Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #1
jamekitz

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Hurst Auto Shifter, Solar Gard Stone Protection, Front License Plate Bracket

I thought I would share with the group some shots I took today of my ZL1 with the backdrop of the Detroit skyline.

Firstly, yesterday I had the entire front end (up to just past the vents on the carbon fiber), mirrors, A-pillars, entire area of the front fenders under the "CAMARO" badge, and entire gill section of the rear quarter panels covered in Solar Gard Clearshield Pro stone chip protection. Anthony Pecaski, the Canadian Territory Manager for Solar Gard, set me up and I could not be happier! For anyone interested in stone chip protection I highly recommend Solar Gard- it's the clearest film on the market, has a 7 year warranty, 99% UV protection, and it is computer & plotter-cut to math data on virtually every car. As you can see, it's virtually invisible, no orange peel, and looks amazing!

I also wanted to show your my front license plate bracket which I built off an idea I saw on an older post here on Camaro5. While it took me longer than the three hours estimated on the post (about 6 more hours to be honest), I think it turned out alright. I am interested to know what you guys think of it.

Lastly, I wanted to show you my installed Automatic Hurst Shifter. I picked the black handle over the silver and I really like it. It feels good in the hand and I think it looks good- also wanted to know what you all think of it since I haven't seen a whole lot of posts on it.

Hope you all enjoy!

Edit: The shots with the old BTAY license plate were actually taken in London, On. last week. I added those on accident.
Attached Images

Last edited by jamekitz; 04-12-2014 at 06:02 PM.
jamekitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:01 PM   #2
southview

Drives: 08 tahoe, 50 merc
southview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #3
VChula
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 1996 Z28 SS & 2014 ZL1
Car looks good!

It also looks like you still have the front spring spacers installed...
1996 Camaro Z28 SS #1688
2014 Camaro ZL1 Coupe #1956
VChula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:41 PM   #4
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
For sure your dealer left some items in... Ford Raptor high up front.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:41 PM   #5
jamekitz

Thanks, guys. I kinda thought my car was high in the front, too, but I never thought much of it. My car is probably the first and only ZL1 my dealer has sold so I am not surprised. At 2100km am I looking at a potential problem having driven on them this much??
Old 04-12-2014, 11:55 PM   #6
AZ2SSRS

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
If the dealer left the spacers in, I'm thinking that they also forgot to install the front wind deflectors on each side. Better check that out as well.
AZ2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:58 PM   #7
jamekitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2SSRS View Post
If the dealer left the spacers in, I'm thinking that they also forgot to install the front wind deflectors on each side. Better check that out as well.
What are the front wind deflectors? I installed the two pieces under the splitter if that is what you mean.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:39 AM   #8
jamekitz

Just checked. You guys are absolutely right. Now I am pissed.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:46 AM   #9
BAD ZL1
BAD ZL1

Drives: 2013 VIN 48 Victory Red ZL1!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamekitz View Post
Yeah first one for them to sell or not, these cars come with instructions for dealers to read and follow. Pretty half ass job by your dealer. Great looking car though man.

And the Hey Now plate, is that Howard Stern related? I love Howard, Bababooey to ya'all...
BAD ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:33 AM   #10
jamekitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD ZL1 View Post
Yeah first one for them to sell or not, these cars come with instructions for dealers to read and follow. Pretty half ass job by your dealer. Great looking car though man.

And the Hey Now plate, is that Howard Stern related? I love Howard, Bababooey to ya'all...
It sure is, BAD ZL1, and I know you do. You're the only one that got it when I posted the Price is Right Bababooey lose music on the Magenta Camaro thread.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:11 PM   #11
URBAN LEGEND

Quote:
What are the front wind deflectors? I installed the two pieces under the splitter if that is what you mean.
Same item that deflects air to around the front of the tires.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:13 PM   #12
URBAN LEGEND

Quote:
Don't be pissed. Not a big deal. Now your front end grip will be substantially better. You'll be impressed.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:21 PM   #13
Chief Mario

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th on order..
Great looking car, Can't wait to get mine on a rail car.. still at the Oshawa plant lot.

BTW how much for the clear protective film? I will definitely do the portion in front of the rear wheels (gills) but not sure I will go as far as you did.

As far as the front plate... this is what I bought when I lived in Ottawa for my 2010 SS.. I prefer it over anything out there which screws up the look in my opinion..

You can get it on ebay for like $30, I used to drive my Camaro with the plate hidden, got stop once by the cops and I told him I had forgotten to pull the plate out after cleaning it , haha I have to admit though, not sure if it will work on the Zl1 because of the different front end.

Still and Again sweet looking ZL1, Congrats!
Old 04-13-2014, 05:31 PM   #14
jamekitz

I took the spacers out today myself. It sits so much better and feels so much more connected as opposed to 'floaty.' Thanks, guys, for telling me about them.

As for the price on the Solar Gard for the gills only, I'm not really sure. You can email Anthony at anthony.pecaski@saint-gobain.com and he could probably help you get a price and find an installer nearby.