Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #57
2xSSRS

Drives: 2017 SS Black on Black A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Hanging out here is like hanging with my buds growing up. I drove a '69 Cougar, my best bud a '72 Charger, one friend of ours a '68 Charger and a Superbee and another a '70 Javelin. We used to rag on each other all the time but we loved each others passion and secretly wished we could have each others cars as well. It is more fun here because of that. I go to the Mustang forum for support and tech talk although I get most of that from my club affiliation with the Golden Horseshoe Mustang Association. Also if you read in another thread after helping a friend hunt for a Shelby GT500 for months he bought a Camaro. I couldn't be happier as I get to tease him now. It's all in good fun, Ford vs Chevy is like battling siblings or cousins not an all out Civil war. Learn to take it as well as dish it out and you can enjoy some laughs and make good friends.

I'll give you some starting points. Mustang rear ends look like they have a diaper. Our tires are too skinny. Solid rear axles belong n covered wagons not performance cars. I'm sure others here can give you some metaphorical paintballs to lob my way.

Same here. Must have had some o the same buds. I like all the fast cars and the Ford & Chevy are like OSU & Michigan. They don't much like each other, but they love to play together. Glad you're here.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #58
ss/rs-matt

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Hanging out here is like hanging with my buds growing up. I drove a '69 Cougar, my best bud a '72 Charger, one friend of ours a '68 Charger and a Superbee and another a '70 Javelin. We used to rag on each other all the time but we loved each others passion and secretly wished we could have each others cars as well. It is more fun here because of that. I go to the Mustang forum for support and tech talk although I get most of that from my club affiliation with the Golden Horseshoe Mustang Association. Also if you read in another thread after helping a friend hunt for a Shelby GT500 for months he bought a Camaro. I couldn't be happier as I get to tease him now. It's all in good fun, Ford vs Chevy is like battling siblings or cousins not an all out Civil war. Learn to take it as well as dish it out and you can enjoy some laughs and make good friends.

I'll give you some starting points. Mustang rear ends look like they have a diaper. Our tires are too skinny. Solid rear axles belong n covered wagons not performance cars. I'm sure others here can give you some metaphorical paintballs to lob my way.

I personally like that mustang guys are here. I love the new mustangs and I love the trash talk. Hell, that's one of the best things about owning a muscle car. It what muscle car wars are built on!

From the legend himself Carroll Shelby talking trash at 1:10 and 2:45. "we would just show up and beat the corvette" haha! Love it.

Last edited by ss/rs-matt; 06-18-2012 at 10:00 PM.
ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:42 PM   #59
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Wait, wait... A Camaro can do a burnout?
I laughed my a$$ off at this post and then continured to read the rest of the thread and had to chuckle a little more at the folks who haven't read your posts and don't know you.

Fenderaddict2 is a very respected member of C5. Not that he needs anyone to say so because I think you guys have already figured that out.

And YES the Camaro can do a burnout... my old car...

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 409
Size:  46.5 KB
Old 06-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #60
ss/rs-matt

I think we need video proof that a rustang can do a burnout...:-)

Old 06-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #61
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss/rs-matt View Post
I think we need video proof that a rustang can do a burnout...:-)
Only if it's a blue Boss...
Old 06-18-2012, 10:42 PM   #62
ss/rs-matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Only if it's a blue Boss...
Wait, a boss can do a burnout?

Old 06-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #63
vrunner

Drives: 2012 T3 Edition 2SS Hurst 6M
TC off, 3k, dump clutch, go sideways!! Never have an issue lighting them up!!

vrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:18 PM   #64
Chevrole+

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolomonAKOO View Post
Tried that in my SS M6 and it worked but then all i smelt was the clutch burning up! but still a very successful burnout!
Legit. Worth the loss lol. Burnt clutch once. Thought I could burn out from a stop in second. Never again. Nuff said

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.011052,-84.370649
Sidewayz...ALWAYZ
Chevrole+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:32 AM   #65
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss/rs-matt View Post
Wait, a boss can do a burnout?
Nice return.

And yes it can, well it will... The very reason I asked the tire dealer to keep my worn p-zeros. Now I just need to run back down to Buffalo with the wife's car to pick 'em up. Vids will follow. Although I will concor based on evidence submitted the Camaro can lay down longer continuous stripes.

On another note, maybe the upcoming 'Cuda will finally allow the Dodge boys to come out and play.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #66
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #67
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
Quote:
Nice return.

And yes it can, well it will... The very reason I asked the tire dealer to keep my worn p-zeros. Now I just need to run back down to Buffalo with the wife's car to pick 'em up. Vids will follow. Although I will concor based on evidence submitted the Camaro can lay down longer continuous stripes.

On another note, maybe the upcoming 'Cuda will finally allow the Dodge boys to come out and play.
is the Cuda confirmed?
Old 06-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #68
RADREVX

Drives: 2012 SS
Quote:
Nice return.

I almost bought a mustang but the deal i got on my camaro was way to good to pass. I own a new focus 5 door sport if that counts ;-)
RADREVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #69
Wolfman720

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro 2SS/RS
Lol. So many responses talking to me like it's my first hot rod. Haven't tried since i posted this, but I still can't believe it did that the first time. My 99 vette would blow the tires off without any issue. Maybe it's the 14.4 inch rear brakes. Too much clamping force. Lol
Wolfman720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #70
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:

haha..I never heard the diaper one before.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote