Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
booth8233

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Roto-Fab vs. Injen CAI

So i narrowed it down to Roto-fab CAI or Injen powerflow CAI.
Im not sure which one i want yet.
INJEN "says" that you get 16hp gain? and rotofab says 12hp gain.
both will be the short tube.

any one have any suggestions?

Mods soon: BBK Long tube headers w/ high flow cats, ported throttle body & Trifecta tune (ghost cam)
booth8233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
I went with roto-fab plus you can always upgrade to the adm scoop and gain another 5-10hp out of it. I painted mine along with the rest of my engine parts.

Both are great products thou so I really cant say anything not good about the Injen.

Shaun
Attached Images

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
zogster

Drives: 2014 RRM ZL1 M6
The Injen short tube gets 16HP? Are you sure it's not the long tube that gets 16?

I would go with the Roto fab for looks alone.

Personally I have the Injen long tube because I wanted the most performance and wasn't worried about appearance.
zogster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
2010camarolt

Drives: Victory Red 1LT
i went roto fab mainly for looks and dont have to worry about the dry filter and it still gives you some performance, it was an easy install, you cant go wrong with either one
Old 09-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #5
booth8233

im trying to go with looks and appearance.. the long tubes im trying to stay away from because of so many people i hear of hydrolocking there car.. and if i do any CAI i was going to go with dry filter.. would you guys steer away from that?

Mods soon: BBK Long tube headers w/ high flow cats, ported throttle body & Trifecta tune (ghost cam)
Old 09-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #6
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by booth8233 View Post
im trying to go with looks and appearance.. the long tubes im trying to stay away from because of so many people i hear of hydrolocking there car.. and if i do any CAI i was going to go with dry filter.. would you guys steer away from that?
Only two hydrolocked their car, one was, well, due to driver modding error.

Injen long tube about 15hp,
short tubes 7-10
Rotofab in the 10 range? only seen their dyno and no others.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
booth8233

So besides looks Injen shortube would be for looks, and roto-fab would be more for gains?
I wish the tube could come polished aluminum instead of plastic, but i want the most for my money.. any other suggestions what you think i should do??
the reason why im iffy is because i seen a v6 car with mrt v1.0 exhaust injen CAI and dt headers.. I loved the way it sounded
http://www.youtube.com/user/verymood.../2/txYPLqgqKwo
^ as found there.
So i was wanting this but if this would change the sound ehhh

Old 09-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #8
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Personnaly I like the rorofab for looks, sound and power over the Injen short ram
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:47 AM   #9
Spicoli

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
I feel that most of the intakes are good. I went with Roto-Fab (like most of the rest of the people here) for the looks. I love it.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #10
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
I like the Roto-Fab out of the given choices and my favorite is the Airaid. We just did some testing with the Airaid and picked up 12 RWHP on an otherwise 100% stock Automatic. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley

Last edited by JDP Motorsports; 09-20-2011 at 02:58 PM.
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:08 PM   #11
StoopDude

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
I like the Roto-Fab out of the given choices and my favorite is the Airaid. We just did some testing with the Airaid and picked up 12 RWHP on an otherwise 100% stock Automatic. Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley

I prefer the Airaid I like the look and the performance gain i Got from it makes it even better!! also I'm loving the improved throttle response!! that car looks like mine! wait that is my car hahaha!! Next i think i'm gonna have to get the Vmax from JDP Motorsports there customer service is 2nd to none! they also do great installs!! Thanks Jordan!
StoopDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:58 PM   #12
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Here is some more info on our V6 system. It's a great intake that has very positive feedback from the ones that actually have it on their car. Also, we offer lots of options to fit individual taste and if you like, you can add more of our products later to complete the appearance under the hood.
From start to finish, we've designed an intake system to maximize performance and sound while enhancing the appearance of your engine compartment. Most intakes look similar at first glance, so please take a moment to check out some of the details that truly set ours apart from the rest.

Air box
-Our air box makes the most of the available area by effectively shielding the engine hot compartment air from reaching the filter. By effectively sealing to the hood, you get all of the advantages of a closed air box while maximizing the area around the filter. We've done extensive testing on air box configurations and we have found that "crowding" the filter results in less power. Besides, the exposed filter looks really cool with the hood open! In the first pic, we applied a small amount of powder to the air box seal and closed the hood. You will see a less pronounced line on your hood after running our intake.

This picture shows how the lower part of the box fits your car. In adddition, you can see that our air box actually steps inward which creates more space for a bigger filter while shortening the intake tract length. A longer intake length creates a restriction resulting in less power gains.

Filter- We offer the standard oil type filter as welll as a dry filter. All of our filters are USA made and will last the lifetime of your vehicle with periodic maintenance. Our filters have a 6" mounting flange to accomodate our custom molded MAF sensor housing!

MAF sensor housing-In addition to accepting your stock MAF sensor, our housing performs several other functions. First, we mold the part nearly 1/4" thick to reduce heat transfer to the inner wall/air stream. A velocity stack type of entry is created by incorporating a large radius in the transition down from the 6" filter mounting flange to the finished diameter of the sensor housing itself. (5) 10-32 brass inserts are molded into the housing for tight, secure mounting to the air box. This unique design allows the air duct to pass through the air box wall while maintaining a barrier against radiator/engine heat.

This cross-sectional view shows the radius on the entry leading to the MAF sensor.

Inlet elbow-Like the MAF housing, our inlet elbow is molded nearly 1/4" thick. Plastic naturally transfers much less heat to the inner wall than aluminum. The additional thickness slows the heat transfer even more. We mold on a nipple and supply a straight silicone coupler for secure and clean mounting of the breather tube.

Hump hose and transition hose couplers
-With solid and sealed mounting to the air box, our system needs a dependable means of absorbing motor rock. We use top quality high gloss silicone couplers to achieve this. On the throttle body side we use a transition hose to step from the throttle body OD to our inlet elbow OD. FYI, the difference in size is what allows the inside diameter of our elbow to be the size of the OD of the throttle body. The other hose is referred to as a "hump hose" because of its shape. with movement the hump area expands or collapses to absorb movement. The hoses are secured with stainless steel non-perforated clamps which don't damage the hoses.

Our system installs using factory mounting points and requires absolutely no cutting, drilling, modifying or relocating of components. Installation instructions are very thorough and include color pictures of the steps. Your intake will arrive in custom cut foam packaging for secure tranporting. We take pride in our customer service and we have time to talk with you. If you take the time to read our customer posts you will see we work hard to address all of the areas of customer satisfaction.

If you have read this far, hopefully you have noticed a few things you don't see on other intakes. Virtually everything we do (and don't do) with our intake design is the result of extensive dyno testing. Thank you for taking the time to learn about our products.

Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #13
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by booth8233 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbee View Post
Only two hydrolocked their car, one was, well, due to driver modding error.

Injen long tube about 15hp,
short tubes 7-10
Rotofab in the 10 range? only seen their dyno and no others.
wait, who hydrolocked their car? got a link to any threads?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:58 PM   #14
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
Here is some more info on our V6 system. It's a great intake that has very positive feedback from the ones that actually have it on their car. Also, we offer lots of options to fit individual taste and if you like, you can add more of our products later to complete the appearance under the hood.
From start to finish, we've designed an intake system to maximize performance and sound while enhancing the appearance of your engine compartment. Most intakes look similar at first glance, so please take a moment to check out some of the details that truly set ours apart from the rest.

Air box
-Our air box makes the most of the available area by effectively shielding the engine hot compartment air from reaching the filter. By effectively sealing to the hood, you get all of the advantages of a closed air box while maximizing the area around the filter. We've done extensive testing on air box configurations and we have found that "crowding" the filter results in less power. Besides, the exposed filter looks really cool with the hood open! In the first pic, we applied a small amount of powder to the air box seal and closed the hood. You will see a less pronounced line on your hood after running our intake.

This picture shows how the lower part of the box fits your car. In adddition, you can see that our air box actually steps inward which creates more space for a bigger filter while shortening the intake tract length. A longer intake length creates a restriction resulting in less power gains.

Filter- We offer the standard oil type filter as welll as a dry filter. All of our filters are USA made and will last the lifetime of your vehicle with periodic maintenance. Our filters have a 6" mounting flange to accomodate our custom molded MAF sensor housing!

MAF sensor housing-In addition to accepting your stock MAF sensor, our housing performs several other functions. First, we mold the part nearly 1/4" thick to reduce heat transfer to the inner wall/air stream. A velocity stack type of entry is created by incorporating a large radius in the transition down from the 6" filter mounting flange to the finished diameter of the sensor housing itself. (5) 10-32 brass inserts are molded into the housing for tight, secure mounting to the air box. This unique design allows the air duct to pass through the air box wall while maintaining a barrier against radiator/engine heat.

This cross-sectional view shows the radius on the entry leading to the MAF sensor.

Inlet elbow-Like the MAF housing, our inlet elbow is molded nearly 1/4" thick. Plastic naturally transfers much less heat to the inner wall than aluminum. The additional thickness slows the heat transfer even more. We mold on a nipple and supply a straight silicone coupler for secure and clean mounting of the breather tube.

Hump hose and transition hose couplers
-With solid and sealed mounting to the air box, our system needs a dependable means of absorbing motor rock. We use top quality high gloss silicone couplers to achieve this. On the throttle body side we use a transition hose to step from the throttle body OD to our inlet elbow OD. FYI, the difference in size is what allows the inside diameter of our elbow to be the size of the OD of the throttle body. The other hose is referred to as a "hump hose" because of its shape. with movement the hump area expands or collapses to absorb movement. The hoses are secured with stainless steel non-perforated clamps which don't damage the hoses.

Our system installs using factory mounting points and requires absolutely no cutting, drilling, modifying or relocating of components. Installation instructions are very thorough and include color pictures of the steps. Your intake will arrive in custom cut foam packaging for secure tranporting. We take pride in our customer service and we have time to talk with you. If you take the time to read our customer posts you will see we work hard to address all of the areas of customer satisfaction.

If you have read this far, hopefully you have noticed a few things you don't see on other intakes. Virtually everything we do (and don't do) with our intake design is the result of extensive dyno testing. Thank you for taking the time to learn about our products.

This is great information and it is a great product! Roto-Fab intakes are considered upper tier at JDP and that is the reason we offer them. I haven't had a chance to test the V6 version yet but I like everything we've used and installed from Roto-Fab to this point. I need to get more products up on our site. You guys also have excellent service!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote