Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #113
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
I for one would welcome a complete redesign and an all new underpinnings. Times are changing and cars are evolving, and Ford needs to evolve along with the other brands in order to compete. The demographics of buyers are also changing, and it's not all about all out horsepower anymore, as proved by GT500 vs. ZL1 comparisons. A great all around car is what's needed. If they kept the weight around 3400, even if they stuck with the current 420hp 5.0, but gave it a well sorted IRS, a bit shorter over hangs, and made it as attractive as the renderings show, it would make one hell of a car. As much as the Mustang has influenced the Camaro in the beginning, the 5th Gen Camaro is really paving the way for the Mustang to become an all around better car. The Camaro is heavier, rides on 20" wheels, and yet has less body roll, more controllable at the limit behavior, and better every day ride then the Mustang. Ford's cost cutting is over and excuses to stick with an antiquated live rear have ran out, and if the next Mustang doesn't live up to the expectations set by them making it more "sports car" then pony car, then I hope the next gen Camaro picks up right where the 5th gen left off, otherwise a C7 is in my very near future.

/rant
Yeah but I thought that Ford has already mentioned that the 2015 will be a totally new car and it will be more expensive too due to IRS mainly !!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #114
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
[QUOTE=NVmyZL1;6514794]Does the Camaro or Corvette carry any of the standard Chevrolet styling queue's that are evident on the Impala, Sonic, Cruze, Malibu, etc.? Obviously not. Why do so many people think the Mustang is going to look anything like the Focus, Fusion, Taurus, etc.? If you look at most of the speculated renderings, they all give them these looks. Does anybody really think the Mustang, Ford's performance car, is going to really take on that sort of corporate styling?

The foxbody Mustang looked nothing like the previous generation. The SN95 looked nothing like the foxbody. The S197 looked nothing like the SN95. History indicates the S550 will not look anything like the S197, yet all the popular renderings contain the same roofline, most have the same rear quarter window treatment, fender shape etc. with a new. Fusion/Evos front end tacked on. Ridiculous![/QUOTE

Agree, that's exactly what I had said that Ford wouldn't make their top car look like any of their models. Chevy don't , neither does Dodge, or Ford with their top cars. So they would need to change all the other cars for the mustang to look like those renderings.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:40 AM   #115
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVmyZL1 View Post
Does the Camaro or Corvette carry any of the standard Chevrolet styling queue's that are evident on the Impala, Sonic, Cruze, Malibu, etc.? Obviously not. Why do so many people think the Mustang is going to look anything like the Focus, Fusion, Taurus, etc.? If you look at most of the speculated renderings, they all give them these looks. Does anybody really think the Mustang, Ford's performance car, is going to really take on that sort of corporate styling?

The foxbody Mustang looked nothing like the previous generation. The SN95 looked nothing like the foxbody. The S197 looked nothing like the SN95. History indicates the S550 will not look anything like the S197, yet all the popular renderings contain the same roofline, most have the same rear quarter window treatment, fender shape etc. with a new Fusion/Evos front end tacked on. Ridiculous!
I dont think that Ford or GM will dare to leave their comfort zone and challenge their customers who warship those American Muscle icons for any reason.

The Muscle car remark will always be present in the Mustangs and Camaros. This is an active market segement.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #116
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
Normally I would agree with you but I'm old enough to remember when the Ford probe was almost a Ford Mustang. Mustang fans like me campained to kill that dumb idea.
And it is people like you, who will teach them not to repeat this thing again
Old 05-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #117
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by attymf View Post
This is like comparing a battle between the Star Ship Enterprise vs Battle Star Galactica. (FYI the Challanger is the Death star)
Blaspemy!!! The Challanger could never be compaired to the Death Star. That would mean it could destroy its competition easily which it clearly does not. LOL

Seriously I would like to know if any of these rumors of the new Mustang being 3300-3400lbs hold any weight. I do think the 5.0 will get DI. The heads already have provisions for them. A Coyote with DI will have about 450HP. So if they are able to by some miracle drop the weight to 3300-3400lbs with a IRS and 450HP that would be Vette territory. That would be kinda scary.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #118
CobraBall

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVmyZL1 View Post
Does the Camaro or Corvette carry any of the standard Chevrolet styling queue's that are evident on the Impala, Sonic, Cruze, Malibu, etc.? Obviously not.
Well, I'm seeing those quad taillights more and more. Corvette, Camaro and now the Malibu has them. The new 'vette looks even more like the Camaro than the C6 did. I think you'll see Chevy moving to a corporate design philosophy as these cars are refreshed.

Quote:
Why do so many people think the Mustang is going to look anything like the Focus, Fusion, Taurus, etc.? If you look at most of the speculated renderings, they all give them these looks. Does anybody really think the Mustang, Ford's performance car, is going to really take on that sort of corporate styling?
I do. Apparently the design has been finalized and they're showing it to upper mgmt in the company. From what I've been told, the front of it looks somewhat similar to the new Fusion. Take that for what you will - unsubstantiated hearsay.

Quote:
The foxbody Mustang looked nothing like the previous generation. The SN95 looked nothing like the foxbody. The S197 looked nothing like the SN95. History indicates the S550 will not look anything like the S197, yet all the popular renderings contain the same roofline, most have the same rear quarter window treatment, fender shape etc. with a new Fusion/Evos front end tacked on. Ridiculous!
I don't think it's all that ridiculous. Remember, it's all speculation.
CobraBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #119
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
True but you wouldn't get the tail lights mixed up . And they're just two tail lights on each side. Nothing that will make ppl say they have the same lights
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #120
302-412

Drives: 2013 Ram Express
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafboy View Post
If the mustangs are going to keep the same 5.0 engine, and they put the LT1 in the camaros.....then what? Lol
They'd be about even!
302-412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #121
CobraBall

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by 302-412 View Post
They'd be about even!
Well, the LT1 is good for what, 450 hp? It's not that big of a jump over the LS3, and it'll probably be slightly detuned vs the 'vette as well.
CobraBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #122
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraBall View Post
Well, the LT1 is good for what, 450 hp? It's not that big of a jump over the LS3, and it'll probably be slightly detuned vs the 'vette as well.
I dont think anyone actually knows what the power will be until it gets SAE certified. It could be more than that. Its getting DI, VVT, more compression and the heads flow more than the LS3 so all of that for only 20HP seems kinda low.