Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
Swytch

Drives: 10 2SS/RS Black, 99 Daktota
Rear End Noise when enabling/disabling TC/Stabilitrack

Hi All, I am a fairly new owner, only got 450mi on the odo. I was in the driveway the other day messing with the radio presets and car settings. When i was done with the radio i hit the traction control button and disabled TC, then hit it again and disabled stabilitrack. Then i turned all back on, then held it for the 7 secs to get launch control on. I never moved the car during this, and i did not use any of the modes (i.e. i never tried launch control, was just messing with the buttons) When i re-enabled them all there were a few small clicks from the rear end. (keep in mind the car never moved...) After turning everything back on, i pulled it forward about 10 feet into my parking spot, when i first started to go there was a loud C-L-U-N-K from the rear and then it went forward (almost like the parking brake was on) after that no noises, drove it in to work this AM and did not notice anything.

Is it normal to get noises like this when messing with the TC/Stabilitrack? or should i head to the dealer and get it looked at?
Kooks Signature Series Headers 1-3/4 stepped to 1 7/8, Kooks 3" High Flow Cats, Vararam OTR Cold Air Intake, JRE Performance Tune, RX Catch Can, RX Oil Breather, LSR Tri-Ax short throw shifter, AAC Red/White Halos and Fog Rings, AAC Knight Rider Scanner Bar

Last edited by Swytch; 06-03-2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Cant spell worth a darn :P
Swytch is offline   Reply With Quote