Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-06-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
Blackbird.
Lookin to switch...

Drives: '00 Dodge Ram
Planning on buying a 2SS

Hey guys i'm new here and a couple of days ago me and my Father went on a day long expedition looking at Mustang GTs, SS Camaros, and R/T challengers. Honestly I always had a soft spot for the Camaro but I figured i'd look at all my options. The GT has no comparison and while the R/T is nice the R/T isn't really able to keep up with the SS. Now onto my real question, what would be more expensive? The 2SS has options that I don't really need but i'd like to have leather and at the same time I like everything on the RS package except for the HIDs. So basically if I got a 1SS i'd like to get leather in it (if it's possible to order it) and a RS package but without the HIDs. Or is it just cheaper to get a 2SS and get all those options anyways I don't necessarily need but get in the package? Sorry if I don't seem very logical in this area as this will be my first time buying a new car let alone possibly ordering one.
Blackbird. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
leperkhaun

Drives: Looking to buy a SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird. View Post
Hey guys i'm new here and a couple of days ago me and my Father went on a day long expedition looking at Mustang GTs, SS Camaros, and R/T challengers. Honestly I always had a soft spot for the Camaro but I figured i'd look at all my options. The GT has no comparison and while the R/T is nice the R/T isn't really able to keep up with the SS. Now onto my real question, what would be more expensive? The 2SS has options that I don't really need but i'd like to have leather and at the same time I like everything on the RS package except for the HIDs. So basically if I got a 1SS i'd like to get leather in it (if it's possible to order it) and a RS package but without the HIDs. Or is it just cheaper to get a 2SS and get all those options anyways I don't necessarily need but get in the package? Sorry if I don't seem very logical in this area as this will be my first time buying a new car let alone possibly ordering one.
Only the 2LT (V6) and the 2SS come with leather seats, its NOT an option for other trims.

The RS package includes the HIDS so no way to delete them short of doing it yourself.

How important is leather to you? Go to the chevy site and build each one and see if the price difference is worth the leather seats since you are not intreasted in the other stuff.
leperkhaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:01 PM   #3
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Get the 2SS
Old 07-06-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
Brownhornitt

Drives: 2006 White Corvette Convertible
You can always try to order the 2SS RS from a cool dealer and get "deletes." But if not, just go ahead and appreciate them. Have fun with your new 2 SS RS Camaro.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #5
Blackbird.
Lookin to switch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownhornitt View Post
You can always try to order the 2SS RS from a cool dealer and get "deletes." But if not, just go ahead and appreciate them. Have fun with your new 2 SS RS Camaro.
Yeah that's what I was hoping was for just a delete on the HIDs. I definitely feel like the only one that does not like them but oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leperkhaun View Post
Only the 2LT (V6) and the 2SS come with leather seats, its NOT an option for other trims.

The RS package includes the HIDS so no way to delete them short of doing it yourself.

How important is leather to you? Go to the chevy site and build each one and see if the price difference is worth the leather seats since you are not intreasted in the other stuff.
Well when I was at the Chevy dealership the first one I test drove was a pretty bare bones 1LS with cloth and they were alright, but I think i'd sat in more comfortable cloth seats. Than after that we jumped into a pretty nice 2SS and test drove that and the leather seats were reeeally nice. I realize it's a huge jump for a 1LS to a 2SS but it was more to try both engines. Not surprisingly I foresaw that I would not be happy buying a V6.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
Rockies4

Drives: PT Cruiser 02
Go for the 2SS. You'll never regret the decision.

Then just hang on for the ride of a lifetime.

Rockies4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #7
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
If you liked the leather on the test drive then just get the 2SS
Old 07-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #8
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
There are no deletes within a package -aka RS- regardless of how "cool" your dealer is...
Old 07-06-2010, 02:22 PM   #9
Blackbird.
Lookin to switch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
There are no deletes within a package -aka RS- regardless of how "cool" your dealer is...
Alright, than for example can I just not get the RS package and buy the wheels with the Midnight Silver finish?
Old 07-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #10
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
There are no deletes on the car unless you order through the fleet dept, and then you'd have to get 5 or more.

BTW, Blackbird, if you don't like the HID's just don't order the RS package. The only thing the RS gives you on the V8 is the painted roof ditch moldings and the darker taillights.

The standard wheels are Sterling Silver, which are close to Midnight Silver. Midnight Silvers aren't that dark. Give me a minute, I'll go outside and snap a picture of the rims that come w/ the SS, and post it here.
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:39 PM   #11
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird. View Post
Alright, than for example can I just not get the RS package and buy the wheels with the Midnight Silver finish?
I'm not sure quite honestly but I don't think so. If you can it's because the MS wheels are listed as a separate option just like the chrome wheels are. In that case, it's still an add-on, not part of a package delete.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #12
Blackbird.
Lookin to switch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
There are no deletes on the car unless you order through the fleet dept, and then you'd have to get 5 or more.

BTW, Blackbird, if you don't like the HID's just don't order the RS package. The only thing the RS gives you on the V8 is the painted roof ditch moldings and the darker taillights.

The standard wheels are Sterling Silver, which are close to Midnight Silver. Midnight Silvers aren't that dark. Give me a minute, I'll go outside and snap a picture of the rims that come w/ the SS, and post it here.
Yeah I saw they are a slight difference but they definetly compliment darker colors like the Cyber Gray one I drove, but if it's too big of a deal and/or too expensive to purchase the wheels seperately I'll probably forget about it.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:56 PM   #13
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
First off....let's make sure you understand what you get with the RS pkg. That's because I've had several people ask me why I have the guage cluster and not the RS pkg. I want to make sure the salesman didn't give you the wrong info. The guage cluster comes on the 2LT and 2SS...has nothing to do with the RS.

The RS pkg includes the following:
-paint matched roof ditch molding.
-tinted tail light lens (although it's so minor you'll only see if you have a non-RS next to it).
-HID headlights.
-Midnight Silver wheels.
-Red SS badging (white for non-RS)

You can not buy the MS wheels as an add on. You must buy the RS pkg to get them. However, the MS wheels seem to be the most popular wheels for sale. If you want them that bad you can buy a take-off set, switch tires, sell your factory silver wheels and you'll probably only be out a few hundred when it's all said and done. You can probably have your silver wheels powder coated as well. I've seen them for as cheap as $60 a wheel.

What is it about the HID you don't like? Is it the look of the Halo rings vs the Halogens? I ask because I don't really like the look of the Halo vs Halogen. I think the Halogen housing looks more retro. However, I did want HID lights so I bought a Bi-Xenon HID aftermarket kit for $260 shipped and had it put on in about 30 min. I LOVE the HID lights compared to Halogen. I just didn't like the look of the Halo rings nearly as much.

If you want the colored roof ditch molding....again, that's something that can be painted when you're ready. There is some posts in the Cosmetic section where people have already done it.

If you want tinted tail lights you can have those added by overlaying vinyl on them. I think BigWorm sells them. They'll be much more noticable that way as well.

So....what color are you planning on getting. Give us more detail as to what exactly you do/don't like on the RS pkg.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:57 PM   #14
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
SS/RS Midnight Silver Finish

SS Sterling Silver Finish

Not too much difference IMO.
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote