Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
1LE Badging

So, what are your plans to badge your 1LE? Looks like GM doesn't have a single one on these cars.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
Doglife1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE, 2004 Silverado
This same question has been spinning in my head since I ordered the car. I'm thinking about replacing the small SS badges in the grill and on the trunck with custom 1LE badges or maybe on the hood, ZL1 style like another member was going to do, but I want the badges black and red instead of chrome and red. But if I put badges on the hood then I might peel off the black vinyl which I'm not sure I want to do. Just some of the ideas running through my head.
Doglife1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
I went and looked AFTER I started this thread, seems like it has been discussed a lot but I have only seen one example of a 1LE badge. The other thing that I wonder is how do we refer to these cars?

When asked, "is that the SS?" Of course the answer is yes. Now when asked what will I say? I damn sure don't want to enter into a lame discussion with a non car person about what a 1LE is or what that means.

I think GM should have at least put the 1LE on the bottom of the steering wheel.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
Doglife1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE, 2004 Silverado
I would probably just say it's a SS. True car guys/girls wouldn't have to ask what model it is. People who know about the 1LE will know how to spot one.
Doglife1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:19 AM   #5
dirkdoesdirt

Drives: 2010 Silverado, Ordered 1LE
Its an SS, with the "performance package"!
dirkdoesdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:02 AM   #6
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
I'm thinking about getting a custom badge made from Emblem Pros to put on the strut brace, but I think that might be it. I like the look of it with the SS badges and wouldn't want to add on to them or remove them.

Last edited by radametz; 10-16-2012 at 09:14 AM.
radametz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:22 AM   #7
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1sniper3x View Post
I'm thinking about getting a custom badge made from Emblem Pros to put on the struct brace, but I think that might be it. I like the look of it with the SS badges and wouldn't want to add on to them or remove them.
Make your strut brace look like this:

jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #8
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslk350 View Post
I thought about doing that as well! My original plan (and still a possible plan) for my 1LE was to make it look as close to the concept as possible, i.e. ZL1 spoiler and rockers, hash tag stripes with the black hood, black mirrors, cosmetics under the hood, and possibly the larger brakes in the long run. Still debating if I want to do that or go with something original. Chances are though, the strut brace will be black, it's just a matter of if it says "CAMARO" or "1LE" on it
Old 10-16-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:

Will this Brace fit the 2010RS/SS without taking the top strut washer off.If so where did u purchase it.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #10
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
I actually contacted Emblem Pros about making some custom 1LE badges yesterday, I think it needs it since I'm taking the hood wrap off and adding stuff, thinking of putting one on the hood and one on the trunk instead of the SS. They will be Satin black to match the rims and maybe the 1 in Red to accentuate the brembo's. I think it will give it a nice addition and won't be overly noticeable or maybe just put them under the Camaro sidescripts. We will see!
Old 10-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #11
stt816

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS M6
here's what i would do if i got the 1le....debadge the stock ss in the back, and the chevy emblem. Then buy a big ss emblem on eBay (comes off trailblazer/impalas) and put it where the chevy logo used to be and have someone create a 1le logo and put that where the old ss logo used to be...That way people still know it's an SS WITH the 1LE package
Pfadt Race Engineering 1.25" Lowering Springs| Pfadt Spec Performance Street Alignment|ZL1 Front Bumper Conversion|ZL1 20x9 Rims|Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus 275/40R20Y Square Setup||Footwell Lighting|G2 Gold Painted Brake Calipers
Stainless Power Long Tube Headers|Cold Air Inductions Cold Air Intake|VMAX CNC Spiral Ported Throttle Body|Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback| Vitesse Throttle Controller
--Jannetty Racing Enterprises Dyno Tuned|408 RWHP
stt816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #12
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
well that's because its not a model, it is an option package..just say its the SS with the 1LE performance package..seems simple enough
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #13
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doglife1LE View Post
I would probably just say it's a SS. True car guys/girls wouldn't have to ask what model it is. People who know about the 1LE will know how to spot one.
Agreed....if they are asking if it's an SS then they probably don't know about the 1LE. Now, if I were at a car show and had time to shoot the breeze then I would probably explain that it has the 1LE package and what that consists of. Otherwise if it were mostly in passing I would just go with it's an SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stt816 View Post
here's what i would do if i got the 1le....debadge the stock ss in the back, and the chevy emblem. Then buy a big ss emblem on eBay (comes off trailblazer/impalas) and put it where the chevy logo used to be and have someone create a 1le logo and put that where the old ss logo used to be...That way people still know it's an SS WITH the 1LE package
I agree with this other than I would use old school SS on the front grill and in the rear and not the newer SS that comes on the trailblazer. I think a small 1LE where the SS is on the rear would be good.

Then maybe you could put another small emblem on the hood along side the cowl or maybe under the Camaro on the fender. Even that might be too much. I would just have to see it.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #14
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:

Is there somewhere you can send your brace off to get that done or do you have to buy it like that? Do you have a link?