Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-28-2013, 09:18 AM   #1
HypnotiqSS

Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss
Time for rear tires

I cant find a thread for what im looking for so hear it goes. I have stock 20's and I need to find a summer tire. I just want something with more grip than stock p-zeros. I don't track and may go to the strip MAYBE 1-2 times this year. my driving style is conservative with spirited driving every now and then. my mods are in the sig and my future mods are longtubes and such. it dosent have to be good in the rain but I don't want to slide off the road when it does. ide also like them to last more than 10k miles( obviously driving habits are a factor). I think that's it and thank you all in advance for the advice
Old 12-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Sounds like Michelin Pilot Super Sports are the tire for you. Excellent in dry and wet, one of the best summer tires out there. Handles exceptionally well for your occasional spirited drive, and the best part- 300 tread wear rating. This tire is one of the top performers yet lasts longer than most summer tires.

I like the Goodyear F1 Supercar G2s as well. Very grippy at the track. Not so good at sub-freezing temperatures though.
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
HypnotiqSS

Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss
thanks for the reply ill start searching!
Old 12-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
Cornflakes'Camaro
Counting down the days...

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
I have 2 brand new/0 mile General Tire G-Max 275/40R20's that are for sale if you are interested. I currently have those tires on my car now and have no complaints at all. I also have taken them to the drag strip several times and had no complaints there either. Do some research on them, and if you are interested in making a deal, shoot me a PM. Good luck!
Tick Performance Custom Cam w/ support mods/BBK LT Headers w/ midpipes/Straight Exhaust/Airaid Cold Air Intake/ZL1 Driveshaft/ZL1 Differential/Hendrix Engineering Offset Bushings/ZL1 Axles/BMR Rear Subframe Bushings/BMR Toe Rods/Carlyle Racing 15" Conversion/Jannetty Winsheild Bottle Scoop/Forgestar 15x10 Beadlocks wrapped in Mickey Thompson Radial Pros
Cornflakes'Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Michelin Pilot Super Sports are at a great price at Discount Tire right now. I just picked up:
255/40/20 for the front
285/35/20 for the rear

I'm still on stock wheels, so that's the biggest I could go. Now I just gotta wait for spring!
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote