Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-15-2008, 04:44 PM   #57
Justin
Camaro5's Cell Phone Geek

Drives: '02 V6 Camaro. 5 speed manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aston70 View Post
Yeah, and 5million+ posts? Is that Guinness World Record for the soggiest post whore? Wonder how accurate that is really?
Perhaps it's not so much a post count as a profanity count.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:37 PM   #58
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
So, I read the first 3 pages...and I didn't see this. I found this on Autoblog's website...I'll include the link so that you can look for yourself...but:

Quote:
UPDATE: We've contacted GM to inquire about the validity of this story, and they tell us that the production Camaro will not debut at this event. It will actually debut BEFORE then at a place TBD. Hmmm... what event takes place before September that would be an appropriate place to debut an iconic muscle car? If you'd all like to meet us at the Coney Island restaurant on Woodward Ave. the Thursday before the Dream Cruise, we'll buy you a coney.
Interesting...take what you want from that...and believe it or not...I just wanted to throw that in there!

Here's the link Camaro Getting Early Unveil at Indy This Year

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:55 PM   #59
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Feels good don't it? To not be surrouned by..."people". (substitute for a nasty word; I am a mod after all )

Let me try to mimmick that second responder but in my thoughts:

I'm F'n glad GM's F'n gonna be putting F'n multiple F'n vehicles together at the same F'n show, because that F'n guarantees we'll F'n be learning F'n EVERYTHING about the F'n car come September!!!! er...F'n!
Well put I've heard that the LS1 guys are nasty to the sixer people, but thats been a while back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
well said dragoneye, well said
x2 ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ac View Post
i know im not gonna be able to go but whoever does buy 5 one gigabyte memory sticks and fill them all up with pictures
5GB?? lets go with an 8GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmytireshredsGT View Post
4 months 6 days 21 hours 18 minutes 30 seconds...ls3 please?
Nice count down

***Side Note: Can't wait for the new camaro to drop, I gaurontee there will be millions of flashes .... no trillions of flashes from cameras going off***
Old 05-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #60
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega94 View Post
So, I read the first 3 pages...and I didn't see this. I found this on Autoblog's website...I'll include the link so that you can look for yourself...but:

Interesting...take what you want from that...and believe it or not...I just wanted to throw that in there!

Here's the link Camaro Getting Early Unveil at Indy This Year
Autoblog is the National Enquirer of Camaro info lately... screw them...
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:44 PM   #61
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS9CamaroSS View Post
Autoblog is the National Enquirer of Camaro info lately... screw them...
Hm...i don't know what to take from that Generally speaking...they post things that get posted here first. So if you're implying that Autoblog fabricates stuff...(I don't understand your analogy including the National Enquirer...I don't read it)...then I'm not sure what to say. A lot of times they give Camaro5.com credit for different finds...I don't know...I was just sharing (don't worry, I don't feel like I'm being attacked...just simply stating)

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:28 PM   #62
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillInThe04Ranger View Post
5GB?? lets go with an 8GB
If I go, which is in stage 3 of 5 (figuratively speaking), I will have my D-SLR and more than enough memory to go around...not to mention a laptop and my own website to upload to. Images won't be an issue.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:39 PM   #63
DGOETZ

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Sorry but our hands are tied. The club members have known about the plan for unveiling for a while, I personally about bit my tongue off not being able to say anything about it until we got the OK. There are a couple of tid-bits more, maybe Scott will spill those beans. I'm sure they would have let us release the info sooner, but most likely wanted to make sure they had "all their ducks in a row" before it got out. Would have been pretty bad if something happened and there were no cars to unveil after saying there would be. Gotta "Keep the faith"

Mike L.
C.I.C.C. Member
Anybody with a well trained ear knew this was going to happen...clues and hints have been given to the importance of the Indy Bash.
GM - Power Antenna, 35th Anniversary Front and Rear Lettering
SLP - CAGS
DGOETZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:03 AM   #64
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aston70 View Post
Yeah, and 5million+ posts? Is that Guinness World Record for the soggiest post whore? Wonder how accurate that is really?
unless he has figured out how to average 2.6 posts a minute for the last 4 years, I'm thinking its not quite accurate. That and the top two posters combined account for more replies than are on the entire site. I just wonder how they hacked the site and didn't get banned.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:53 AM   #65
Camaroman_99

Drives: 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Talking

Well, I definitely will have to drive up and check out the "action". I plan on attending at least 1 day for sure
Old 05-16-2008, 07:06 AM   #66
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGOETZ View Post
Anybody with a well trained ear knew this was going to happen...clues and hints have been given to the importance of the Indy Bash.
Yes of course, but from the message boards I've been visiting there's a lot of people who's ears aren't as well trained I guess. The point is when someone shares confidential inside information and asks that you not to share it publicly then that's what you do. Scott has the right to drop all the hints he wants, our club honored our commitment to not make public statements until they said is was OK. So I'm not sure why you felt it necessary to make that post.

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 05-16-2008 at 07:45 AM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:08 PM   #67
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega94 View Post
Hm...i don't know what to take from that Generally speaking...they post things that get posted here first. So if you're implying that Autoblog fabricates stuff...(I don't understand your analogy including the National Enquirer...I don't read it)...then I'm not sure what to say. A lot of times they give Camaro5.com credit for different finds...I don't know...I was just sharing (don't worry, I don't feel like I'm being attacked...just simply stating)
well i have heard things and seen some stuff coming from them that i don't exactly agree with... and i just meant that lately they are coming up with tabloid type things right now... If you ask me they're just trying to stir up confusion with this current theory of theirs...
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:35 AM   #68
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Ok I see where some some confusion may have come from. Hadn't noticed it until it was pointed out to me. On some message boards our information "that the new production Camaros will be in attendance and unveiled at the Indy 08, Back at the Brickyard Event in September. The car will be unveiled at the event and many different models/engine combos will be available for the general public to review,,," was cut and pasted into threads that were then given a title with the word "Official" added, and then posted on other sites with the same misleading title. In our defense nowhere was it ever stated the this would be the one and only "Official" unvieling. Terribly sorry for any confusion that may have caused. Hopefully you have seen Scott's post in the other thread by now.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:12 AM   #69
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
I'll try to maintain good manners in this all, but it was very disappointing to hear that the public, which is the only reason that the car even exists (our overwhelming response to the concept), won't be the first to see the production models in a venue such as this. Just keep in mind that the word "Official" is far less misleading...the word "unveiled" is completely false according to the real story.

But, barring something ridiculously amazing happening, I did just save several hundred bucks by not going.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:00 PM   #70
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I wonder if there's more of a need to cater to the automotive magazines than there is to cater to a get-together of people who are already going to buy the car? It makes sense that they would be eager to please the media with giving them the first crack at the car because they are going to have a lot of influence on people who aren't already looking for a dealer taking downpayments. LOL!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote