Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 05:39 PM   #29
gettinginaMaro!

Drives: At the moment I gun a 50 cal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
This is an onboard camera video of an Evo 9. It passed a modded 4th gen Camaro and a stock 5th gen Camaro.

The Evo is driving the WHEELS OFF his car he is being very aggressive in the corners on what apears to be a fun open track the other drivers just move out of the way so he doesn't wreck thier car neither Camaro is even leaning or giving much body roll at all they are not even attempting to compete with the Evo driver he's out to prove a point (one that with the cuts & chops we have no idea about) that vid is in no way a realible sourse of comparision
Old 07-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #30
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28orSs View Post
FAIL
2 pedals = automatic
LOL whatever dude. You are the master de-bater.

Chicagojoe however makes sense. He wants a clutch pedal and I appreciate that.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:02 PM   #31
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Talking

Hmmmmm I didn't even know what an EVO was till I googled it........Are you serious? that thing is ugly! I have a Mitsubishi TV that thing is a piece of crap, it doesn't matter though- electronics, cars I am DAMN well not giving that screwed up company another cent! What have theyever made that actually goes up in value? NOTHING! Hmmmmmm my 68 Camaro is worth WAY more than its original price! I think I will take my chances with Chevy and their bad arse looking Camaro, they have never let me down. just my two cents...........DT
Old 07-27-2009, 07:29 PM   #32
DropTheGloves
Account Suspended

Drives: 2009 TT 335/2009 GSX-R 1000/ECT..
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011DropTop View Post
Hmmmmm I didn't even know what an EVO was till I googled it........Are you serious? that thing is ugly! I have a Mitsubishi TV that thing is a piece of crap, it doesn't matter though- electronics, cars I am DAMN well not giving that screwed up company another cent! What have theyever made that actually goes up in value? NOTHING! Hmmmmmm my 68 Camaro is worth WAY more than its original price! I think I will take my chances with Chevy and their bad arse looking Camaro, they have never let me down. just my two cents...........DT
I would certainly hope that your 68 camaro is worth more. Wait till you line up against a evo x that has some goodies under the hood and you get smoked. It's a great car.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:40 PM   #33
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
This is an onboard camera video of an Evo 9. It passed a modded 4th gen Camaro and a stock 5th gen Camaro.

R U kiddin I guess i just don't get it
Old 07-27-2009, 07:41 PM   #34
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
Quote:
Amen
Old 07-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #35
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropTheGloves View Post
I would certainly hope that your 68 camaro is worth more. Wait till you line up against a evo x that has some goodies under the hood and you get smoked. It's a great car.
Ya dude Whatever........let see if that EVO lasts as long as my 68, I guarantee you will still see first gen camaros in shows and events 20 and thirty years from now, in fact that body style was so popular they decided to design the new ones after that design, but you wont even see one of those EVO rice burners at any of them, it just looks like one of those run of the mill econoboxes where somebody put one of thosecheesy looking picnic tables on the rear decklid in a sorry attempt at trying to fit in with the "Fast and Furious" crowd. Those cars are great for certain crowds and actually I think it is healthy for a young person to be able to partake in that sort of venue.
I am 44 years old now and I do once in a while open the old girl up and let her rip, but i don't street race, that is flat out stupidity(in my opinion) Heck when I was in my twenties and thirties I still kept my testosterone in check, I had more fun on the streets faking other guys out getting them to think I wanted to race at a stop light, only to just take off easily and they would take the bait and "Smoke Me" (as you put it) and about 8 times out of 10 there was a cop around ready to pull them over, now that was more fun than "smoking" someone, it was so easy to get someone to fall for it because I was driving a classic muscle car and they just wanted to prove something to themselves. I am a firm believer that racing should be kept at the track, of course maybe an EVO could smoke my classic, if he has all those go fast goodies like you said he might have, but he don't know what I am packing under the hood as well lol. I love cruising my 68 and yes I still get a little crazy out on a quiet country road, but normally I keep actual racing to the track. When I am out cruising it I get a lot of looks and thumbs up from other people constantly, when I stop somewhere someone usually starts up a conversation about the car, to me that is cool, try and get that with that EVO.......DT

PS:By the way......I have never in the twenty years of owning that 68 been pulled over by a cop, came close a couple times, but never. Another thing.... you say that EVO is a great car, well I am sure it is......but that is what they said about the model of TV I bought from Mitsubishi........piece of crap

Last edited by 007s 'Vert; 07-27-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:53 PM   #36
DropTheGloves
Account Suspended

Drives: 2009 TT 335/2009 GSX-R 1000/ECT..
Quote:
Ya dude Whatever........let see if that EVO lasts as long as my 68, I guarantee you will still see first gen camaros in shows and events 20 and thirty years from now, in fact that body style was so popular they decided to design the new ones after that design, but you wont even see one of those EVO rice burners at any of them, it just looks like one of those run of the mill econoboxes where somebody put one of thosecheesy looking picnic tables on the rear decklid in a sorry attempt at trying to fit in with the "Fast and Furious" crowd. Those cars are great for certain crowds and actually I think it is healthy for a young person to be able to partake in that sort of venue.
I am 44 years old now and I do once in a while open the old girl up and let her rip, but i don't street race, that is flat out stupidity(in my opinion) Heck when I was in my twenties and thirties I still kept my testosterone in check, I had more fun on the streets faking other guys out getting them to think I wanted to race at a stop light, only to just take off easily and they would take the bait and "Smoke Me" (as you put it) and about 8 times out of 10 there was a cop around ready to pull them over, now that was more fun than "smoking" someone, it was so easy to get someone to fall for it because I was driving a classic muscle car and they just wanted to prove something to themselves. I am a firm believer that racing should be kept at the track, of course maybe an EVO could smoke my classic, if he has all those go fast goodies like you said he might have, but he don't know what I am packing under the hood as well lol. I love cruising my 68 and yes I still get a little crazy out on a quiet country road, but normally I keep actual racing to the track.........DT
PS:By the way......I have never in the twenty years of owning that 68 been pulled over by a cop, came close a couple times, but never. Another thing.... you say that EVO is a great car, well I am sure it is......but that is what they said about the model of TV I bought from Mitsubishi........piece of crap
Ok, first off you need to get your head out of your ass and realize that not every younger guy or girl street race, or drive ignorantly.Thats one generaliztion I get tired of hearing about. You also need to learn what rice is. Yes, some people do rice out their imports, and some even rice out their domestics. However, that does not mean everyone does, nor does it make every import rice. Yes, you will get those who do put 38inch high wings on their cars, or 1000000 stickers, and even folgers fart cans. The fast and the furious have given a bad rep to most imports in todays world. I think you should go onto youtube, or venture over to a evo forum and see what the car is all about before you knock it. You would be surprised.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:54 PM   #37
WhiteCrane

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to WhiteCrane Send a message via Skype™ to WhiteCrane
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinginaMaro! View Post
The Evo is driving the WHEELS OFF his car he is being very aggressive in the corners on what apears to be a fun open track the other drivers just move out of the way so he doesn't wreck thier car neither Camaro is even leaning or giving much body roll at all they are not even attempting to compete with the Evo driver he's out to prove a point (one that with the cuts & chops we have no idea about) that vid is in no way a realible sourse of comparision
I can apreciate you trying to defend the camaro, but the evo out-handles the camaro hands down. Thats why he passed them in the turns, and not for nothing, but a stock EVO x can probably give an SS a run for its money in a straight line too.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:37 PM   #38
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Exclamation

Quote:
Ok, first off you need to get your head out of your ass and realize that not every younger guy or girl street race, or drive ignorantly.Thats one generaliztion I get tired of hearing about. You also need to learn what rice is. Yes, some people do rice out their imports, and some even rice out their domestics. However, that does not mean everyone does, nor does it make every import rice. Yes, you will get those who do put 38inch high wings on their cars, or 1000000 stickers, and even folgers fart cans. The fast and the furious have given a bad rep to most imports in todays world. I think you should go onto youtube, or venture over to a evo forum and see what the car is all about before you knock it. You would be surprised.
EVO= Mitsubishi JUNK! you couldnt pay me to take one of those, I don't care if it was the fastest thing on earth. Speaking of pulling heads out of asses, I wish the designers of that "RICE BURNIN" crap pile would have pulled their heads out of their asses, but then again that is where they must have gotten their inspiration for that design. I would go onto Youtube and watch those videos that you told me about, but I would love to watch it on my big screen by jacking my laptop into it but.........It's a piece of crap Shitsubishi bigscreen so you know THAT is not going to happen, paid three grand for that heap of crap and it only lasts for three years and I ended up having to rebuild the circuit boards in it........No thanks pal there will be no Mits in my future, and no amount of convincing will steer me towards their products again.

Chevies designers back in the sixties hit a home run with the camaro, that explains why they redesigned the new Camaro after that design. I am not saying that every young person street races or drives ignoant, I was just saying that EVERY young person that pulls up next to me at a stop light is like that, older guys like me were not all like that, in fact I would strike up a cool conversation with older people like me at a stop light more often than not.
And if you would pull your head our of YOUR ass then you will see in that post that I DID NOT say that all younger people street race, I just stated that that I DONT believe in street racing, YOU said that I stated that. Now..... go back and reread it fully and completely, and not just words that you want/choose to read,......talk about ignorant......geez

PS: the personal insults don't work on me, you are going to have to try a lot harder than that, I am not fresh out of high school like you might be, I probably have kids older than you and I don't take any crap from them, the last thing I am going to let get to me is your immaturity. Tell you what.....I will treat you with the same respect that you give me, fair enough? I understand you have your opinion, and I have mine, just get your facts right before you go off on me, thats all I ask of you
Old 07-27-2009, 09:49 PM   #39
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Talking

Quote:
Folgers Fart Cans? well now thats too funny! never heard that before, but then again I am not really that much up to date on that sort of lingo, i must be getting old
Old 07-27-2009, 09:58 PM   #40
espo19047

Drives: Impala
Send a message via AIM to espo19047
I don't care if the EVO has 1000 hp. It is a boxy sedan with a big spoiler and brakes. It is ugly. This is just my opinion.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:23 PM   #41
WhiteCrane

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to WhiteCrane Send a message via Skype™ to WhiteCrane
2011DropTop, I think you should know Mitsubishi does not actually BUILD Televisions. They merely brand them with their names.

Also, Mitsubishi is not one company. It's a Kinyokai. So unless you owned a Mitsubishi VEHICLE, you have never actually bought a Mitsubishi product.

Mitsubishi is over 200 companies, and no one person is the CEO or Preisdent of the whole thing. It is a group of COMPLETELY unrelated companies that cut each other breaks on supplies whenever possible. Each company is individually owned and operated. Some private, some publicly traded.

Roughly 20% of "Mitsubishi" is a bank. A Bank completely unrelated to their car loans.

Furthermore, Mitsubishi is also "Nikon", a paper manufacturer, a plastic manufacturer, Nippon oil corporation and the official bank of Tokyo.

They are about as diverse as... say Proctor and Gamble. Only thing in common is the name.

Having said this, I agree, the Camaro is a much nicer looking car than the EVO. And None of us need a car that is track tested for every day driving. I don't care how many EVO's blow by me on the express way.

Last edited by WhiteCrane; 07-27-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:36 PM   #42
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
I am not going to try to defend the evo- I have learned that is usually a lost cause.

People who hate them will never give them respect, people who love them will never get someone who hates them to give them respect.

But I am fully admitting that I am thinking of getting one.

I just picked up a G8 GT and I love it, I am thinking an EVO X might be another good car to have. Alittle more fun (go-cart like fun)

I agree that the EVO often times gets attention from the every teenager with a motor. But you know.... I also see just as many teens and immature buying Fbodies now.

To be honest I will probably have to wait, because I am too negative ($$) in my other family sedan. Hyundai XG350L.

But I think its a fun little car. I have never driven an EVO X, but I have driven an EVO VIII and I enjoyed it very much.

Closed Thread