Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-13-2009, 12:57 AM   #15
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Lucky for all those that are still waiting to order thier cars - dealers being able to sell the cars over MSRP have limited days and customers left.

eBay used to be ripe with people paying huge money over MSRP on cars just to get them immediately - now the only cars selling are the unique ones that are being sold at MSRP.

I called about a used car in my area yesterday - the owner told me he paid $39k for the car which was $2k over sticker. He was asking $41k for the car and told me that if I did not want it that he could sell it easily on ebay for over $40k. Once I told him how to check the completed listings on eBay of the cars that did sell he came back first telling me he would sell at MSRP and then said he would do better than MSRP.

Thanks to Camaro Scotty he helped find me a dealer that has an allocation order going in tomorrow and they are just a short distance from Canada so all cars come to them directly via truck. They are averaging about 6 weeks from order to delivery. This dealer not only has the allocation ready to go in but they will sell to me at MSRP.

Thanks Scotty and may all the dealers asking over MSRP have thier franchises closed next year when the New GM takes over and leaves you behind.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 01:03 AM   #16
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
Will do!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:17 PM   #17
Cyberfan

Drives: 08 Z06 Vette; 02 T/A Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by talwell View Post
Lucky for all those that are still waiting to order thier cars - dealers being able to sell the cars over MSRP have limited days and customers left.

eBay used to be ripe with people paying huge money over MSRP on cars just to get them immediately - now the only cars selling are the unique ones that are being sold at MSRP.

I called about a used car in my area yesterday - the owner told me he paid $39k for the car which was $2k over sticker. He was asking $41k for the car and told me that if I did not want it that he could sell it easily on ebay for over $40k. Once I told him how to check the completed listings on eBay of the cars that did sell he came back first telling me he would sell at MSRP and then said he would do better than MSRP.

Thanks to Camaro Scotty he helped find me a dealer that has an allocation order going in tomorrow and they are just a short distance from Canada so all cars come to them directly via truck. They are averaging about 6 weeks from order to delivery. This dealer not only has the allocation ready to go in but they will sell to me at MSRP.

Thanks Scotty and may all the dealers asking over MSRP have thier franchises closed next year when the New GM takes over and leaves you behind.
Why blame the dealers? Even though they may lie and say everybody sells them over MSRP, it's the STUPID CUSTOMERS that are to blame, because they pay too much and don't shop around. NOBODY on Camaro5 should be paying more than MSRP now. Discounts are closer than you think- I am seeing these Camaros on the road a lot more now.
Cyberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #18
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Unhappy

JUST got told by a dealer in Southern CA that GM did the dealers wrong and they are only making about $900 on the loaded 2SS Camaros, so they are justified in charging $5 - $10K over! I told him, thanks, no thanks...Geez
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #19
Van

Drives: 2006 EVO MR - 390 @ wheels
Its funny. People seem to forget the laws of supply and demand when it comes to cars.

Market value price is adjusted based on the demand for an item, amongst other things. At the same time, an item is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. So if the perceived demand is allowing for sales at 5k over MSRP -- than that is indeed the market value for the vehicle.

We've just been lucky that not all dealers are doing that. I personally cannot fault a dealer for trying to make a profit, its business after all. However the profit needs to be commensurate with the reality of the demand. This car has a lot of hype and buzz, and that is a function of the price gouging you see. It's not necessarily reality until someone makes it a reality.

Keep boycotting those dealers, and you will soon see no more of the price gouging. Tell those rich folks in your area to quit enabling the dealers as well!
3000, Order accepted by production control 8/18/2009 TPW 9/07/2009
3300, Order scheduled for production 8/24/2009
3400, Order broadcast 9/1/2009
3800, Order produced 9/11/2009
4200, Shipped 9/11/2009
5000, Delivered to the dealer
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:04 PM   #20
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

I SO wish they (everyone) would stop paying the ridiculous prices! It is making it hard to get a good deal. These dealers are telling me they're getting 4-6 cars a week - ALL going for over MSRP!! ARGH!!
Old 08-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #21
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Well, Courtesy Chev in San Diego now has 3 SS Camaros sitting on the lot, unspoken for. All have a tag: $5K "Market Adjustment"! I just got my credit back from my refund. Now I ordered another one yesterday thanks to you great guys on the forum!

It's already at 3400 but the invoice doesn't list the full order number Jusr SRE - Retail. Working on getting it today. So a short 450 mile break-in after picking it up!
Old 08-14-2009, 01:12 PM   #22
BAD BRAD

Drives: 1969 CAMARO 2010 CAMARO
BOTH OF THE DEALERS IN MY AREA JUST CHARGE MSRP
BAD BRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #23
talwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Well, Courtesy Chev in San Diego now has 3 SS Camaros sitting on the lot, unspoken for. All have a tag: $5K "Market Adjustment"! I just got my credit back from my refund. Now I ordered another one yesterday thanks to you great guys on the forum!

It's already at 3400 but the invoice doesn't list the full order number Jusr SRE - Retail. Working on getting it today. So a short 450 mile break-in after picking it up!
How are you at 3400 after one day? Did you assume someone else's order?
Old 08-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #24
socalboxer

Drives: Slow to fast
Quote:

There is another thread for posting dealership warnings for market adjustments. Everyone on this thread should check it out.

Foothill Ranch Chevy is sitting on seven 2SS's all marked up to around $52,xxx to $55,xxx

If you really want to purchase a Camaro at, around, or under MSRP you need to call out the dealer and tell them how much you're going to pay.

When companies screw me over I tell them that one bad customer experience used to mean 9 bad referrals and now I can tell thousands of people instantly how horrible their company is and to spread the word to all their friends through all of the networking websites.
socalboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #25
talwell

Scotty and I are going to be laughing soon - wait until the winter months come and they are still sitting on those cars and cannot sell for $5k under MSRP.

It is all about karma - they are desiring short term profits to enrichen themselves but are forgetting that everyone will remember the treatment they got or the attitude that they employed during this shortage of cars.

It is no longer 1985 where you had to go to your local dealer to get a car - with the internet today you can get a car from around the corner or from around the world. I for one have not purchased a car within 500 miles of my house within the last 8 years. The dealers today need to adjust to this atmosphere and build thier business on the service they offer, the price they charge and the treatment they give thier customers.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:50 PM   #26
DET MSCL
Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via MSN to DET MSCL Send a message via Yahoo to DET MSCL Send a message via Skype™ to DET MSCL
Quote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...I am thinking about getting a custom windshield sticker for my 2SS that says "I paid MSRP at Jimmie Johnson's Chevrolet", then BUZZING Courtesy Chevrolet until they call the cops on me!

2010 Victory Red 2SS ~ Black Leather ~ Cyber Grey Rally Stripes ~ Auto ~ SunRoof ~ Polished 20s, VIN: 102432

Ordered: 10/16/2008, Built: 4/3/2009, On The Rail: 5/21/2009, Departed Michigan: 6/1/2009, Delivered: 6/11/2009
DET MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #27
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
How would you classify a dealer that will sell at MSRP if you preordered, but if they get a car on the lot (somebody backed out) they charge over.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #28
talwell

This dealer is just the same as all the others that are looking for short term profits. They have no respect for you and you should avoid them and tell everyone to do the same.

There is no justifiable reason for a dealer to charge over MSRP for a car. They are making a profit over invoice and also get the manfacturer holdback %. We are lucky that the honest ones like Scotty, Anna and the others are out there to break this mold and show us the right way business should be done.