's NOT the way to get a Luxury intender.

Audi-BMW-Lexus-MB dealers don't have rolls of Scotch tape handy to fasten fat checks to their hoods. Supporting their large % of lease customers with attractive monthly number$ is the way it's done. Attractive finance rates get attention. A fat check simply tells potential customers that your window sticker is "fiction". After all, these intenders didn't get where they are by being tricked by "smoke 'n mirrors". Just one more thing for de Nysschen to "adjust".

Put a window sticker on them that reflects "reality". They fully understand "value". They may also shop @ Costco, on occasion, but they leave the furs and jewels at home when they go there.

As for production adjustments, they're already afoot.

Last edited by SEVEN-OH JOE; 11-19-2014 at 08:01 PM.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:28 PM   #45
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
To be brutally honest, I don't think the ATS-V has enough HP, the M3/M4 are underrated and I think run low 12s. It the seams like it's built to "compete" instead of "beat" the competition to me.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:39 PM   #46
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
To be brutally honest, I don't think the ATS-V has enough HP, the M3/M4 are underrated and I think run low 12s. It the seams like it's built to "compete" instead of "beat" the competition to me.
I think you are right, but the price has to make the difference. Buyer in this segment do not really care about 1/4 mile that much. If the Caddy has better drinving experience to offer, this is where its gonna hurt. I think this car will be able to make something like 12.5@115mph. 150lbs less than a 5th Gen and more HP and torque. If the price is right...

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:55 PM   #47
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
You must be in a big market to have dealers with that kind of inventory on hand, reminds me of some of the larger dealers in Southern California when I lived on the left coast years ago.
Suburbs of chicago so I'd say a pretty decent size market. But BMW Audi and Mercedes out number Cadillacs around here
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:20 PM   #48
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Suburbs of chicago so I'd say a pretty decent size market. But BMW Audi and Mercedes out number Cadillacs around here
And they do it WITHOUT Cash Backs.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #49
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Well, like the GT350, no one's got their grubby hands on one to see what/how they run, and no one knows their prices. Other than those two small items, you're absolutely right. Maybe. Or not.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:29 PM   #50
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN-OH JOE View Post
And they do it WITHOUT Cash Backs.
LOL BMW is offering $3500 off in constant TV ads here in Chicago.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:17 PM   #51
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
That is a larger dealer, but even one of the smaller Caddy dealers by me has 25 ATS' on the lot, and 37 CTS, and 50 SRX.
Just a perspective from a middle of the road average kinda guy, me. I'm looking at a secondary car to replace my wife's Altima. Kids a re grown and gone and we can do a "nicer" car for her. I'm all over the map but I do know I want a nicer, higher end kind of luxury car for her to use and us to drive on longer trips, going into the city etc.
I was just looking at some Caddys and I was a bit shocked at the prices, I'm a bit out of touch on these. My first thought was I can get a Beemer or MB for that much and in the long run it'll hold value better. Am I right in this assumption? I checked on Autotrader and frankly there aren't a whole lot of used Caddys in the area as we are heavily saturated with imports in Vancouver.

I do know that in my previous career working with European cars they were stupid expensive to maintain so it may be better to take a hit on future trade in and spend less on up keep. Anyone here have first hand experience to share in this?

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:39 AM   #52
Transdamm

Drives: BMW 650I
i think some of you guys are way off the mark. This Car WILL have a sub 12 sec 1/4. I would have liked a Supercharged V8 again like my last V but im glad they didnt go lt1. the mod potential is just insane with these factory Forced induction cars. The V-sport picks up 75 WHEELhp with just a tune. it wont be long before there are 550rwhp 3600# ATS V's running around and im excited for it. GM has been doing there homework, they did not build this car just to compete with the M4. That would be an uphill battle beacuse there is no denying the M4 is well respected and very desirable. The ATS was built to make a name and do it at a lower price point then the M. Thats the only way to steal sales. And the current V is selling closer to invoice them MSRP but they are holding very strong values, much better then the german counterparts at this point.

Last edited by Transdamm; 11-20-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Transdamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:51 AM   #53
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
If you accept GM's numbers for the 5th Gen Camaro SS it does 0-60 in 4.7s and the 1/4th mile in 13.0. The ATS-V is 0.8s faster 0-60 and will probably at least that in the 1/4th. That would put it in the low 12s range and in the hands of a good driver and good DA we could see some 11s. Much faster and it would be banging on the doors of the Corvette.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:53 AM   #54
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transdamm View Post
i think some of you guys are way off the mark. This Car WILL have a sub 12 sec 1/4. I would have liked a Supercharger V8 again like my last V but im glad they didnt go lt1. the mod potential is just insane with these factory Forced induction cars. The V-sport picks up 75 WHEELhp with just a tune. it wont be long before there are 550rwhp 3600# ATS V's running around and im excited for it. GM has been doing there homework, they did not build this car just to compete with the M4. ...
Exactly. This car will perform well in it's class and be easily modded.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:05 AM   #55
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
This is easily a low 12 second car.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:36 AM   #56
Transdamm

Drives: BMW 650I
people quoting the 3.9 0-60, does anyone know if thats the 6 speed or the new 8 speed? i think thats the elephant in the room. if thats the 6 speed were looking at a 3.6/3.7 0-60 with the new 8-speed. and i really would not be suprised with a higher hp number closer to production like that did with the Z06. This motor was built to take massive boost, titanium rods?? this thing is no joke.
Transdamm is offline   Reply With Quote