Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
Dean
Union Brother

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Wheel Hop

I installed BMR Lowering Springs, Cradle Bushings, Toe Rods and Trailing Arms in my 2010 ls3.

I have not done a wheel alignment yet. I am installing new wheels/rubber this week and will align at that time.

I was hoping to see an improvement in wheel hop with a test drive today. That was not the case. It actually seems worse.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Its probably because you haven't gotten an alignment yet.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
smokum

Drives: 2010 2ssrs
Adm has some really high quality rear upper control arm bushings. They are some high dollar carbon composite material. They will keep your upper arm straight helping with wheel hop. They also have some New billet subframe bushings available. I saw them in a thread called "sub frame bushings in south Florida. Maybe that is something to look at.
smokum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #4
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I installed BMR Lowering Springs, Cradle Bushings, Toe Rods and Trailing Arms in my 2010 ls3.

I have not done a wheel alignment yet. I am installing new wheels/rubber this week and will align at that time.

I was hoping to see an improvement in wheel hop with a test drive today. That was not the case. It actually seems worse.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Alignment should help but there are still a few culprits that could be to blame. The thing that comes to mind immediately is that the BMR rear trailing arms do not include the outer bushings and they are pretty critical.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #5
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Alignment should help but there are still a few culprits that could be to blame. The thing that comes to mind immediately is that the BMR rear trailing arms do not include the outer bushings and they are pretty critical.
good point Chase
Old 05-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #6
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Like everyone else said you really need to get the vehicle aligned before you get too disappointed. With installing the new toe rods there is a pretty high likelihood that the alignment is off and that will make a big difference. Also I would recommend the outer trailing arm bushings (BK006) like Apex Chase said, they are important in helping with the wheel hop. Anything you can do to minimize movement in the rear end/rear cradle/rear suspension will ultimately help with the wheel hop.

I am assuming you are on the stock tires if you are getting them swapped out soon and I can assure that they are not helping out one bit.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Any improvement that could have been garnered from the last three mods were killed by your lowering springs, which increase wheel hop.

The best cure for wheel hop is a huge swaybar and sticky tires.
429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #8
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Alignment is mission critical to the 5th Gen IRS operation bone stock or with aftermarket parts.

Get your car in for alignment a.s.a.p.

Front

Front Camber -1.00
Toe 0.00

Rear
Camber -0.50
Toe IN 0.10
Total Toe IN 0.20
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #9
Dean
Union Brother

Bushings arrived today and alignment is scheduled.

Thanks everyone!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #10
Ravener

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Blk
I feel for ya bro. I just received my BMR trailing arms and bushings for an install tomorrow, hoping to counter the considerable wheel hop I get at the track post-cam install. I'll make sure to get my car aligned as well and will give feedback on the results to add to our knowledge base. The guys at BMR know their stuff, and did advise me that on an M6 it may take several additional components to minimize the hop.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #11
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
This. Get the outer bushings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Alignment is mission critical to the 5th Gen IRS operation bone stock or with aftermarket parts.

Front

Front Camber -1.00
Toe 0.00

Rear
Camber -0.50
Toe IN 0.10
Total Toe IN 0.20
This also. Your drop springs yanked the rear camber to about -1.3 degrees. The tire is basically leaning in at the top. Poor road contact for a launch.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #12
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Bushings arrived today and alignment is scheduled.

Thanks everyone!
Let us know how everything works out for you once you get the bushings installed and the alignment done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravener View Post
I feel for ya bro. I just received my BMR trailing arms and bushings for an install tomorrow, hoping to counter the considerable wheel hop I get at the track post-cam install. I'll make sure to get my car aligned as well and will give feedback on the results to add to our knowledge base. The guys at BMR know their stuff, and did advise me that on an M6 it may take several additional components to minimize the hop.
Definitely give us some feedback once you get the parts installed. Any feedback we recieve from you guys is greatly appreciated because it keeps us updated on how our parts are working for you guys.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #13
Dean
Union Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

Front
Front Camber -1.00
Toe 0.00

Rear
Camber -0.50
Toe IN 0.10
Total Toe IN 0.20
This is strictly a street car that's driven hard periodically. Are the specs you're suggesting stock settings or something else?

Thanks
Old 05-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #14
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Those specs are what they call "Aggressive Street". It's what you want.

Edit, they are also within stock spec range.