Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Middle East

Old 05-22-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
Camaro_AbuDhabi
It's Roar makes me giggle

Drives: Camaro SS2 / RS - 2010
Camaro - Abu Dhabi - 12AM - 33C⁰

السلام عليكم

Hello fellow camaro owners !

Got this Beast a little under two weeks ago. Gave my Mercedes CLS to my Parents ... can i say mercedes cls on these boards ? and decided to give german luxury a break and go for US muscle power ! went into the dealership on a Saturday, and by Wednesday night it was mine

Photo taken a few minutes ago outside my home in the city of Abu Dhabi.

Only problem in the almost two weeks i've had this beast of a car is the warning signal you get when one of the tire sensors goes off .... ive been to the dealers , all my tires are in top shape , but they did notify me that the job takes 10 minutes max to fix one of the sensors that was damaged probably during "heavy handling?!"

I have only 1200 kilometers on it so far and i didnt try and accelerate full force yet .... after the first inspection at 1500 i will go faaaaaaaaast
Camaro_AbuDhabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
CamaroFreako
KMK

Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
gratz dude, hope u enjoy it.
CamaroFreako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
Camaro_AbuDhabi

Thank you
Old 05-22-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Welcome to the club .

Man it was 43 degrees in Muscat last (NIGHT). Do you have black vent inserts in your Camaro as a standard accessory or did you order them?

I installed mine but for only 24hr, and they started coming out from the heat. Re-installed them again with gum and hope that they will hold longer in this hell
Old 05-23-2010, 12:29 AM   #5
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
congratz.. is it an auto or manual...

the sensors maybe that your just too used to mercedes.. these cars can slip out real easy with not so much accelration in a low gear and trigger the traction control

I used to have an '09 x5 4.8.. and when i moved to the camaro.. in the first month under 'normal acceleration' the traction control saved my car a few times...
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:43 AM   #6
alssiri

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Congrats on the beautifull ride

Ahmad
2012 ZL1 A6 (SOLD)
Forged 376 CI, LSA HeartBeat, Mast Medium Bore Heads & JDP ZLR Cam, ARH LT , MagnaFlow Resonated X + Borla Atak Catback, ADM 102mm Snout, CAI, NW102MM TB, ID850, Fore Triple Fuel Pump, MSD Wire's, Moroso CC.
Alky Control, FIICHILLER.
alssiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #7
Camaro_AbuDhabi

thanks everybody

@cyber gray .... they were installed at the dealership (liberty) in abu dhabi and i am facing no problems with it falling off i would go for UHO glue lol

@alsuwaidi , its an automatic and you might have a point there , ill raise my concerns once im at the dealers this weekend when i reach 1500 kilometers
Old 05-24-2010, 03:36 AM   #8
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_AbuDhabi View Post
thanks everybody

@cyber gray .... they were installed at the dealership (liberty) in abu dhabi and i am facing no problems with it falling off i would go for UHO glue lol

@alsuwaidi , its an automatic and you might have a point there , ill raise my concerns once im at the dealers this weekend when i reach 1500 kilometers
Well we are facing a harsh summer weather this time, for almost 3 days now the temp. is around 43 at night and thats why I guess the vents couldnt hold on!

Man, I couldnt even touch them with my fingers because of the heat !!

Hopefully they will hold on with mounting.

I'm facing a similar problem with my Magna Flow exhaust tips, they release too much heat too.

Enjoy the ride.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:17 AM   #9
Q8Y

Drives: '12 F150
Congratz on your car
If you still have a problem with your tire sensors try to recalibrate them that might solve the problem.
put the ignition on battery engine off press menu then scroll until you reach the tire page press set to relearn the horn gonna sound twice and tire learning active message gonna show start with left front tire driver side deflate the tire until you hear a horn then go to front right tire passenger side do the same then rear right and rear left, on the last tire the horn gonna sound twice switch the ignition off inflate the tires to the required pressure found on the door of the driver (mine 36 psi cold tires )switch the ignition on and see the pressure it may take a while before the pressure reappears.
hope that's help I used to have this problem in my silverado even after changing the sensor the message still appears but after doing this problem solved.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:40 AM   #10
MinnesotaDream

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange
How cool to see that car parked in Abu Dhabi!

Awesome in fact! Good luck an have big fun in it!!

MRT V2 - FOOSE Legends
MinnesotaDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:04 PM   #11
Camaro_AbuDhabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q8Y View Post
Congratz on your car
If you still have a problem with your tire sensors try to recalibrate them that might solve the problem.
put the ignition on battery engine off press menu then scroll until you reach the tire page press set to relearn the horn gonna sound twice and tire learning active message gonna show start with left front tire driver side deflate the tire until you hear a horn then go to front right tire passenger side do the same then rear right and rear left, on the last tire the horn gonna sound twice switch the ignition off inflate the tires to the required pressure found on the door of the driver (mine 36 psi cold tires )switch the ignition on and see the pressure it may take a while before the pressure reappears.
hope that's help I used to have this problem in my silverado even after changing the sensor the message still appears but after doing this problem solved.
thanks bro much appreciated ...... yeah im aware of this but the dealer did say i should not do it because it wont help , so lets see if he knew what he was talking about once i get there

@Dream thanks
Old 05-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #12
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
congrats
Old 05-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #13
BLACK

Drives: 2SS/RS BLACK
you'll have a lot of fun

But if my brother asks, I throw a banana at him.
BLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:11 PM   #14
Muskles

Drives: Camaro 1LT
@ Camaro_AbuDhabi Congrats on bringing BumbleBee home!

I was wondering if you know if modification of the in built radio with a Rear View Camera screen fitting can be done somewhere reliable in the UAE (Im in Dubai) without affecting the dealer warranty.
Muskles is offline   Reply With Quote