Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #3865
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
hey bruce , it was finally great to meet you and your wife. will be lookin forward to getting a little club get together when your sst arrives back here in florida...will keep a lookout
Old 10-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #3866
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
2 finally meet u. Can't wait 2 cruise around with THE SST!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #3867
G200 Pilot
G200 Pilot

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS purchased 5/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
We had a demo this week so my brain has been on USV stuff. Just getting pumped to get up to Pony Wars and see you and some of the others up there. Going to be a blast. My friends with the 10 sec '67 Camaro are coming up to help the Camaro contingent out.

She's the only female I now who tears up the 1/4 mile sitting on a pillow to see over the dash...lol.
That was fun Bruce, meeting her and her husband!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #3868
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6

Old 10-10-2011, 07:03 AM   #3869
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Good seeing you again Bruce! Had a great time
Old 10-10-2011, 11:42 PM   #3870
Cali_Camaro_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS (BLACK)
Whats goin on Bruce any updates on the tranny?
I know your busy but just wanted to see if any news yet
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Cali_Camaro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:43 AM   #3871
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I wanna go so bad it's not even funny.

But we just couldn't get away. If it were moved back a day we could go. Saturday night and Sunday. But beign Friday night and Saturday we can't make it. We can't get and Saturday free. :(

Wanted to run both our cars too. Ugh.
Sorry you didn't get to go. The cruise was a blast. The weather was perfect for racing. Three people I know broke into the 10's for the first time all within an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xchamp View Post
Here's a change of pace . Someone posted this pic on OSO from the 1989 Worlds in Atlantic City . My boat is right in front of the bait shack . This was the last race I ran without a reinforced ****pit and canopies . Check out the European boats , they always had crazy stuff . There was one boat at this event where the pilots sat in the front of the sponsons , literally right in the beaks .
This brought back some good and also sad memories , the ocean dictated the pace . It was cold , rough and we lost a friend at this event .
Back when APBA was less than a splintered organization. I like your Cat. Lots more V-hulls back then. The one nice part is the racesr are safer now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Thats awesome... and explains alot about where you achieved the skills to jump on a new car and home build a turbo kit... I would love to have had the oppurtunity to take part in some high end boat racing... but oh well... I'll stick to trying to achieve something with my car... Hopefully by March...

Having worked with a bunch of English, French, Germans, Norweigans, etc... I will testify to your statement that yes they are all certifiably crazy... but they do have fun... even the tight a&&ed ones with no sense of humor... get them away from the crowd and they will laugh and cut up... Alot of it is a public personna... They are almost all complete nuts...
Yes, they are pretty darn crazy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
hey bruce , it was finally great to meet you and your wife. will be lookin forward to getting a little club get together when your sst arrives back here in florida...will keep a lookout
It was great meeting you and your wife too. Glad everyone got to play some while up there. You guys are a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UF4LIFE102SS View Post
2 finally meet u. Can't wait 2 cruise around with THE SST!
It was fun. You're crazy...but in a good way. Had a great time hanging out - especially Friday night. Thanks for the liquid dinner... Yeah, we will have some fun cruisin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by G200 Pilot View Post
That was fun Bruce, meeting her and her husband!
I am glad they wanted to run you. Both of you had broke into the 10's for the first time at 10.97. The other cool part is that when you ran her, your 1/8 mile was virtually identical and you both ran 11.04. Doesn't get any better than that !! Also had a good time chatting with you on Saturday night. You have and continue to do some very cool stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
Gotta call and get an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Good seeing you again Bruce! Had a great time
Great seeing you and your family again Norm. Your son should be proud of completing his brown belt in Tae Kwon Do. That is an accomplishment. Also, the Camaro is lookin' awesome. Quite a difference since last time I saw you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Camaro_SS View Post
Whats goin on Bruce any updates on the tranny?
I know your busy but just wanted to see if any news yet

Yes, very busy here. Need to call for an update. Will yell when I hear something.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #3872
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #3873
4xchamp
MURC 666

Drives: 69 Pace Car 68 Camaro Restomod 81 Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Thats awesome... and explains alot about where you achieved the skills to jump on a new car and home build a turbo kit... I would love to have had the oppurtunity to take part in some high end boat racing... but oh well... I'll stick to trying to achieve something with my car... Hopefully by March...

Having worked with a bunch of English, French, Germans, Norweigans, etc... I will testify to your statement that yes they are all certifiably crazy... but they do have fun... even the tight a&&ed ones with no sense of humor... get them away from the crowd and they will laugh and cut up... Alot of it is a public personna... They are almost all complete nuts...
Thread jacker I am ! Seriously he OP graciously granted me permission to toss up a boat thing occasionally since the Sea is also one of his mistresses .
I love the cars . Muscle , exotics you name it but a catamaran ocean racer literally flying over the waves is a rush .
Anyway , I just ordered a 418" rotator to complement my turbo . I've been tinkering with the Camaro from day one and breaking it one piece at a time .
How's the ocean treating you ? Are you healed up ?
This build caught my attention , as yours did . Did you notice the wiring in this car ? Everything is over the top here , way advanced .
Old 10-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #3874
Cali_Camaro_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS (BLACK)
coo good luck with that and hope to hear soon!
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Cali_Camaro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:39 AM   #3875
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Sorry you didn't get to go. The cruise was a blast. The weather was perfect for racing. Three people I know broke into the 10's for the first time all within an hour.
I just want to breake into the 11s.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:47 AM   #3876
kaler

Drives: 2011 Dodge 3500 dually Mega Cab
Quote:
Thread jacker I am ! Seriously he OP graciously granted me permission to toss up a boat thing occasionally since the Sea is also one of his mistresses .
I love the cars . Muscle , exotics you name it but a catamaran ocean racer literally flying over the waves is a rush .
Anyway , I just ordered a 418" rotator to complement my turbo . I've been tinkering with the Camaro from day one and breaking it one piece at a time .
This build caught my attention , as yours did . Did you notice the wiring in this car ? Everything is over the top here , way advanced .

The only bad thing about fast boats is nothing else is ever fast enough.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #3877
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I know, I know...

Quote:

You can post about boats anytime you want. Glad to hear that you are going with a 418. Should be a nice power gain.

By far the toughest and most time consuming portion of the SST was the wiring and getting all computers to communicate. Don't think we would want to tackle that one again with a brand new car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I just want to breake into the 11s.
You will - shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Camaro_SS View Post
coo good luck with that and hope to hear soon!
Need to see where that tranny is at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaler View Post
The only bad thing about fast boats is nothing else is ever fast enough.
Yeah, but 240 - 250 is getting up there. Things go by quite fast.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:30 PM   #3878
kaler

Drives: 2011 Dodge 3500 dually Mega Cab
No doubt that is hauling a$$, but nothing quit gives you the sensation of SPEED like a fast boat. Paul Tracy in a interview once said going 115 in his 28' Daytona feels just like doing 220 around Indy.

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo