Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 01-04-2014, 08:12 AM   #15
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual

shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:42 AM   #16
omgitsmikeyC

Drives: 2014 CTS-V- totalled/ 45TH ss- SOLD
Here is my .02 for this comparison. The 5.0 and 392 cars were built specifically as a reaction to the new Camaro. This Camaro, released in 2009 (5 years ago) spanked the crap out of stock Mustangs and Challengers. Straight line, corners and a mix of both. Then Ford and Chrysler built said listed above vehicles, while since Chevy has released the Z28 and ZL1 specifically to eliminate the Challenger SRT8 392 and GT500. Our day will come next year, when Chevy finally responds to the improved efforts of both of those manufacturers. It will again, make them up their game to have a chance.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:44 AM   #17
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsmikeyC View Post
Here is my .02 for this comparison. The 5.0 and 392 cars were built specifically as a reaction to the new Camaro. This Camaro, released in 2009 (5 years ago) spanked the crap out of stock Mustangs and Challengers. Straight line, corners and a mix of both. Then Ford and Chrysler built said listed above vehicles, while since Chevy has released the Z28 and ZL1 specifically to eliminate the Challenger SRT8 392 and GT500. Our day will come next year, when Chevy finally responds to the improved efforts of both of those manufacturers. It will again, make them up their game to have a chance.

Well said.

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:44 AM   #18
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
Challenger 392 srt8 will also waste an SS.
COPO wastes everything Ford and Dodge have.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:46 AM   #19
MYDLIFECRISIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post

I knew you lived in a fantasy world!

Old 01-04-2014, 08:55 AM   #20
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
IF you really want the speed go to zerotosixtytimes.com , a straight axle versus IRS one will of course loose more power getting to the ground...one car with no trunk, versus one with a little trunk, one car with knuckle busting tendencies aplenty the other with room around the engine, one car without some very nice options, the other with them, one car that is the top of the line for most versus one that is a second brother to a vette. Having been in a mustang for a test drive...no thank you. If going fast means the passengers are hunched over dwarfs with tiny legs, and when the car has to be worked on you need a arm the size of a pencil to fit it in the engine bay and maneuver a wrench no thank you. And when it comes to looks and supposedly a retro what was it a retro of? A first gen stang mixed with a second? 73 and 65 or 69 and 75? WTF no thankyou. Sure its American it can drive fast and chicks dig em as they are everywhere with them..........

Ford has to represent and then worry about fall out.... SO it has to say look we are faster..more powerful.... and for some of us who have owned ford in the past it has been learning its a so what factor....... SO what if you made shock towers on the original stangs and suck that were in the way of all headers and front suspensions that were a nightmare. SO what if you made drop in fuel tanks that should have been recalled in the largest recall ever as they are a danger to all life on the planet but a kennedy drove one so Ford got a pass (wonder how much that cost them). SO what if they had a real stupid ignition system when it came to HEI, so what a few too many things like you cannot imagine. Sure chevy had some bad things...anyone here remember when chevy even tried nylon timing gears like ford? it is all in what you like if you want to ignore things for just speed love a ford, just do not parts a new one next to a old one and try to compare it apples to apples because its a bastard. Like when did the rear end slant that way? when did mustang loose the trunk? when did the distinctive side swoosh give away to what ever they feel like? The fact is to sell they have to make them faster and pray they blow after the warranty...... the gt500 oh boy lets make a lot of boost!!!!!!!!!!! the 5.0 lets make it rev way up!!!!!!!!!!! and the rebuild cost...... and people think oh its ford its got to be what? dependable...... not.
The f-150 is their main baby, except when it came to fixing the frame for many years........ the triton engines... well they came after the two valve nightmares that blew the sparkplugs right out of the heads, so they switched to three valves and told every one look we fixed it..and then the sparkplugs were so long they could break taking them out from the carbon build up and could not last 100k til changed and then after the fact they said oh...its 60k now til change, and oh god 20$ a plug can only use ford, and have to have a special vacuum/ camera to take out the broken pieces of spark plug.... Yes I owned one, yes it was over $400 for a spark plug change after one fractured on my 2006 Harley f150 had a plug crack, yes they had to extract four with a vacuum as they broke into pieces in the cylinder head and yes I have owned several fords, its just too bad they never seem to learn over the years as much as GM does.

And I get disappointed when g.m., does not go gearhead as they would change the motoring world but they listen to dumb F's. Hey why not make the zl1 with the 427 and just naturally aspirate it with a decent cam and then offer a upgrade to the supercharger so a zl1 can live up to its name sake a 427 !!!!! no makes too much sense, lets put it in a z-28 and price it like its gold and make ceramic disc and unobtanium rear window with a tin can for a speaker to make it drop ten pounds and so no one buys one!! yes and then lets before that say we are going to make the SS stand for more then after everyone starts buying ss Camaros just for SSSS and giggles lets make a four door called the SS !!!!! they are such fan disloyal wankers to us classic chevy guys ...and are all about the new generation as what fords going to appeal to now too. SO get ready for the four door mustang some day, the ecoboost stang, the four banger stang, the pressed cardboard stang, the we will do anything to sell one stang. And unfortunately I know g.m. does it blunders to sell too, many of us do not like the refresh, and that's how it goes with refreshes sometimes you win sometimes you end up with a pug nosed fox body.....
Someday they will make a car just for performance with few options that is cheap and then they can call it a vega and design it just to beat mustangs as if that's where all their attention should go. And maybe someday they will make the Camaro so ugly again it becomes so unpopular they have to stop selling it and wait many years to redesign a decent looking one...... Oh yes that's now. Life is cyclical as Americans have very short memories and are very gullible to some things, and if you think a mustang is such a good deal get one!!! And wait for the cardboard edition with the tin frame and the engines a turbo four they put in the glove box because it has no trunk as they had to make it a four door for kids nowadays ...........

Last edited by christianchevell; 01-04-2014 at 09:13 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:09 AM   #21
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
I think the Cobra Jet would have something to say about that.
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:14 AM   #22
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
They are lighter have 4 cams and that tune that they shift at 7400 rpms
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:38 AM   #23
RedRaven

Drives: 2012 2SS M6 CRT
Power/Weight x Gear Ratio. Simplest answer.

First real car: 1968 Malibu, '67 283, Canary yellow
RedRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:40 AM   #24
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsmikeyC View Post
This isn't true at all. The Camaro was built as a reaction to the mustang and challenger. Both of which have 2008 models. The camaro does not. Obviously, Chevy is not going to release an inferior product performance wise especially after being able to see the competition. The 6.4 motor was created in 2004. It's not like Dodge was like "oh my god we need to create an engine to compete with the 6.2 in that camaro" which is how I think you're tying to spin it. The 6.4 was put in primarily for problems with the 6.1. And do you realize how long it takes to "build" a car as you put it? The 2011 models are when the playing fields changed (one year after the camaro came out). For Ford and Dodge to build and test cars in less than a year to respond to the camaro is not reasonable. They're revisions were long in development.

It seems like people here spread so much misinformation when it comes to this topic. Shaking my head.

Last edited by Pi kappa alpha; 01-04-2014 at 09:54 AM.
Pi kappa alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:00 AM   #25
RollaMo

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
Ford has their own version (Cobra Jet), that is every bit the equal of the COPO Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCamaro View Post
I think the Cobra Jet would have something to say about that.
Yeah it seems that one Cobra Jet has posted a runs in the 7's.
2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
RollaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:20 AM   #26
MYDLIFECRISIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollaMo View Post
Ford has their own version (Cobra Jet), that is every bit the equal of the COPO Camaro.

Yeah it seems that one Cobra Jet has posted a runs in the 7's.
WOW!!

Old 01-04-2014, 10:33 AM   #27
SoBeGirl
Be the Change

Drives: bad ass 2010 ss
oh boy.. I predict a war over this thread.
SoBeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #28
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
This isn't true at all. The Camaro was built as a reaction to the mustang and challenger. Both of which have 2008 models. The camaro does not. Obviously, Chevy is not going to release an inferior product performance wise especially after being able to see the competition. The 6.4 motor was created in 2004. It's not like Dodge was like "oh my god we need to create an engine to compete with the 6.2 in that camaro" which is how I think you're tying to spin it. The 6.4 was put in primarily for problems with the 6.1. And do you realize how long it takes to "build" a car as you put it? The 2011 models are when the playing fields changed (one year after the camaro came out). For Ford and Dodge to build and test cars in less than a year to respond to the camaro is not reasonable. They're revisions were long in development.

It seems like people here spread so much misinformation when it comes to this topic. Shaking my head.
There are alot of fanboys on this site. LOTS.
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote