Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 06-03-2015, 12:38 PM   #1
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Corporatly owned Gas stations?

Which gas stations still have corportaly owned locations? I want to make sure im getting what im paying for actually.
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:34 AM   #2
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
Which gas stations still have corportaly owned locations? I want to make sure im getting what im paying for actually.
What makes you think that the others gas stations are better or worst than the corp/ ones ?
Gas is gas , the refineries have to follow the state guidlens for that time off the year , summer blend VS winter
Or if you are concern about the gallon size , that's a all different story altogether
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:47 AM   #3
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Top Tier retailers...

USA
76 Stations
Aloha Petroleum
ARCO
Beacon
BP
Chevron
Conoco
Costco Wholesale
CountryMark
Diamond Shamrock
Entec Stations
Express Convenience Centers
Exxon
Hawaii Fueling Network (HFN)
Holiday Stationstores
Kwik Trip / Kwik Star
MFA Oil Co.
Mobil
Ohana Fuels
Phillips 66
QuikTrip
Road Ranger
Shamrock
Shell
Sinclair
Suncor Energy Inc
SuperAmerica
Texaco
Tri-Par Oil Co.
Valero

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:37 AM   #4
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Just use Chevron and Shell. You'll be fine.
Don't use Arco they water their shit down like crazy.
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:16 PM   #5
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_SS View Post
Just use Chevron and Shell. You'll be fine.
Don't use Arco they water their shit down like crazy.
Watering down with alcohol , and the crap E85 etc , if that's what you meant , then you are right
The guys at the State & Federal Gov made all of us pay for it , to the Midwest corn growers !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:29 PM   #6
Nighthawk89

There was something going around that a shell was putting 87 octane in the 91 as some of thesr privately owned are not regulated or logged like the corrporate locations. I emailed shells customer service to confirm. I ended up finding 2 corporate chevron locations close enough to me for me to feel more comortable filling up with. Considering im tuned for 91 and if one of these owners decides hey let me make a little extra here or there and im one of those lucky few and there goes my motor..
Old 06-07-2015, 01:25 PM   #7
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Watering down with alcohol , and the crap E85 etc , if that's what you meant , then you are right
The guys at the State & Federal Gov made all of us pay for it , to the Midwest corn growers !
Several around me...

http://pure-gas.org/

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 01:37 PM   #8
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
In nationwide test's Chevron and Mobil where the most consistent in their blends. Some states allow the octane rating to be within five octane to what it actually states on the pump. No all gas is not the same. I ran my truck on Ultramar then Valero gasoline for years. Spark plugs always had mas carbon build up when I changed them. Been running nothing but Chevron 87 octane and plugs had hardly any carbon on them. Same interval between changes 30000 miles.
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 10:25 PM   #9
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2018 Silverado CC
Quote:
There was something going around that a shell was putting 87 octane in the 91 as some of thesr privately owned are not regulated or logged like the corrporate locations. I emailed shells customer service to confirm. I ended up finding 2 corporate chevron locations close enough to me for me to feel more comortable filling up with. Considering im tuned for 91 and if one of these owners decides hey let me make a little extra here or there and im one of those lucky few and there goes my motor..
How did u go about finding the corporate chevron locations? BTW, how was muscle car nights?
Old 06-07-2015, 10:31 PM   #10
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760bowtie View Post
How did u go about finding the corporate chevron locations? BTW, how was muscle car nights?
Hows it going man! I emailed Shell and since they basically confirmed my concerns and they also stated they no longer have any corporate locations the next best choice was chevron and they emailed me back promptly and let me know that there were none local but that there were 2 about 5-6 exits up from where i live which works out perfectly.

Muscle car nights was good. We were all really tired and ready to get home though. We stayed till about 8:30-9 and then left. I had to get up at 6 this morning for Supercar Sunday so to say the least i am beat.

Last edited by Nighthawk89; 06-07-2015 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:48 AM   #11
Camar-Owen

Drives: 2015 redhot 2lt lfx M6
Quote:
Hows it going man! I emailed Shell and since they basically confirmed my concerns and they also stated they no longer have any corporate locations the next best choice was chevron and they emailed me back promptly and let me know that there were none local but that there were 2 about 5-6 exits up from where i live which works out perfectly.

Muscle car nights was good. We were all really tired and ready to get home though. We stayed till about 8:30-9 and then left. I had to get up at 6 this morning for Supercar Sunday so to say the least i am beat.
You know, I was thinking about that conversation that we all had on Saturday. You do realize you made me not go to the only Shell gas station in acton and go to the main one in Palmdale. I'm not to worried as I'm not tuned to any specific octane, but still I want that 91 v-max stuff lol but all shells are shady! Wish we had a chevron out here!

Still can't get over the blank stare of that guy. GTR what.....
Old 06-09-2015, 09:29 AM   #12
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2018 Silverado CC
Thanks for the heads up Devin, I emailed Chevron and like you they emailed me back quickly. Come to find out that I have one that's corporately owned about half a mile from my house, so that'll be my new favorite fill up spot.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:07 AM   #13
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760bowtie View Post
Thanks for the heads up Devin, I emailed Chevron and like you they emailed me back quickly. Come to find out that I have one that's corporately owned about half a mile from my house, so that'll be my new favorite fill up spot.
Hell yah. For me Its just piece of mind. These privately owned gas stations will do shady stuff when times get tough... I just dont want it to be at the extent of my motor. With yours being a high HP custom tuned as well youd be up shit creek too! Lol.

Look forward to the next car meet Albert! Keep me posted if you hear of anything that i dont.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:10 AM   #14
Nighthawk89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camar-Owen View Post
You know, I was thinking about that conversation that we all had on Saturday. You do realize you made me not go to the only Shell gas station in acton and go to the main one in Palmdale. I'm not to worried as I'm not tuned to any specific octane, but still I want that 91 v-max stuff lol but all shells are shady! Wish we had a chevron out here!

Still can't get over the blank stare of that guy. GTR what.....

Hahaha, Had to Show that GTR who was BOSS. Thought he could just spank any Camaro. Not the case that night . He was cool about it though. Ofcourse what we speak of went down in mexico..

Look forward to us all meeting up again! Keep in touch Owen!